Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it illegal? Considering they are spying to simply protect their rights and prevent unauthorised modifications and installations to their system. I'm all for the, "I purchased the device so I can do what I want for it" argument. Thats awesome for indie developers (who can't afford the expensive dev kits and licenses) and home-brew enthusiasts. But when its being used to steal illegal games, then no. I don't think its a problem to "spy".
There is one interesting thing to remember about what Nintendo does.

Do you remember the Wii Mini fiasco on Club Nintendo last year? All the games people were able to get for free thanks to that, and yet there have been 0 cases of Nintendo banning users of those illegally acquired games. Several members were able to ask Nintendo, and were assured there will be no action taken against the illegally acquired download codes.

But that's not all. Several people have been the victim of console bans due to illegally acquired games. According to cases on Gamefaqs, these are games bought with a stolen credit card. The reason why Nintendo would ban these owners of illegally acquired download codes is because it involves a credit card company and the owner of said card who reported fraudulent transactions. As such, Nintendo was required to take action in pursuit of the thief of said card, which may just be a common practice of stolen credit cards that all parties involved must do their part.

In the case of these cia's, they weren't acquired through stolen credit cards, or some bloke who got robbed, but rather just appeared on someone's system out of the blue. Now, I'm uncertain of the level of details Nintendo can dig into in regards to someone's eshop account activity, so it remains to be seen if Nintendo will take action against cia players, but there's something to consider out of all this: what's to stop someone from system transferring to every known system with a pre-installed game, and having all those titles suddenly appear on their account? I'm sure Nintendo can't take action because the possibility exists, no matter how ridiculous, and if there are no reports of the consoles being stolen, there will be no action to take.

Time will tell of course, if Nintendo will do a crackdown. I for one am uncertain, and will just take each day as it is :)

Reactions: :-infern:

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I thought you already knew, but, don't install CIA files on SysNand it's dangerous to your console. EmuNand is safe

Wanted to ask if my console is EUR then do I need EUR cia to be safe or I will be safe with USA and JAP cia's too to play online?

bernadnad

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i got that error code 002-0102 . how i can contact nintendo by mail ? its almost 2 weeks and they still band the device .
help me pls

bernadnad

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
is it the same ban if the error write "the device has been suspend" and "the device has been restricted online"? just got first time get banned and becoming like this:wacko::wtf:

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I play, say FF Explorers .3ds file with private header should still be safe right?
Of course you have a private header and im assuming you used Gateway rom patcher 1.2, the release date does not matter since most stores break dates anyways, how do you think the game got ripped early in the first place?

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Of course you have a private header and im assuming you used Gateway rom patcher 1.2, the release date does not matter since most stores break dates anyways, how do you think the game got ripped early in the first place?

I use Sky3DS, and it's not a release date question, I know about that very well. What I am asking if perchance Nintendo has found a way to recognize .3DS files been played from the flashcard just like people are reportedly having been banned from using .CIA files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ