Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
you should add those just for extra summon

They should do what they want to do: translate the normal retail game.
It would be awesome if the texts inside the debug rooms, and the names for unused items are translated like in Mother 3 so for the people who access them with Cheat Codes, but it seems there's too much of them unfortunately so I doubt it would be worth the effort. I think they are more likely to go with the Nintendo solution when translating debug rooms :lol:

MLBisDebugMenu.PNG

As for the latter, re-enabling cut content / rebalancing the game / dubbing it, that's what mods are for... assuming the tools for extracting/repacking/viewing certain types of files (packages, models, videos, graphics and fonts) like with dissidia are released by the team, which all comes to their decision -that would be awesome by the way-

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While some of the models are finished, it is likely the programming portion cannot be done as I suspect much like GILGAMESH the data simply isn't there.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We will get Versus too ;) (as XV though). So I think they are starting to learn from mistakes, hope they keep this up.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wouldn't say so, cause it's like Birth by Sleep, it's a story, that tells u how they became Keyblade masters (didn't play KH 3D's yet). So basicly, yeah u could say it's KH3 in a way, but on the other hand it's more like a prologue to KH3^^

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KH 3D takes place after 2. It wasn't like BbS. BbS was more a KH0

kingdom hearts 3d is a prologue into kingdom hearts 3 so it is like Bbs, birth by sleep lead into the events of kingdom hearts 1 just as kingdom hearts 3d is leading into the events of kingdom hearts 3

Saisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Look alive peeps. Square got a surprise for ya. A trademark for FF Type 0-2 among others. Yeah.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667173

Unfortunately it could be fake or it might not. Might be a troll attempt before TGS.

This is actually true, they trademarked all of them just to be sure, although if they did do sequels or anything it would probably be alternate timelines or something.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So one of the most famous problem when doing a translation is character limit...
In this project, we had never had this limitation but, with Type-0 there are some loading times where the PSP RAM memory get's full, so even though we can actually put as many characters as we want, there were some loading times where the PSP wouldn't be able to load everything and would either crash, or not show unloaded files (for example, not showing some textures, or not playing some sounds).

However, there is a lot... A LOT, of repeated text in the game (specially menus, and Crimson Codex). Square Enix could have used the indexing scheme of this text format, to load repeated text in memory just once; instead of uploading them to ram repeated.

Today I implemented a re linking algorithm in my translation tools that does exactly that, saving a total of 400Kb in the ISO. It may not sound a lot, but freeing 400Kb of ram does makes a difference when playing the game. And it has absolutely no side effect.

For example, some moths ago we reached the limit of the data that the PSP can upload to RAM, so the loading time when entering the Crimson Codex wouldn't be successful. Now, thanks to the relinking trick, it works again!
In fact, we had translated a part of it, and it wasn't visible until now:

7f46.png

Maybe if Square Enix had implemented coding optimizations like this one, the multiplayer mode would have worked on all PSP's, or the game would have had no lag in PSP1000's...

~Sky

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome. More ram space and stuff. I dunno bout you guys but I think the screenshot is pretty cool. Translated and everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol