• No

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if something could be included about installing wii u games to a fat 32 hard drive, I think I've seen a post somewhere before from Cyan saying it was doable. If not then can someone explain to me how to do this?

D

Deleted User

OP
I was wondering if something could be included about installing wii u games to a fat 32 hard drive, I think I've seen a post somewhere before from Cyan saying it was doable. If not then can someone explain to me how to do this?
You're not installing them, you're just putting them in a modified Mocha FAT32 fork.
These games can be ran on Loadiine only [pretty awful if you ask me], can't install games yet.

For now just install games to either another USB HDD or to NAND. [or format your FAT32 HDD to Wii U format]

D

Deleted User

OP
If you selected 'No' in pool, please tell me what didn't help you or what didn't you understand!
Unless you're a troll which doesn't have a life and didn't even try this guide on a physical Wii U!!!

Reactions: TarkinMX

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
You're not installing them, you're just putting them in a modified Mocha FAT32 fork.
These games can be ran on Loadiine only [pretty awful if you ask me], can't install games yet.

For now just install games to either another USB HDD or to NAND. [or format your FAT32 HDD to Wii U format]

iirc in testing usb fat32 , im fairly certain dimok had installing to usb working ,, but there were issues.. but its been a good while since then i foget exactly..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it was creating 0 byte files, probably due to file permission missing on FAT32. Dimok didn't had time to code a function to return fake values.

But it's working, the solution is to install the game to console first (internal or WiiU HDD)
then you can delete it, the ticket will stay installed. (a solution to install only tickets would be preferable and faster)
now you can copy your loadiine ready game to /usr/ folder on FAT32 HDD and the wiiU will mount that folder as if it was a real WiiU HDD partition.

though, as it's still using nintendo's own FAT32 driver, the speed is as slow as loadiine.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
I'll add Disc2App [Dump Wii U discs to installable format] to Brazilian Method upon request.
[Mostly because i'm now focusing on studying and if somebody needs it, i will just write it for him/her.]

Reactions: TarkinMX

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so the guide says that CBHC has iosuhax like Mocha does. I thought only Mocha had it, or am I reading wrong?

D

Deleted User

OP
OK, so the guide says that CBHC has iosuhax like Mocha does. I thought only Mocha had it, or am I reading wrong?
Every CFW expect SigPatcher has "iosuhax speed boost", in other words, it boosts SDCard speed.
Mocha CFW uses modified IOSU, yes. [Most CFW's use modified IOSU]

D

Deleted User

OP
Added NAND Dumping section in case if somebody screwed up CBHC installation.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Me too, I thought only Mocha had it.
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_WiiU_custom_firmwares

That chart is maybe outdated, but when I created it Fix94 didn't have IOSUHaxnode in it.
maybe he coded the "sd access speed" differently than IOSU Node?

Maybe it's what his updated version of ftpiiu everywhere uses, but I thought it was using WUP servers command instead of nodes.
I'll have to check haxchi/cbhc sources to know for sure if it has IOSU hax Node or not.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every CFW expect SigPatcher has "iosuhax speed boost", in other words, it boosts SDCard speed.
Mocha CFW uses modified IOSU, yes. [Most CFW's use modified IOSU]
Well, that's strange, because when I use the WII U USB Helper Transfer Tool with CBHC, it tells me that there isn't IOSUhax available. Maybe I'm missing something.

D

Deleted User

OP
Well, that's strange, because when I use the WII U USB Helper Transfer Tool with CBHC, it tells me that there isn't IOSUhax available. Maybe I'm missing something.
It has iosuhax nodes apparently, but it still provides SDCard speed boost.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'll update this guide when i will find more time.
I'm working on something else for now. Also, i still don't understand why people don't comment what's wrong in this guide...
Well, anyways i'm still here waiting for your feedback, to what fix or not.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Good guide. I would probably do it a bit differently to make it smaller but to each their own.
Here is something that I think you need to explain though. In the NAND dump section, explain the options. Not everyone know what SLC, MLC, and the others are. Stress on the importance of the OTP also, with explanation.

Hope that helps :)

D

Deleted User

OP
Good guide. I would probably do it a bit differently to make it smaller but to each their own.
Here is something that I think you need to explain though. In the NAND dump section, explain the options. Not everyone know what SLC, MLC, and the others are. Stress on the importance of the OTP also, with explanation.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently researching more information for those so i can explain it way better. Gonna edit when i find time though. Again, thank you :)

Reactions: Madridi

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you detail each for Me? Old buddy ol pal? (for those of you that don't know @Madridi is directly responsible for making the offline AIO stable)

I'd like to include this detail in my guide as well. Mine just kinda says "dump it all and be safe" lol

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Can you detail each for Me? Old buddy ol pal? (for those of you that don't know @Madridi is directly responsible for making the offline AIO stable)

I'd like to include this detail in my guide as well. Mine just kinda says "dump it all and be safe" lol
Haha thanks but I didn't provide anything that wasn't created by others :)

I don't know everything about it either, but here is the little info I know
- SLC is the WiiU NAND
- SLCCMPT is vWii NAND
- MLC is the usually the largest cause it contains your Wii U menu, Games & apps, and system files
- OTP contains your system's unique keys, and theoretically you can unbrick without a NAND backup if you have this key.
- Seeprom I don't know about. I just know that it used (along with OTP) for rednand

D

Deleted User

OP
SEEPROM is created on-demand, it's not present in memory until function is called to create it.
Updated NAND Dumping Section with new detailed information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://twitter.com/TakiUdon_/status/1784139240328310955?cxt=HBwW1sLVmfbLxMIxAAAA&cn=ZmxleGlibGVf...