Hacking FAQ: What CFW is best for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you trying to use sysDowngrader directly from browserhax? you should install menuhax then do it from there.

https://plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)

Oh, thanks for the advice there. I'll try that now.

EDIT-- Nope, still constantly getting the

"Did not get AM:U handle!"
"Attempting SVChax..."

And then it just freezes.

Done this about 30 times so far, no luck or change.

EDIT 2: FINALLY got it to work after reinstalling menuhax and loading it on boot.

Last edited by testing123,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Crystal the Glaceon you may want to note that Cakes (without updating the FIRM it uses on SD, presumably, it's been ages since I used Cakes) and RxTools cannot play Pokémon Sun or Moon; if you try to play it from a physical copy, it'll just say that the game card was removed. Not sure about digital copies, but regardless, that's one more reason for people to move to an active CFW.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Crystal the Glaceon you may want to note that Cakes (without updating the FIRM it uses on SD, presumably, it's been ages since I used Cakes) and RxTools cannot play Pokémon Sun or Moon; if you try to play it from a physical copy, it'll just say that the game card was removed. Not sure about digital copies, but regardless, that's one more reason for people to move to an active CFW.
It should work on 11.0, but I will test this now. If it doesn't, I may move CakesFW to inactive, as there has not been a nightly nor stable release. I know the dev has personal matters going on, but unfortunately CakesFW is starting to lag behind. And with Corbenik being basically an active replacement for CakesFW, I see no reason for CakesFW users to not switch to Corbenik.

Reactions: daxtsu

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I hate to double post, but Mood/Sun physical copy does work on CakesFW with 11.0 NATIVE_FIRM. I am still considering moving it to "inactive." I know the dev has a personal life, with personal matters, but I am also kind of hoping by moving it to "inactive" someone will take interest and pick up the project again.

Reactions: daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I hate to double post, but Mood/Sun physical copy does work on CakesFW with 11.0 NATIVE_FIRM. I am still considering moving it to "inactive." I know the dev has a personal life, with personal matters, but I am also kind of hoping by moving it to "inactive" someone will take interest and pick up the project again.

I figured it would work if you manually updated the FIRM it uses. Didn't it primarily use the one from 10.4 before?

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I figured it would work if you manually updated the FIRM it uses. Didn't it primarily use the one from 10.4 before?
It did, but the 11.0 NATIVE_FIRM works on the Nightly (not sure about Stable)

The Evil Queen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks for this post. I'm a newbie. I'm currently on o3DS 10.5 and was reading the guide to downgrade to get CFW. Just wanted to know would it be better to get the physical copy of Moon or to get the rom. I'd like to be able to use pkhex for S&M...but just want to collect advice before starting...

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks for this post. I'm a newbie. I'm currently on o3DS 10.5 and was reading the guide to downgrade to get CFW. Just wanted to know would it be better to get the physical copy of Moon or to get the rom. I'd like to be able to use pkhex for S&M...but just want to collect advice before starting...
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
This guide will set you up with a hack. From here install either Luma3ds (which is installed with hack) or Corbenik (info on this thread).
Other cfw won't work with sun/moon carts so make sure you install one of the one I mentioned. To use pkhex just download JKSM and dump and inject the saves then edit with pkhex

Reactions: The Evil Queen

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just got my brand new 2DS Crimson Red 1 System in the mail today, and checked the System Settings. It's Ver. 6.0.0-12U. I want to install both A9LH and Luma CFW safely and carefully. What do I need to do in Plailect's guide?

Last edited by CGNetwork,

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello, I just got my brand new 2DS Crimson Red 1 System in the mail today, and checked the System Settings. It's Ver. 6.0.0-12U. I want to install both A9LH and Luma CFW safely and carefully. What do I need to do in Plailect's guide?
Follow the guide.
My thread can not even touch on the amount of information on that guide

Reactions: gnmmarechal

dc0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on Gateway 3DS 3.71 and emunand 9. Is it worthwhile updating to Luma CFW and how would I go about it? Are there any risks involved or am I better off staying as I am and just update emunand? Would DSiware games work on Luma, ie Fieldrunners, as it doesn't on Gateway?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I am on Gateway 3DS 3.71 and emunand 9. Is it worthwhile updating to Luma CFW and how would I go about it? Are there any risks involved or am I better off staying as I am and just update emunand? Would DSiware games work on Luma, ie Fieldrunners, as it doesn't on Gateway?
If you have an EmuNAND, you need to install TWL/AGB (DSiWare and GBA VC) titles to both SysNAND and EmuNAND, afaik, but Luma3DS will indeed work with it. Though I'd recommend you to follow Plailect's guide and get A9LH. If you want, you can keep using GW as a secondary payload, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs