Hacking Is it possible to modify/replace sound files in Splatoon?

angelic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place but I was hoping I could get some help. I'm not experienced in modding at all, but I was wanting to change some sound files in Splatoon; specifically, I wanted to replace the Inkling Girl's voice clips with the Rival Octoling voice clips.
I wasn't really sure how to work with the .bars and .bfwav file types, but I was able to extract the PlayerCtrl.bars file (it includes the voice clips I want to edit) from the Sound.pack file in the Pack folder of the game, and then I got the .bfwav files from that using WiiUZip. I have them in a folder where I replaced the voice files and now I'm trying to see if I can use Uwizard to pack them back into a .bars file, and then save that with all the other .bars files to create a new Sound.pack that the game will use. But is this even possible? I read that, with Uwizard, you can use the Archive Manager to pack the sound files into .SARC, and then rename that file so it will become .bars. I tried this, but I'm not sure if it works because I believe the .bars file still needs to be part of Sound.pack and I don't know if there's any way I can even make a .pack file myself. Also, the .bars file I got from Uwizard was a much larger size than the original, so that worries me.
If anyone can give me advice or guidance with this, I would really appreciate it. I just wanted to do a fun little mod that apparently no one else has done before, but I guess messing with game files is harder than I thought because I've been at this for hours lol.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: It looks like I can use WIIUZip to compile .pack files. I just tested the game out and nothing's changed, however. I even tried removing the entire Sound.pack file from the folder for Splatoon, but that doesn't seem to change anything in the game at all. So it seems like maybe I'm modifying the wrong files?? But I'm pretty sure there are no other sound files in the game's folder aside from the music, so I don't know what to do here. Please help 😂
I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm running the game on Cemu.

Edit 2: Got it figured out :)

Last edited by angelic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto