Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping this thread would actually help me figure out why I can't get into 5 and 6. Not become an argument about why 10-2 and 13 are horrible with people using "my friends dont like it" as their "examples". I mean, people should at least use examples from the actual games as to why they are good/bad.
It might just not be your kind of game. I don't think trying to force it no matter how good others claim they are is a good idea.
Yeah when you go into games trying to force yourself to like it, it's just aggravating.

5 and 6 are traditional turn-based RPGs of the old days. 5 in particular has little to no story to speak of (the three-worlds thing is cool, but nothing else stands out) and is mainly liked for the exploration and job system. 6 is heavy on the story and character interactions, but they're both still old RPGs in a genre lots of people just don't go for.

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping this thread would actually help me figure out why I can't get into 5 and 6. Not become an argument about why 10-2 and 13 are horrible with people using "my friends dont like it" as their "examples". I mean, people should at least use examples from the actual games as to why they are good/bad.
It might just not be your kind of game. I don't think trying to force it no matter how good others claim they are is a good idea.
Yeah when you go into games trying to force yourself to like it, it's just aggravating.

5 and 6 are traditional turn-based RPGs of the old days. 5 in particular has little to no story to speak of (the three-worlds thing is cool, but nothing else stands out) and is mainly liked for the exploration and job system. 6 is heavy on the story and character interactions, but they're both still old RPGs in a genre lots of people just don't go for.

I like turn-based rpg's though, and I enjoyed FF1, 2, and 4 when I played them on the GBA. I just don't know why I cant get myself to thoroughly enjoy 5 and 6.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
To get this thread back on track;
Every game takes some time to get into. You'll always have the intro and mandatory unskippable dialogue/cutscenes before you can actually play the game. Particularly RPGs.
In FFV/VI you'll have to play 1~3 hours to get to the fun part of the game. The music really helped me to get through the more uninteresting parts of the game. In FFVI, after 5 hours or so the fun gameplay elements will really reveal themselves. It makes the game a whole lot better.

The first time I played FFVI I played it for 20 min. Yup, I'm being honest.
The second time I played till ~50% and got bored with it.
The third time I played it (this time on a SNES) it was the only game I played for two weeks. Finished it in one run!

The only thing I can say to persuade you is this:
After I finished the game I was awe struck. I could kick myself in the face for not finishing it earlier. How could I be so stupid!?
After the ending you'll look back on all things that happened on your journey through FFVI. The buildup from the beginning to the end.
The final boss is an mind blowing experience! One of the many reasons this game still stands the test of time (Listen to the music!)
Even the ending is half an hour long and wraps everything up nicely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hands nipples pees and camel toes?