Range-TE

OP
Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, I have my backup of Fatal Frame as a .wud file and I know i can extract this with Uwizard or DiscU, but the thing is, those programs are for Windows and i have tried everything from Wineskin to Winebottler and i could not get them to run for the life of me.

Can anyone help in this regard? Or tell me what i'm doing wrong with wineskin cause i'm using the latest engine, and it didn't work.

subliminalsmurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just remote into my Windows server for that stuff. It's worth installing virtual box and setting up a simple w7 machine to be honest. Worth the work for stuff like this, plus, you don't have to Dot_clean your folders after unzipping stuff. I got sick of that very early on.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Get a windows virtual machine.

Windows costs money and not all of us have a Mac powerful enough to run it (specs!)

I'm looking at getting DiscU running now. Since I have some updates that need installing before I can run winetricks, you may be able to test all this before me:
  • UWizard has some funky GDI error related to images on my machine. It's probably since I've got a stupidly old version of Wine - 1.6 last time I checked. Probably needs recompiling or I could update Wine ;D
  • Seriously though, update Wine. If you're using that fancy GUI version hit the icon then About Wine, otherwise run wine --version at a terminal. The latest stable version is 1.8.1 while the development version is 1.9.5.
  • If the GUI version hasn't updated past 1.7 then you'll need to get comfy with the Terminal - I use Homebrew for all my OSX commandline stuff and it works a treat. After installing it just run brew install wine (for Wine 1.8) or brew install wine --devel (for 1.9). Then just run wine program.exe in the right directory. I can walk you through this a bit more if you need it. (Oh, and it's brew upgrade wine if you've already installed Wine through Homebrew.)
  • As for DiscU, when I tried to run it I was told that it couldn't find "MSVCR120.dll". This is Microsoft's Visual C++ runtime (the 2013 version). You'll need to run winetricks to install it (wine can't handle it on its own). The GUI version has winetricks built-in or you can use the commandline version from that link. Install "vcrun2013" (I think that's it) and it should work.
I'll post again tomorrow with what I managed to get after my Mac finished updating everything (wine 1.9, here we come!) but seriously, try those steps. Again, I can walk you through some of the commandline stuff if you need it. Happy drinking!

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use wine or mono. You can install them with homebrew or macports. If you want something easier but a little bloated, use wineskin. No need to set up a VM for this.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Windows costs money and not all of us have a Mac powerful enough to run it (specs!)

I'm looking at getting DiscU running now. Since I have some updates that need installing before I can run winetricks, you may be able to test all this before me:
  • UWizard has some funky GDI error related to images on my machine. It's probably since I've got a stupidly old version of Wine - 1.6 last time I checked. Probably needs recompiling or I could update Wine ;D
  • Seriously though, update Wine. If you're using that fancy GUI version hit the icon then About Wine, otherwise run wine --version at a terminal. The latest stable version is 1.8.1 while the development version is 1.9.5.
  • If the GUI version hasn't updated past 1.7 then you'll need to get comfy with the Terminal - I use Homebrew for all my OSX commandline stuff and it works a treat. After installing it just run brew install wine (for Wine 1.8) or brew install wine --devel (for 1.9). Then just run wine program.exe in the right directory. I can walk you through this a bit more if you need it. (Oh, and it's brew upgrade wine if you've already installed Wine through Homebrew.)
  • As for DiscU, when I tried to run it I was told that it couldn't find "MSVCR120.dll". This is Microsoft's Visual C++ runtime (the 2013 version). You'll need to run winetricks to install it (wine can't handle it on its own). The GUI version has winetricks built-in or you can use the commandline version from that link. Install "vcrun2013" (I think that's it) and it should work.
I'll post again tomorrow with what I managed to get after my Mac finished updating everything (wine 1.9, here we come!) but seriously, try those steps. Again, I can walk you through some of the commandline stuff if you need it. Happy drinking!

Windows doesn't necessarily cost money (personally I can get student free versions and many many people can too. Check your friend circles!) (and there is that one other way) and Parallels can run on practically all mac's even the older mac book air's afaik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay