ROM Hack Fire Emblem 12 ~Heroes~ English Translation Project

Hydreigon

Isn't that DELICIOUS!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Really glad this is being translated. Thanks, Blazer!
yay.gif

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FrozenIndignation said:
NahuelDS said:
btw... @FrozenIndignation why so many penguins??? xD
First, those are prinnies, not penguins, and secondly, because you need alot of prinnies to make a prinny squad
biggrin.gif
So... prinnies are basically penguins with wooden legs?
unsure.gif

It will be awesome to have prinnies in fire emblem 12. Please blazer, make it happend!
laugh.gif

Blazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^LOL, you guys wish I probably could since hacking graphics isn't that hard buuuut...
tongue.gif
I'll think about it, heheh

@Everyone who said thanks... you're welcome XD I'm a sucker for people saying thanks, helps keep me motivated. gonna wake up tomorrow and get more crap accomplished so I can keep up this pace. I'm aiming for this to be done next summer (can't say that for the rest of the team, though)

Reactions: nxwing

Casanova8792

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to have a patched rom on your website? Sorry if I'm crossing the line by talking about them =\

(I've tried 3 different ones already and all are 'un-clean' since they remain in Japanese)

Blazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, hosting ROMs on sites is kind of taboo unless it's a site dedicated for that purpose, I found my ROM on google and it worked so... ._.

What's the file size of your ROM?

P.S. please be careful not to upload the ROM or mention the website where you got it from as that is also generally taboo even in hacking communities and this forum may ban you (I'm not sure, but I'm guessing they would)

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Casanova8792 said:
@Blazer; they are all around 131 KB. After trying to patch them, they shrunk to 84 KB

You must have some crazy google-ing skills then
ohmy.gif
Wait, KB?! are you sure you do not mean MB?

closedeyes.gif
Well if you do mean MB the shrinking is a normal effect of the patch.

LunaWofl

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Casanova8792 said:
@Frozen; my original ROM is 131,072 KB and the patched version is 84,084 KB =[

EDIT: Sorry! I forgot to add the extra zeroes
Those file sizes are correct
unsure.gif

Edit:
QUOTE(Casanova8792 @ Aug 18 2011, 06:26 PM) (I've tried 3 different ones already and all are 'un-clean' since they remain in Japanese)
Am I right in assuming that when you play the 84,084KB file, the game is still in japanese?
Because not everything is translated in the current patch yet.

Casanova8792

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Frozen; Yeah I'm playing the 84,084KB patched version. The menu is in Japanese, everyone's name has only their first letter (ex: Rody = R), all dialogue is in Japanese. Stats are in English, as well as the in-game menu.

What version of the patch is the video (on the website) using? The dialogue and names are complete and in English when I watched it

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. You choose a name, hair style, color, face, and class to begin with, in either gender. You have a few small selections which also influence the growth rates of your character.

Overall the created character is pretty powerful regardless. A few class bring out weaknesses earlier on, and if you're on the hardest difficulty the wrong choice can make a huge jump in difficulty (and drop too). But for a basic normal playthrough, the created unit is pretty great.

LunaWofl

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Casanova8792 said:
@Frozen; Yeah I'm playing the 84,084KB patched version. The menu is in Japanese, everyone's name has only their first letter (ex: Rody = R), all dialogue is in Japanese. Stats are in English, as well as the in-game menu.

What version of the patch is the video (on the website) using? The dialogue and names are complete and in English when I watched it
2.0.1?

QUOTE(dan80315 @ Aug 19 2011, 09:14 AM) Is this the one where you make a character?
Yup

Blazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That video was just showing what's to come. Dialog is largely untranslated, only text menus and menu descriptions/info boxes are. All graphical text and dialog are untranslated as of v2.0.1, the menu patch just makes it so that you can play the game without having to guess/check what does what a ton, and so you can know the names of characters, items, classes, etc.

While I could have made the patch not shrink the file I don't think it matters either way for most people so I just left it be. I suppose the fact that it shrinks could be misleading though, so future patches might use the standard 128MB NDS ROM size (it can't be 64MB since that wouldn't fit everything and 256 MB is too much extra space, of course). The only problem with adding in extra space to make is 128MB is that some people might not like the fact that it will take up so much more space (people who use flash carts might have limits on how many GB of data they have so big ROMs could be a problem with that).

Blazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump, we're currently looking for experienced and fast translators. We have a large workload in general but if we get at least 1 more translator, the work load on the individuals will become much easier, and it'll speed up the translation process GREATLY. If you know someone or are interested in helping, please either post here, PM me here, or if you want the quickest response, e-mail me at [email protected] (as I am a bit busy/slow to respond to forums).

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think asking here would gain you much help. Everyone is busy with school, or working on another translation (Well, the hackers anyways). But yeah,(For the uh, 5th time, each on a different location. =P) I wish you the best of luck
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: