Mahglazzies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everybody,

To start I apologize profusely if this problem already has a solution somewhere on this particular forum, but I couldn't find the direct answer I was looking for so I thought it may be easier to simply describe my problem and perhaps then somebody could help me troubleshoot.

First of all, some background information:
  • I own two DS Lites.
  • I own and operate an Acekard2i.
  • I have a 3-in-1 EZ-flash as a slot-2 solution.
  • I am running under AKAIO.
  • I have SRAM patched the rom I'm having trouble with.
With that in mind, allow me to explain. Right now I'm playing Pokemon HeartGold (I OWN THE ORIGINAL COPY). Recently I've acquired an Acekard2i and a 3-in-1 EZ-Flash solution. On my acekard2i in my GBA Folder, I have pokemon FireRed, which is compatible with HeartGold to trade via palpark. I decided that I wanted to download a valid .sav file on the internet with a complete pokedex (owning all of the pokemon) for my backup of Pokemon FireRed, so I could then trade them to my HeartGold via palpark. I want to do this so I can own some of the poke'mon you just can't find on HeartGold. Since I own two DS systems, I wanted to put my authentic copy of HeartGold in to one DS lite, and my acekard2i (with FireRed) and my 3-in1 EZ flash in to the other. This way I believe I could make the trade.

Here is my problem:
When I copy the .sav file on to my acekard2i and boot up Pokemon FireRed, it doesn't read the save file I've planted for it. Instead, it gives me a spiel about my battery running dry, that I can still play the game but certain time-based events will no longer be present. After this spiel, it gives me two options: NEW GAME and OPTIONS. Now then, I've patched the game with the latest version of gbata and I have the .sav file named exactly the same as the .gba file, but no matter what I do, it just won't read the dang file. I can save the game and any other gba game, but I can't download and copy it on to my acekard2i and have it read the .sav file for some reason.

Bottom-of-the-line, I'd like to know WHY I can't download and copy a FireRed .sav file on to my acekard2i and have the game recognize it, and if anybody knows how to fix this problem.

Can somebody give me any ideas? If you need any further information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Try reading the sticky, look under BUGs, fixes, and weird behaviors. It explains to you about gba saves on a AK.

To do palpark with HG/SS, YOU NEED A REAL GBA POKEMON GAME, there are no EXCEPTIONS. There is NO pokepatch for a legit copy of HG/SS. The patch to make palpark work HAS TO be applied to the NDS rom NOT the GBA rom. You can check the cheat codes if there was a palpark patch for HG/SS, your still required to have a Action Replay device to use the cheat code version of palpark on a legit copy of HG/SS. See picture below.

There is only one sticky about the 3in1 in this section.

IMG_150297b.jpg

Mahglazzies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how_do_i_do_that said:
Try reading the sticky, look under BUGs, fixes, and weird behaviors. It explains to you about gba saves on a AK.

To do palpark with HG/SS, YOU NEED A REAL GBA POKEMON GAME, there are no EXCEPTIONS. There is NO pokepatch for a legit copy of HG/SS. The patch to make palpark work HAS TO be applied to the NDS rom NOT the GBA rom. You can check the cheat codes if there was a palpark patch for HG/SS, your still required to have a Action Replay device to use the cheat code version of palpark on a legit copy of HG/SS. See picture below.

There is only one sticky about the 3in1 in this section.

IMG_150297b.jpg

Okay, sorry about that. I tried looking but I guess I missed it.

However, I suppose there are ways around this. I happen to have two DS Lite's and two Acekard 2i's, so I'm willing to bet if I patch Pokemon Platinum or HeartGold or something I could trade the poke'mon from the palpark to the Acekard2i HG/SS/P and then trade from that copy to my legit copy of HG.

I'll look in to how save files behave for Acekard2i in conjunction with 3-in-1 EZFlash and try things that way. Thanks for your input, it's really appreciated.

D

Deleted-236924

Mahglazzies said:
Instead, it gives me a spiel about my battery running dry, that I can still play the game but certain time-based events will no longer be present.

Then that means you're not playing a FireRed rom.
FR/LG will NEVER say the battery has run dry.

Mahglazzies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pingouin7 said:
Mahglazzies said:
Instead, it gives me a spiel about my battery running dry, that I can still play the game but certain time-based events will no longer be present.

Then that means you're not playing a FireRed rom.
FR/LG will NEVER say the battery has run dry.

Okay, but that doesn't exactly solve the .sav file problem. I tried looking for a thread that will help me with my specific problem but I couldn't.

Is there seriously a problem with copying a .sav file off of the internet on to my acekard2i, booting up the GBA rom and having it detect the .sav file? Is there a specific way to make my acekard2i recognize the .sav file so that when I boot up a game it reads it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok