The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Hello, everyone !

I have a old 3DS with RXTOOL on my Emunand 9.0 working fine, but I cant play new games like Fire Emblem Fates/SMT4 Apocalypse, etc.

Then I want to ask what Emunand I need to upgrade my o3ds without risking to lose my CFW ?

It's advised moving away from rxTools to at least Luma3DS with A9LH, or just Menuhax set up

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
That doesn't mean he must do it. Everyone has an opinion.

@supreme123, you can update to the latest firmware but make sure to do it while running your emuNAND.

Whilst that is true, rxTools is dead and ancient, at least be on a CFW which is actively updated and things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello, everyone !

I have a old 3DS with RXTOOL on my Emunand 9.0 working fine, but I cant play new games like Fire Emblem Fates/SMT4 Apocalypse, etc.

Then I want to ask what Emunand I need to upgrade my o3ds without risking to lose my CFW ?
You should ne able to safely update your emuNAND to the latest 11.1 without hassle, even on RXTools.
But I do heavily advice you consider switching to another CFW
That doesn't mean he must do it. Everyone has an opinion.

@supreme123, you can update to the latest firmware but make sure to do it while running your emuNAND.
Though he doesn't have to. The point of this thread is talk about CFW's and attempt to help steer away from inactive projects and point them in the direct of the best active CFW for them.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Though he doesn't have to. The point of this thread is talk about CFW's and attempt to help steer away from inactive projects and point them in the direct of the best active CFW for them.

I work on the assumption that he already knows this. After all, if he posted on this thread it means he also read the OP and as such is fully aware of the dangers when using old/inactive CFWs.
As I've said many times now, old =/= bad.

It just so happens that rxTools happens to be bad as well

Bubbysaur

u cnt hindle mai sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been here in a long while and I just read that Reinand (which I am currently running is discontinued. My SYS nand is on 9.2.0-20u and my EMU nand is on 11.0. What are my options? I don't want to lose any data but it push comes to shove I will do so.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
What are my options?
1. Read the OP.
2. Understand the OP.
3. Be one with the OP.

Here's an extra step, but it's only useful if you're paranoid
4. Read the OP again

Although this post might come off as idiotic, it is with good reason. Your question is LITERALLY the whole point of this thread. There's no point in answering what's in the OP.

tl;dr read about Luma, corbenik and Cakes, then make your decision.
It's not really needed to change your CFW - again, read the OP. The fact that a CFW is "inactive" doesn't mean it won't work, but you have to be careful, just like how the OP specifies.

Bubbysaur

u cnt hindle mai sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Read the OP.
2. Understand the OP.
3. Be one with the OP.

Here's an extra step, but it's only useful if you're paranoid
4. Read the OP again

Although this post might come off as idiotic, it is with good reason. Your question is LITERALLY the whole point of this thread. There's no point in answering what's in the OP.

tl;dr read about Luma, corbenik and Cakes, then make your decision.
It's not really needed to change your CFW - again, read the OP. The fact that a CFW is "inactive" doesn't mean it won't work, but you have to be careful, just like how the OP specifies.

My bad, fam. I thought my situation might be a little different coming from a discontinued firmware. I'll look into getting Luma set up. Thanks :3

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My bad, fam. I thought my situation might be a little different coming from a discontinued firmware. I'll look into getting Luma set up. Thanks :3
With all great problems, refer to my OP. I have a section (even hyperlinked) addressing any and most concerns.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gonna PM this, this is too long
Sorry for the delay, medical stuff was holding me up.
Thread updated with more grammatical corrections and updated information, thanks to gnmmarechal!

Reactions: gnmmarechal

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hacked 3ds with luma and armloader, and an unhacked 3ds on 9.8.0-25U.

I've been TRYING To get browserhax to work but it keeps freezing at the AM:U scene.

Is there a way to use the hacked 3ds to transfer the working CFW or anything?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: gnmmarechal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: they don't really taste like cotton candy but i guess they don't need to