Gaming Final Fantasy 5,6,and 7

hksrb25s14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would you feel If Final Fantasy 5, 6, and 7 came out on 3DS, cuz 3 and 4 came out on NDS(1 and 2 also).
I don't know I just wanna see cloud in 3D doing Summons!!!

G

geenlung

Well, to be fair 4, 5, and 6 did come out on the GBA already. It doesn't seem like Nintendo gets most of the serious FF titles nowadays. It's mostly FFCC stuff and retellings of old FFs with bobbleheads @_@. Though, I do admit that I throughly enjoyed Chocobo Tales for the DS.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather them just completely redo a rather old title, say FFII, but update everything. The graphics, the gameplay, all that stuff. Even tweak the plot so its much more than it was way back then.

As for the other titles...

- The original FF is just kinda screwed. The plot was kinda a "WTF" type of thing and it's just too old really for a remake.
- FFIII, I don't see the appeal. It's kinda forgotten.
- FFIV has a lot of remakes and ports, I'll be satisfied with The Complete Collection on the PSP for now.
- Never saw the appeal in FFV.
- FFVI is pretty awesome but I don't see anything wrong with the original. A remake would just get fanboys pissed for no reason.
- Same goes for FFVII. There's no way to approach it without fanboys crying over it.
- No one cares about FFVIII, what the fuck were they thinking...
- FFIX, it's fine the way it is.

hksrb25s14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geenlung said:
Well, to be fair 4, 5, and 6 did come out on the GBA already. It doesn't seem like Nintendo gets most of the serious FF titles nowadays. It's mostly FFCC stuff and retellings of old FFs with bobbleheads @_@. Though, I do admit that I throughly enjoyed Chocobo Tales for the DS.

I agree with you, I have a feeling Nintendo will release Final Fantasy Crystal Crack Version Before they release the others.
moogle.gif

But It would be sweet if they release MMORPG on the hand held like
fantasy earth zero or Final Fantasy 11 (I think it can handle it)

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I'd rather them just completely redo a rather old title, say FFII, but update everything. The graphics, the gameplay, all that stuff. Even tweak the plot so its much more than it was way back then.

As for the other titles...

- The original FF is just kinda screwed. The plot was kinda a "WTF" type of thing and it's just too old really for a remake.
- FFIII, I don't see the appeal. It's kinda forgotten.
- FFIV has a lot of remakes and ports, I'll be satisfied with The Complete Collection on the PSP for now.
- Never saw the appeal in FFV.
- FFVI is pretty awesome but I don't see anything wrong with the original. A remake would just get fanboys pissed for no reason.
- Same goes for FFVII. There's no way to approach it without fanboys crying over it.
- FFIX, it's fine the way it is.
well it will be better that ff7 will have dialogue not text for cutsceens better character designs better cutsceens on the 3ds that would be lovely

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

They already did that... It was released on PSP with a completely remade version of FFI. True it was still 2d, but they were brand new high resolution 2d designed for the PSP with a reworked story and tweaked gameplay.

By your logic why remake anything ever? Squeenix loves itself some remakes so we'll see them one way or the other eventually.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geruetzel said:
Guild McCommunist said:

sorry for OT, but ffVIII was the best part of the whole ff series

The storyline was ridiculous, the characters were incredibly stupid, and the system of tying spells to attributes or whatever was overly complicated.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
geruetzel said:
Guild McCommunist said:

sorry for OT, but ffVIII was the best part of the whole ff series

The storyline was ridiculous, the characters were incredibly stupid, and the system of tying spells to attributes or whatever was overly complicated.

was it complicated? It seemed pretty easy to me. But I agree with you the storyline especially:

Everyone loses their memories due to the GFs
it seemed to be a pretty lazy excuse and the fact that
Irvine doesn't say anything about their childhood
seems ridiculous and even more lazy. It was like they threw it in their last minute

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
8BitWalugi said:
FFVII was shit and over rated. It's the point where the series began to go downhill.

FFX and XII were OK at best.
At least I know there another person in this world that agrees with me on Final Fantasy 7. Here I thought only Mike and I thought that.

But XII was shit, pure and simple.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
8BitWalugi said:
FFVII was shit and over rated. It's the point where the series began to go downhill.

FFX and XII were OK at best.
At least I know there another person in this world that agrees with me on Final Fantasy 7. Here I thought only Mike and I thought that.

But XII was shit, pure and simple.

I don't know, so many people say they absolutely hate FFVII mainly because of how highly its praised and stuff. I just don't like it probably because it's past my time. The characters look ridiculous (I know it's just the way the graphics were and it was rather early in the PSX lifespan but it's really hard to take the story seriously with such goofy looking characters) and nowadays I can just play a turn based RPG like Lost Odyssey or whatever.

And why do so many people hate XII? I have yet to try it but it doesn't look that bad. The battle system may be different but it doesn't seem terrible looking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock