ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like your save doesn't have the F1 FFs that were in mine. If you count the same number of bytes from the start if your castle name, though, you should be able to get the same results.

In your pic, assuming I counted right, the offsets at 0x4221, 0x42A1, and 0x4321 should be the same as the first bytes within the green boxes in my pic (these bytes are all 0x80 in your pic).

EDIT: Since this forum doesn't like double posting, I'm editing this in even though it should be its own post IMO. I've put out a release that fixes weapon experience. Apply the weapon experience cheat if you're banned and see if it does the trick. https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.5.1

Last edited by Soaprman,

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like your save doesn't have the F1 FFs that were in mine. If you count the same number of bytes from the start if your castle name, though, you should be able to get the same results.

In your pic, assuming I counted right, the offsets at 0x4221, 0x42A1, and 0x4321 should be the same as the first bytes within the green boxes in my pic (these bytes are all 0x80 in your pic).

EDIT: Since this forum doesn't like double posting, I'm editing this in even though it should be its own post IMO. I've put out a release that fixes weapon experience. Apply the weapon experience cheat if you're banned and see if it does the trick. https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.5.1
I'll let you know once I am able.
------------------------
EDIT:
I don't get the internal level… some show 0, 15, 17, and 20.
are these additional levels? If so, should only be 0, 20, and maybe 1+ only after reaching 99, do you understand them?

Last edited by that girl, , Reason: Adding details.

C02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres what found i set everyones stone to E level but set who ever uses the stones to the right level and still banned. Also i had a few characters that i set the seal level to 16 and lv 99 and banned so idk if its the seals or what

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The stats box isn't showing all the stat values now…
-----------------
EDIT:
And the values they are showing don't match the values in the save file.
I set all mine for 63 (99) and FEFTwiddler are showing various other numbers.
I opened a decompressed version of the same file in HxD, and it showed the values at 63 still.
Will I need to edit the stat values back to 63 everytime I save?

Last edited by that girl, , Reason: Adding details.

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@that girl: The internal level is the level the unit promoted at. The code checks to see if it's less than 10 to determine whether a unit is a "prepromote" (like Felicia, Jakob, or Azura). As for the stats box, I haven't observed that. It should be showing eight values for each character (it was 16 before, but it's currently in a state of transition while a proper stat display is being worked on.) Also, note the "Edits are not saved" above the box. Mind sharing your save and telling me which character it's happening with if you're still having problems?

@C02: Thanks for checking. Until I have a testing partner, there's not much else I can tell you, unfortunately. Maybe grab your original save (you did make a backup, right?) and start with small edits until you find something that gets you banned.

C02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@that girl: The internal level is the level the unit promoted at. The code checks to see if it's less than 10 to determine whether a unit is a "prepromote" (like Felicia, Jakob, or Azura). As for the stats box, I haven't observed that. It should be showing eight values for each character (it was 16 before, but it's currently in a state of transition while a proper stat display is being worked on.) Also, note the "Edits are not saved" above the box. Mind sharing your save and telling me which character it's happening with if you're still having problems?

@C02: Thanks for checking. Until I have a testing partner, there's not much else I can tell you, unfortunately. Maybe grab your original save (you did make a backup, right?) and start with small edits until you find something that gets you banned.
I may have found the problem i set my self to lv 99 with 99 exp not 98 so ill test that out and see if it works

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remember when I said I tested the values, and found 63 to be valid, and not need to use dragon herbs or sereph robes? Using the version available prior to the post, the stats showed up as 63 after decompressing, editing with HxD, recompressing, and then opening with your program, so pretty much all the characters are now showing completely different values in your program than what it had previously shown.Only the newest characters I obtained I'm not certain of, as I never edited their stat gains with HxD.

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you add a button to set all the level up stat bytes to 0x63?
--------
EDIT:
That's really the only thing I currently am going in to HxD to edit on a regular basis when I get new characters now.
Your program does most of the other useful stuff, and the Convoy editor does the only *other* thing yours currently doesn't that I desire to edit every so often.

The remainder of things I want to edit are Mass edits that only need to be done once, and am in no particular desire as to feel the need to request they be added in the next update, when much easier hacks can be added more quickly.

Last edited by that girl, , Reason: Expanding on subject of original version.
Reactions: C02

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Soaprman can you make it possible to add/remove skills off your unit there are some skills I don't want on certain units is it possible I can removed them in your next version of FEFTwiddler comes out?

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you add a button to set all the level up stat bytes to 0x63?

Sure, I'll slip that into the next release.

@Soaprman can you make it possible to add/remove skills off your unit there are some skills I don't want on certain units is it possible I can removed them in your next version of FEFTwiddler comes out?

Do you mean unlearning skills? I can add that.

Just a heads-up: the next release might not be for a while. I'm going to try to add some ambitious stuff that nobody asked for but many will likely appreciate. (Also paving the way for the addition of things people *have* asked for, like reviving characters.)

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A note on the removal of skills, I like to have Inspiring song only on Azura, because she's the only one that can use it, so I tend to not include it on anyone else.

Mic1604

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great editor! If I could add anything, I would like divorce options. In other words, changing who is married with who.
Also, I can report the latest release as of now working under a multiboot of Ubuntu 15 Wily with Windows 10 using Winetricks.
Cheers!

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to upload an alpha release because I added something neat. It's a hex editor.

https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.6.0alpha1

It basically lets you make whatever edits you want, and it also acts as a less headache-inducing hex view of your characters.

This is an alpha release and may be buggy, so use it at your own risk!

Attachments

• hex editor.jpg
    hex editor.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 515

Deallocate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to upload an alpha release because I added something neat. It's a hex editor.

https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.6.0alpha1

It basically lets you make whatever edits you want, and it also acts as a less headache-inducing hex view of your characters.

This is an alpha release and may be buggy, so use it at your own risk!

That is actually... very good to see. I had no reason to use your program previously, as I found hex editing the files directly to be a more convenient way to do more than your editor allowed for. But now that you've included a hex editor as a feature, I can easily modify the data without needing to decrypt and encrypt the files each time! Not to mention I can use your buttons to save time. I thank you for your time and effort on this project.

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hex editor crashes if you edit the last byte in a block. Probably some sloppy code on my part. I'll fix it tomorrow, probably; in the meantime, just don't edit the last byte of a block I guess!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!