FileServe is officially dead now as well

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Its a bugger Mediafire is down, it was fantastic for getting some of the more lesser known music that isn't available to buy new.

Mediafire appears to be fine from where I'm sitting. Just uploaded a file and downloaded it to double-check.
My bad, I've just noticed that it was removing a lot of illegal content and killing some accounts and put the wrong word in. :P

Rapidshare faced the same fate too, I just got an OST 2 days ago, and the link where I got it is down.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the message I just got when trying to download on filesonic.com

"All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.

If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager." :tpi:

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just 3 days after the shutdown of MegaUpload, and a mere 24 hours after FileSonic stop their file sharing functionality. Rapidshare, one of the world’s largest file sharing company are allegedly the FBI’s next target. The tactic is supposedly to remove the “Top Dog” and so the “smaller” companies will feel the pressure and shut themselves down in similar fashion to FileSonic.

This action could spell bad news for File sharing fanatics as the last two major file sharing sites Rapidshare and Mediafire are under pressure. Reports are circulating across the net that the File Sharing giant is to close in the upcoming weeks and to follow the same road as Filesonic in becoming a private storage network.
:(

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Just 3 days after the shutdown of MegaUpload, and a mere 24 hours after FileSonic stop their file sharing functionality. Rapidshare, one of the world’s largest file sharing company are allegedly the FBI’s next target. The tactic is supposedly to remove the “Top Dog” and so the “smaller” companies will feel the pressure and shut themselves down in similar fashion to FileSonic.

This action could spell bad news for File sharing fanatics as the last two major file sharing sites Rapidshare and Mediafire are under pressure. Reports are circulating across the net that the File Sharing giant is to close in the upcoming weeks and to follow the same road as Filesonic in becoming a private storage network.
:(

That's just supposition taken from a blog and reproduced on an ISO site though (judging from Google anyway...)

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mediafire's CEO is claiming they have nothing to worry about. Their business model doesn't support piracy. I'm downlading Trails in the Sky for the PSP off their site now. WEAK.

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
What's to stop a FBI (or other agency) agent joining several sites like this to see which sites people use so they can close them down?

Reactions: 1 person

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
As if it wasn't hard enough to find working downloads for some games...

PS2, Xbox, and other large retro games just got harder to find...

I'm glad I got my Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix ISO, I can't find a working one AT ALL now. Lol.

This will most likely only be a temporary measure, after all, remember when "the bay" got rid of all its stuff? They're back now and bigger than ever. In due time things will be better people, until then you can always help by uploading your collections... Lol.

Reactions: 4 people

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country

I'm glad I got my Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix ISO, I can't find a working one AT ALL now. Lol.

This will most likely only be a temporary measure, after all, remember when "the bay" got rid of all its stuff? They're back now and bigger than ever. In due time things will be better people, until then you can always help by uploading your collections... Lol.

Get the latest KH BBS FM - English Translation Patch 1.0.9 before mediafire kills it, since that's the only one I can find.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country

Get the latest KH BBS FM - English Translation Patch 1.0.9 before mediafire kills it, since that's the only one I can find.

It is worth it? I thought the translation wasn't 100%.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took this meme and made some alterations to portray what the creators of shit-ware games look like right now.

internet-meme2.jpg

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
they are all being safe and i must say fileserve was slightly behind filesonic.
actually u can pinpoint who was "supporting" piracy by the very fact that those who are voluntarily closing down are associated to piracy (and they know it)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's almost 100%, at least the main story.

And how different is BBS Final Mix from the US or EU BBS? I know there's some features in those that the original Japanese release didn't have, but looking for differences between an English BBS and BBS FM it doesn't seem that amazing an update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?