Fallout TV series seemingly renewed for second season; season one will now release tomorrow

Ahead of the premiere of its first season, it seems Amazon's Fallout show has already been renewed for a season two. While not officially announced by Amazon, Variety reported yesterday that the California Film Commission has announced it awarded $152 million in tax incentives to a dozen TV shows, $25 million of which is going towards the second season of Fallout. While the first season was filmed in New York and Utah, this indicates filming will move to California for the next season.

Speaking of the upcoming premiere of Fallout, its release date has just been bumped up again. It was originally announced for April 12 before being moved up to April 11, and now, two days before its expected release, it's been giving a last-minute advancement to April 10. This means Fallout's entire first season will be available to stream tomorrow.

If you'd like to see some behind-the-scenes footage from the Fallout show ahead of its surprise release tomorrow, Amazon released a short featurette last week.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reviews are out. Looking forward to it!
Post automatically merged:

it's not until 2am tomorrow UK time :rolleyes:
Worth it for Kyle MacLachlan

Oh man oh man, this just made me think of a RDR tv show, that would be fantastic. Both games are excellent, and the adaptation wouldn't be as difficult to portray/translate as say, like here with FO.. Maybe some day, eh?

Last edited by CoolMe,
Reactions: hippy dave

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it's airing today, I thought it would have been uploaded on the internet by now. Sucks. I guess we have to wait like everyone else until Amazon releases it.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got done watching episode 1, I like what I'm seeing so far.

No spoilers, but I think that one thing that's working well for it, and is likely due to the setting of the Fallout universe as a whole, is that the show doesn't seem to be taking itself overly seriously. It's a little over the top, it's a little comedic, it's got tons of the satire that you see all throughout the Fallout universe.

The entire season dropped at once, so while I only watched episode 1 tonight, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it tomorrow.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Just got done watching episode 1, I like what I'm seeing so far.

No spoilers, but I think that one thing that's working well for it, and is likely due to the setting of the Fallout universe as a whole, is that the show doesn't seem to be taking itself overly seriously. It's a little over the top, it's a little comedic, it's got tons of the satire that you see all throughout the Fallout universe.

The entire season dropped at once, so while I only watched episode 1 tonight, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it tomorrow.

I too just watched the first episode. really good so far imo.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watched the pilot episode...

Is the actress who plays Lucy that bad of an actress or is it the character? She was painfully dull to watch.

Maximus female friend is referred to a "their" probably should have seen that coming.

Is there any part of the episode I enjoyed? Yes, the scenes with Walton Goggins, but they were few and far between so I'm not going to watch the rest for him (he's definitely the best part of the show).

Alagara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maximus female friend is referred to a "their" probably should have seen that coming.

Casual transphobia in a gamer forum? Probably should have seen that coming.

---

Binge watched all but the last episode and as someone who enjoys the games, the show is good TV. Being treated to the Junk Jet in the first episode definitely has me excited to see some of the other whacky in-game weapons. There's a healthy amount of comedy that doesn't encroach on the serious moments, and they definitely respect the gore you get from gibbing bodies. Looking forward to season 2!

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Casual transphobia in a gamer forum? Probably should have seen that coming.

---

Binge watched all but the last episode and as someone who enjoys the games, the show is good TV. Being treated to the Junk Jet in the first episode definitely has me excited to see some of the other whacky in-game weapons. There's a healthy amount of comedy that doesn't encroach on the serious moments, and they definitely respect the gore you get from gibbing bodies. Looking forward to season 2!
What? I was talking about the pronoun and you went with transphobia? That doesn't make any sense.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watched the first episode last night, and it was good fun. Never played Fallout and not concerned about connection to or tie-ins with the game(s). It's a TV show, done well, that doesn't take itself too seriously. That's all. A few weeks ago it was 3 Body Problem, now it's this, and in a few more weeks hopefully there'll be something else to binge and forget.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What "subliminal advertising"? There's nothing in the article about that, what was discussed there is an intended consequence from watching the show.. Well because people enjoyed it, they wouldn't check the source material/ games if they didn't.
nope they've been brainwashed

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope they've been brainwashed
The bias is over 9000 with this one :mellow:

hey dave? was it any good?
Should i watch it?
I was half way through ep5, it's been very enjoyable so far! (in my unbiased opinion).
I think my only wish is that they should've added more episodes..

jimkage

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So far I liked the scenes pre Fallout better than the Fallout storyline (stopped at episode 4) at this point the only scene I liked was when Lucy said "she steals dads."
Somehow it's largely uninteresting, also the 2 first episodes being an hour long made it excruciating I enjoyed 3 and 4 way more because they had a shorter runtime.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Visual is very good. I would say 8/10. Story ( wait, what story? do you actually expect it? ) 4/10. Acting 6.5/10
Westworld vibe 7/10. no bad woke 7/10

Verdict : Watchable

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying