Hacking ROM Hack Fire Emblem Engage 60 FPS mod NO SPEEDUP

MikePrime13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like a really good idea, let me update that real quick and see what happens!
Post automatically merged:

Give this a shot, and let me know how it feels!

It's a huge improvement in the post-battle exploration map, arena, and bedroom --- the running feels smooth and the sprint does not feel like a crazy out of control Flash on drugs. The main Somniel area is a bit more tricky because there's a lot of FPS dips (averaging around 40 FPS in my system), but the running animation syncs better overall with the speed increase. I am sure if you spend more time tweaking and playing around with the code base, I'm sure there will be a consensus as to what's the best speed setting for the run speed. Right now I'd give it a solid B+/A- from a 3 minute test compared to the previous version, but I'm sure if you play around with the number, we can get it up to A+.

Thanks for the quick turnaround. I've had significant experience with the early days of BOTW CEMU FPS++ mods with the broken physics when the FPS goes up. I learned quickly that prior to the fix, keeping the FPS somewhere in between 30 FPS and 60 FPS is key to make the physics smoother without going too fast. The only issue is that each animation or physics function can have different results on different speeds, so the code must be fine tuned depending on the what needs to done.

Great job overall! I'm going to use this mod as-is right now and will be very happy as a clam -- but if there are tweaks, more than happy to test them out.

It's a huge improvement in the post-battle exploration map, arena, and bedroom --- the running feels smooth and the sprint does not feel like a crazy out of control Flash on drugs. The main Somniel area is a bit more tricky because there's a lot of FPS dips (averaging around 40 FPS in my system), but the running animation syncs better overall with the speed increase. I am sure if you spend more time tweaking and playing around with the code base, I'm sure there will be a consensus as to what's the best speed setting for the run speed. Right now I'd give it a solid B+/A- from a 3 minute test compared to the previous version, but I'm sure if you play around with the number, we can get it up to A+.

Thanks for the quick turnaround. I've had significant experience with the early days of BOTW CEMU FPS++ mods with the broken physics when the FPS goes up. I learned quickly that prior to the fix, keeping the FPS somewhere in between 30 FPS and 60 FPS is key to make the physics smoother without going too fast. The only issue is that each animation or physics function can have different results on different speeds, so the code must be fine tuned depending on the what needs to done.

Great job overall! I'm going to use this mod as-is right now and will be very happy as a clam -- but if there are tweaks, more than happy to test them out.

I did some testing again just now on battle maps, and the player phase unit movements feel a bit slow/sluggish like the exploration movement before the speeding up. It's not a gamebreaker by any means, but it's noticeably feel sluggish/slower at 60 FPS compared to the 30 FPS. You'll probably need to tweak the speed to somewhere between 1.5 to 1.8 to get the feel a bit more right.

Everything else feels okay for now.

Last edited by MikePrime13,

aaa3233

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I searched for Fire Emblem Engage 60fps cheat mod on YouTube and came here. When I applied it in Ryujinx, it was driven at 60 frames and the speed was good. However, the speed at Solanel Point was slow. It would be nice to fix only this part. Sorry for the awkward text using Google Translate.

I searched for Fire Emblem Engage 60fps cheat mod on YouTube and came here. When I applied it in Ryujinx, it was driven at 60 frames and the speed was good. However, the speed at Solanel Point was slow. It would be nice to fix only this part. Sorry for the awkward text using Google Translate.

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying to install this on yuzu for linux. Place the txt into the specified location, but it doesn't seem to give me the option to enable it following that. Any suggestions?

RutraNickers

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
trying to install this on yuzu for linux. Place the txt into the specified location, but it doesn't seem to give me the option to enable it following that. Any suggestions?
Fedora user here. Just drop the .txt on this path:
[Engage's yuzu mod folder]/60FPS/cheats/[this mod's txt].txt

Exempt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enabled it for ryuujinx and it's playing above 60 fps. not sure what am I doing wrong :huh:
Sys ver 16.0.0
Game ver 1.2.0

Last edited by Exempt,

MZA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Hi all! I currently am pretty busy with my job, but I’ll be able to get to this tomorrow night! It shouldn’t be difficult to fix as well, so I should be done within a few hours.
Thanks my friend, we will be waiting for you 😊.

vdgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason this 60fps code only works for me fist time I enable the cheat. If I restart game I have to disable cheat, then reenable it in cheat menu then start the game for it to work. Ryujinx 1.1.651, System version 15.0.1, game version 1.2.0. Any help would be appreciated.

Siralmasy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ETA was thursday night and today is sunday. probably ran into something he wasnt expecting and is taking him longer i guess

nerdpharo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's that time consuming maybe just wait for the last dlc coming next month and release then
im not expert but usually updating cheats for a new version shouldn't take much since they usually dont change much between . not to discredit OP i assume life just got in the way. Can anyone take a look unfortantely i dont know much about switch cheats ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But you said pine apple...