Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 is officially announced, titled Rebirth, Remake Part 1 coming to Steam

More Final Fantasy VII news is here, with Square Enix hosting a 25th-anniversary stream, showing off upcoming projects related to the classic game. One of those reveals was that Final Fantasy Remake Part 2 has officially been announced, and will be released sometime next winter. Part 2 will have the title of Rebirth, and will be the second entry in what's to be a remake trilogy. Development has supposedly progressed rapidly, according to series director Tetsuya Nomura. saying that Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth will offer a "fresh, new experience" for players new and old. FF7 remake's producer, Yoshinori Kitase stated the following, regarding the development of the game.

Three years may feel like a long time for all the fans who are eagerly awaiting the next game, but we want to offer the best experience possible and reassure everyone that development is proceeding at an astonishingly fast pace for such a large-scale HD title. Making the middle part of a trilogy has its own challenges, but there are plenty of classic second installments in the world of film that are defined by stunning story twists and deeper explorations of their characters. Often these second installments become a favorite amongst the fans. In the same vein, we are aiming to make Final Fantasy VII Rebirth an even more gripping and memorable experience than Final Fantasy VII Remake, so please wait a little longer while we finish up.

Additionally, it was revealed that the first part of Final Fantasy VII's remake will be headed to Steam, after being exclusive to the Epic Games Store until now. The Steam release will be out tomorrow, and is confirmed to run on the Steam Deck.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were adamant they wouldn't do this for years, but they've ran the company into the ground.

They've destroyed some of the largest gaming IP, to the point they've sold a lot of them off ridiculously cheap, they obviously have no understanding of even the smallest aspects of the gaming sector.

Out of desperation they have had to resort to he one holy grail they have left, destroying that legacy in the process. DLC/Episodes charged at full game retail...not to mention the other shenanigans.

They need to clear out management, but it's mostly too late.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played the first part of this remake yet, so I will be picking it up on steam. If it helps the game, I don't have problems with them releasing this in a trilogy. It was a big game to begin with, and in order for it to even hold a candle to the original, they have to take their time. It does feel a bit greedy, but at the same time, I'm going to be hopeful that it's going to be for the best.

Reactions: Dark_Phoras

Bobsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I never played the psx original, only the remake on ps4. Cool game, but all that magic of nostalgia is lost to me. Now I hope that I will be able to complete the story on ps4, otherwise I 'd rather stick with FF6, which was great without any remake.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Finally coming to pc after all these years on console. No price listing yet, they're hiding the 70 dollars. lol

They are not hiding anything. It's already on PC at that price tag. They are just putting in on Steam besides Epic.

Probably a little too wishful to hope that part 2 will come to all platforms at once, eh?

Doubtfully. Every chance that Square gets for customers to pay for the same thing again, they'll get it. If they release on console first, some hibrid players will undoubtedly buy on console and then on PC when it comes out. If it was a simultaneous release, that number would be smaller.

And that is not even egregious on Square's record. They release DK XI on PC, remade it on Switch with an updated version of Unreal, added extra stuff and then re-release it on the PC as a standalone game, with no discount for people who bought the original version that was promptly deprecated. They could at least have been smart enough to provide a way to transfer saves, but they didn't even bother.

Last edited by pustal,
Reactions: Xzi

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes they were, LOL. It should've launched on steam $39 at max, that poor over milked game.
The price is high, I give you that, but why the hell would they launch it on Steam at a lower price than Epic? That makes no business sense to go and compete with themselves for less.

• Haha
Reactions: ZeroFX

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were adamant they wouldn't do this for years, but they've ran the company into the ground.

They've destroyed some of the largest gaming IP, to the point they've sold a lot of them off ridiculously cheap, they obviously have no understanding of even the smallest aspects of the gaming sector.

Out of desperation they have had to resort to he one holy grail they have left, destroying that legacy in the process. DLC/Episodes charged at full game retail...not to mention the other shenanigans.

They need to clear out management, but it's mostly too late.
I read the spoilers, and if they're true, then dear god, lol. But ya, some 3rd party Japanese company needs to buy them out, and purge the dip shits in charge. Hopefully the company that owns Fromsoft or Bandai Namco buys them out.

They're so damn lucky they have FF14.

Reactions: yoyoyo69

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.