Gaming Final Fantasy 5,6,and 7

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's kind of funny that so many hate FF7 just because they think it's cool to hate something that was overhyped. I never bought into that hype, but it was a good game. The OMFGSEFAROTH fanboys/girls are extremely annoying, though. I'll admit that.

FFXII was a piece of shit.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Guild McCommunist said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
8BitWalugi said:
FFVII was shit and over rated. It's the point where the series began to go downhill.

FFX and XII were OK at best.
At least I know there another person in this world that agrees with me on Final Fantasy 7. Here I thought only Mike and I thought that.

But XII was shit, pure and simple.

I don't know, so many people say they absolutely hate FFVII mainly because of how highly its praised and stuff. I just don't like it probably because it's past my time. The characters look ridiculous (I know it's just the way the graphics were and it was rather early in the PSX lifespan but it's really hard to take the story seriously with such goofy looking characters) and nowadays I can just play a turn based RPG like Lost Odyssey or whatever.

And why do so many people hate XII? I have yet to try it but it doesn't look that bad. The battle system may be different but it doesn't seem terrible looking.
I played FF7 with my friend when it was still new. It still sucked back then and was still heavily overrated.

There is a lot wrong with XII, from the voice acting that sounds like they are about 3 feet away from the mic, the blah story that really isn't that important, the characters aren't really that likable, but for me the biggest problem with the game is this
[youtube]zeE__axckGs[/youtube]
I got through most of the game, before I quit playing it, but that scene has nothing to do with the game, none of the characters, the war, nothing. It's like what they wanted the game to be instead of what we got.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a lot wrong with XII, from the voice acting that sounds like they are about 3 feet away from the mic, the blah story that really isn't that important, the characters aren't really that likable

That sounds like FFX to me.

I should just buy all of the PS2 era games (X, X-2, and XII). Despite some their problems they're at least fun to laugh at. I can get X, X-2, and XII for like $28, free shipping.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Guild McCommunist said:
There is a lot wrong with XII, from the voice acting that sounds like they are about 3 feet away from the mic, the blah story that really isn't that important, the characters aren't really that likable

That sounds like FFX to me.

I should just buy all of the PS2 era games (X, X-2, and XII). Despite some their problems they're at least fun to laugh at. I can get X, X-2, and XII for like $28, free shipping.
Yeah pretty much. They just repeated their games again.

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't they announce FF7 Enhanced for the PS3 or PSP2 recently?
If so, the 3DS has no chance of getting a release

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arogance1 said:
Didn't they announce FF7 Enhanced for the PS3 or PSP2 recently?

Nope. I thought they remade the FFVII intro when they were showcasing the PS3's graphics or something but there's never been any news on a FFVII remake, enhanced port, whatever. They just re-released it on the PSN under PSOne Classics.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it would be epic!!! if FF games came out on the 3DS
tongue.gif

Wingnut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm down for any Final Fantasy games on 3DS. The one I want most, however, is Final Fantasy Tactics. A port of the PSP version with enhanced 3DS graphics would be a dream come true!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Wingnut said:
I'm down for any Final Fantasy games on 3DS. The one I want most, however, is Final Fantasy Tactics. A port of the PSP version with enhanced 3DS graphics would be a dream come true!
Without the slowdowns too please.
Also a new FFT game would be better.

Voltekka512

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna see them redo or port IX being that it was the first one I played to completion and my alltime favorite. Plus it seems like the most childish and whimsical, yet deep enough title in the series, which is perfect for nintendo.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prwlr. said:
Wingnut said:
Personally, I'd like one that's directly related to the PSX version, or at least has a maturity level along those lines. I really like the FFTA series, but their stories are a lot more "kid friendly" than necessary.

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Singularity_UK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
VI is my second favourite game in the series (my first favourite being, controversially, XIII.) And so I'd love to see the tale of Terra remade with pretty visuals, with an orchestral soundtrack, full FMV cutscenes of XIII's quality and in stereoscopic 3D.

The rest can go to hell. V was meh. VII was good but overrated.

I just want Square Enix to remake VI.

flaboy909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
prwlr. said:
Wingnut said:
Personally, I'd like one that's directly related to the PSX version, or at least has a maturity level along those lines. I really like the FFTA series, but their stories are a lot more "kid friendly" than necessary.

I second this notion. (although the Nintendo Tactics are pretty fun).

flaboy909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Singularity_UK said:
VI is my second favourite game in the series (my first favourite being, controversially, XIII.) And so I'd love to see the tale of Terra remade with pretty visuals, with an orchestral soundtrack, full FMV cutscenes of XIII's quality and in stereoscopic 3D.

The rest can go to hell. V was meh. VII was good but overrated.

I just want Square Enix to remake VI.

Wow, I have the same exact views. XIII is my favorite of the series with VI coming in as a close second. We are two of the 15 people in this world that share these views lol
moogle.gif

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd rather like to see FF VIII and / or FF IX on the 3DS but... I think this will never happen.

I belong to the handfull of people who didn't enjoy FF VII. To be honest I didn't even like it much.
The game died on me when I arrived at ShinRa HQ anyway, and I didn't really bother.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...