ROM Hack Extracting models and textures from 3DS games

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome, thanks! I tried that out and now I can load Spirit Tracks models, animations, and textures! :D

It's kinda buggy, though, and the model viewer's controls are awful. (Plus there's no option to re-center the view...)
Still cool!

I wish I could find Spirit Zelda's name. Spirit Tracks' NPCS are named with four letters...ugh.

Escape: Reset the position
T: Top View
Z: Left
X: Right
A: Up
S: Down
<-: Rotate Left
->: Rotate Right
^: Rotate Up
\/: Rotate Down

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I started adding bclyt support to every file explorer:
CLYT.PNG

MrKoeikoei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, if you don't play mkwii, you probarly don't know me, but I'm MrKoeikoei. I've been following the progress on this amazing tool, so I decided to create an account.

I can't wait to get my hands on this tool! I'd like to create custom tracks for MKWii using MK7's models.

Good luck on your project :-)

Reactions: Huntereb

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait to get my hands on this tool! I'd like to create custom tracks for MKWii using MK7's models.

Ew... Now that's what I call counter productive.

First thing I'm gonna do is attempt to port a Wii map, or a DS map. Gericom, is the conversion process between the Wii and previous generations a terrible setup for the 3DS? As in, are there a lot of things that need to be changed, or is it a fairly straight-forward procedure? Would be cool if the logic behind the new file setup is similar to the Wii's, besides the new file format, of course.

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

First thing I'm gonna do is attempt to port a Wii map, or a DS map. Gericom, is the conversion process between the Wii and previous generations a terrible setup for the 3DS? As in, are there a lot of things that need to be changed, or is it a fairly straight-forward procedure? Would be cool if the logic behind the new file setup is similar to the Wii's, besides the new file format, of course.
The setup of a course in mkdd, mkds, mkwii and mk7 is all almost the same. Just a couple of format changes. Conversion should be rather straight forward.

Reactions: Hiccup and Huntereb

MrKoeikoei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

After getting a 3D model, it isn't a lot of work anymore. I also ported a track from N64:

Reactions: DSoryu

MrKoeikoei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I know it's not hard. It's just... What motive do you have to work with Mario Kart Wii anymore? Mario Kart 7's got online play, meaning we can 1-on-1 friends with custom tracks.

MKWii has online play as well, some days ago I played custom track with my friend, just 1-on-1. MKWii does not bore me yet, and I like it better than MK7.

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I know it's not hard. It's just... What motive do you have to work with Mario Kart Wii anymore? Mario Kart 7's got online play, meaning we can 1-on-1 friends with custom tracks.
Maybe because the wii is a console instead of a handheld, and because some people (including me) do not have a 3ds, but do have a wii.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Maybe because the wii is a console instead of a handheld, and because some people (including me) do not have a 3ds, but do have a wii.

You should get a 4.x 3DS brah. :rolleyes:

That's one of the reasons indeed. I prefer a console. I also like the bikes in MKWii, which are removed in MK7.

Yeah, Mario Kart 7 isn't the greatest thing ever, unfortunately. I agree with ya, it's missing a lot, and it feels really rushed (Because it was).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +1