Final Fantasy IX for Smartphones Out Now

As reported earlier, Square Enix had plans to re-release a Final Fantasy IX remaster for smartphones and PC sometime this year. And sure enough, the game stealthily made its way on Android and iOS earlier today, with a price tag of $16.99.

The PC version should follow suit soon.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It's 60+ hours long, so that price tag isn't entirely unjustifiable. I'd be happier with 10$ like Xcom especially that it's older, but I'll check it out once it goes on sale.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meanwhile playing my ps1 copy via retroarch on an unjailbroken ipod due to now being able sideload apps, and I only paid 5.50 for it at a pawnshop years ago >_>

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's 60+ hours long, so that price tag isn't entirely unjustifiable. I'd be happier with 10$ like Xcom especially that it's older, but I'll check it out once it goes on sale.
It's certainly not 60 hours long. The game even punishes you for taking longer than 12 hours to reach the final dungeon. It's the only way to get Excalibur II.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would be stoked to be playing this on the go, something little Crystal always wanted. But I am currently playing it on my PSP...so yay to those who don't own a PSP.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be stoked to be playing this on the go, something little Crystal always wanted. But I am currently playing it on my PSP...so yay to those who don't own a PSP.
I played it on my PSP for the first time too. I plan to someday play it on my vita too... unless

WHERE'S MY VITA REMASTER SQUARE

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I played it on my PSP for the first time too. I plan to someday play it on my vita too... unless

WHERE'S MY VITA REMASTER SQUARE
It looks nice on the OLED Vita even as a PS1 game. I've got all the FF games released for the Vita/PS1 on the console and don't really regret buying them on PSN. 5€ a pop or something at the time :)

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It's certainly not 60 hours long. The game even punishes you for taking longer than 12 hours to reach the final dungeon. It's the only way to get Excalibur II.

It's considered impossible outside of TAS to get Excalibur II and a perfect file in the PAL version and very challenging on NTSC. Also, a poll of ~300 players (http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3505) puts the average play time at 56:30. The excalibur challenge is insane and I hope they rectified it in this version, since using touch controls for movement is naturally slower and less precise.

Reactions: dimmidice

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's considered impossible outside of TAS to get Excalibur II and a perfect file in the PAL version and very challenging on NTSC. Also, a poll of ~300 players (http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3505) puts the average play time at 56:30. The excalibur challenge is insane and I hope they rectified it in this version, since using touch controls for movement is naturally slower and less precise.
Is there no hidden dungeon like the underground dark temple you get the dark spells in ff5 (and fight the original dark mage and the new shinru and omega which is no longer vulnerable to lightening (it might at one point, or it could one shot your entire party with counter)) and fight the new set of dragons in ff6?
I really wish ff6 remake would look at least as good as ff5 remake.

Last edited by Yil,

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
There are 85 Achievements including this one

jzTW2BQ.png

Last edited by megabug7, , Reason: grammar

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
it certainly has 60 hours worth of content. and no first time player is gonna do it under 12 hours. you need a really good guide to do that, and even then its really difficult.

Angelikita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I play it with FPse and it plays real good on my cheap phone i see no reason to buy it. besides i own two copies of the game (one first edition and one player's choice)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over