Hacking Fail0verflow updated with alot of new info

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Yes, 90% of the forum acknowledges and agrees with me ... oh, wait ...

...Anyway
I think working on a Wii mini exploit would be a "no". I don't know if a WODE can even be put on the thing.

working on the vWii exploit ... hopefully. No one can say a definite "no" to it but no one's announced anything yet so I can't say "yes" either.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, 90% of the forum acknowledges and agrees with me ... oh, wait ...

...Anyway
I think working on a Wii mini exploit would be a "no". I don't know if a WODE can even be put on the thing.

working on the vWii exploit ... hopefully. No one can say a definite "no" to it but no one's announced anything yet so I can't say "yes" either.
Lmfao, sorry, did not mean Wii mini work. Who cares? I meant what Marcan released.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Such as? Fits in suitcase easier?
well .. umm ... it's actually only BARELY smaller than a normal Wii. It's a lot lighter, though, and has a much smaller mother board so if you were looking to mod the case I'm sure there'd be more options.

(can think of many other benefits, though. ... collectors item?)

Reactions: Ray Lewis

shawnchalfant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, someone who is in a half way house. They can have video game systems, but it may not contain Ethernet or WiFi. Until the Wii mini came out only Gamecube and PSOne was allowed. This has open up a new world to those in that situation. Like I said you may not fully grasp that.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well .. umm ... it's actually only BARELY smaller than a normal Wii. It's a lot lighter, though, and has a much smaller mother board so if you were looking to mod the case I'm sure there'd be more options.

(can think of many other benefits, though. ... collectors item?)
Shawn, educate us, other than no SD card slot, backward compatibility, slightly smaller size, vWii software is the same basically as Wii stopped at, so cannot think of anything useful. Not for homebrew/hack for Wii U purposes.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, someone who is in a half way house. They can have video game systems, but it may not contain Ethernet or WiFi. Until the Wii mini came out only Gamecube and PSOne was allowed. This has open up a new world to those in that situation. Like I said you may not fully grasp that.
Wii mini has no WiFi or Ethernet? Why would those things not be allowed d in halfway house? Even people in jail have cells now, lmfao. Not mocking anyone but did WiFi really go with Wii mini like SD card did?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Wii mini has no WiFi or Ethernet? Why would those things not be allowed d in halfway house? Even people in jail have cells now, lmfao. Not mocking anyone but did WiFi really go with Wii mini like SD card did?
Yeah, there's actually a place marked for the WiFi adapter on the motherboard but it's just not there.

EDIT : and the system menu settings have no Internet settings of any kind so even the Wii USB network adapter won't do any good if it's plugged in.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell
of a grasp there. Know a person before you judge Shawn. Psychology degree, was a behavioral health case manager, managed caseload of developmentally disabled children/adults, public assistance interviewer. Maybe a very restrictive setting but group homes and housing situations, even for substance abuse, did not have that restriction.

No wifi , no SD card, good luck updating rosters on sports games, lmfao. I doubt Nintendo made the mini for jails. Or highly restrictive placements. Did not even know, other than no SD card. Even more stupid now then before in this thread when I mocked it. What a joke.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thinks mini is stupid, and/or working on in exploit? I apologized to Marcan on twitter. Saw his pic on another site while searching for anyone broadcasting work on exploit.

Yeah, I need to apologize as well, seeing as I flipped out when I should have handled it like, you know, a mature adult.

But, may be difficult to get a hold of him on his Twitter account because of-- I'll stop there :ph34r:

Yeah, there's actually a place marked for the WiFi adapter on the motherboard but it's just not there.

EDIT : and the system menu settings have no Internet settings of any kind so even the Wii USB network adapter won't do any good if it's plugged in.
Wow, I've heard of feature removal, but....ouch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM