Homebrew EDuke32 Wii

liquidgykill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey guys, Im trying the build eduke32-wii-r4821 and Im unable to save any game, or to map the dpad except for dpad up,
Also all the forwarders gives me a black screen that locks my wii.
how can I fix this?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That version is bugged. Use r4103, that's the best version to use, no bugs and games are fully enjoyable from start to finish (just don't try to play with analog controls for walking/strafe).
Can't say about forwarders issues, as I only use eduke32 as a plugin for Wiiflow.
Personally I find these controls to be perfect:
controls-png.198599

liquidgykill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
That version is bugged. Use r4103, that's the best version to use, no bugs and games are fully enjoyable from start to finish (just don't try to play with analog controls for walking/strafe).
Can't say about forwarders issues, as I only use eduke32 as a plugin for Wiiflow.
Personally I find these controls to be perfect:
controls-png.198599
Thank you I already switched to this build and indeed runs very well.
I have some extra questions:

Im moving and strafing with the analog and yeah its a little too accelerated, is there a way to change the values in the config file?

how do I put the music back? I gave the .ogg files of the original game.

is it possible to play the expansions duke dc,nuclear winter and lifes a beach? I have the files but I dont know where to put them.

Last edited by liquidgykill,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
, is there a way to change the values in the config file?
I can't remember, but I find it a very unpractical way of control, as it's difficult to even walk in a straight line.
how do I put the music back? I gave the .ogg files of the original game.

is it possible to play the expansions duke dc,nuclear winter and lifes a beach? I have the files but I dont know where to put them.
here you will find my pre configured version with working sound and expansions support
https://gbatemp.net/threads/eduke32-wiiflow-plugin.500124/
Don't worry if you don't use Wiiflow, it will work on the homebrew channel as well

liquidgykill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I can't remember, but I find it a very unpractical way of control, as it's difficult to even walk in a straight line.
here you will find my pre configured version with working sound and expansions support
https://gbatemp.net/threads/eduke32-wiiflow-plugin.500124/
Don't worry if you don't use Wiiflow, it will work on the homebrew channel as well

OMFG it worked! Thank you.

Althought the music in nuclear winter is not the correct one since replaces the moon map, all the rest works pretty ok.

Ive been messing around with the options of the game, not INGAME but on the config files: settings.CFG and eduke32.CFG

Ive found that the game runs in an odd aspect ratio that is not widescreen and that the calibration of the analog sticks is horrendously oversensitive.

Ive tweaked some options to make it way way better and to finally have playable values in the analogue sticks. These are my recommendation in the configuration files:

LEFT ANALOG:

JoystickAnalogScale0 = 400
JoystickAnalogScale1 = 28000

The original strafe value was over 12000/32000 which made it horrible to use and you are unable to tweak this value properly ingame. This new 400 value make the strafe back to be playable and even sensitive of the range of motion of the stick, the less you pull the less speed Duke strafes.
Same for the move value, it was tweaked a bit to not make Duke run like a formula 1 car.

RIGHT ANALOG:

JoystickAnalogScale2 = 13000
JoystickAnalogScale3 = 13000

The original values of the right analog were not that bad but the default 25% setting was a little bit oversensitive to aim propperly, so I scaled it down to more reasonable values and IMO is way better.

WIDESCREEN:

This build in its default configuration is not on widescreen but that can be corrected.

This game has 2 configurations to scale the game to widescreen properly, 1 value for the menus and "foreground layer" (duke's hand and weapons) and 1 value for the enviroment.

VALUES ON eduke32.CFG:

ScreenBPP = 32
ScreenHeight = 480
ScreenMode = 1
ScreenWidth = 800

Height and width makes forces the aspect ratio of the menus and foreground layer, screenmode toggles fullscreen, and screenbp gives you more colors I guess but the difference is negligible at best.

VALUE ON settings.CFG:

r_usenewaspect "1"

This only value forces the "background layer" aka the enviroment to use the same widescreen aspect ratio as the foreground above.

Also since the values of the analog sticks are fixed now, I made a new control configuration to be used with the classic/pro controller. I attached an Image of my personal binds which I find very confortable to use.
duke controls.png

NiteOwl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
OMFG it worked! Thank you.

Althought the music in nuclear winter is not the correct one since replaces the moon map, all the rest works pretty ok.

Ive been messing around with the options of the game, not INGAME but on the config files: settings.CFG and eduke32.CFG

Ive found that the game runs in an odd aspect ratio that is not widescreen and that the calibration of the analog sticks is horrendously oversensitive.

Ive tweaked some options to make it way way better and to finally have playable values in the analogue sticks. These are my recommendation in the configuration files:

LEFT ANALOG:

JoystickAnalogScale0 = 400
JoystickAnalogScale1 = 28000

The original strafe value was over 12000/32000 which made it horrible to use and you are unable to tweak this value properly ingame. This new 400 value make the strafe back to be playable and even sensitive of the range of motion of the stick, the less you pull the less speed Duke strafes.
Same for the move value, it was tweaked a bit to not make Duke run like a formula 1 car.

RIGHT ANALOG:

JoystickAnalogScale2 = 13000
JoystickAnalogScale3 = 13000

The original values of the right analog were not that bad but the default 25% setting was a little bit oversensitive to aim propperly, so I scaled it down to more reasonable values and IMO is way better.

WIDESCREEN:

This build in its default configuration is not on widescreen but that can be corrected.

This game has 2 configurations to scale the game to widescreen properly, 1 value for the menus and "foreground layer" (duke's hand and weapons) and 1 value for the enviroment.

VALUES ON eduke32.CFG:

ScreenBPP = 32
ScreenHeight = 480
ScreenMode = 1
ScreenWidth = 800

Height and width makes forces the aspect ratio of the menus and foreground layer, screenmode toggles fullscreen, and screenbp gives you more colors I guess but the difference is negligible at best.

VALUE ON settings.CFG:

r_usenewaspect "1"

This only value forces the "background layer" aka the enviroment to use the same widescreen aspect ratio as the foreground above.

Also since the values of the analog sticks are fixed now, I made a new control configuration to be used with the classic/pro controller. I attached an Image of my personal binds which I find very confortable to use.
View attachment 275524
Thanks for this¡ now I can play with both analog sticks, though my values on the left stick area a little higher, I prefer for duke to go faster and slow down by crouching.
Ive been trying some mods, so far this ones work: Alien vs Predator, New York Rebellion (cant pass the first level, dont know if im just bad or the game is broken), Starship Troopers, Wg Realms, Wg Space. Im trying to play the lost duke episodes but i cant install it, has anyone had any luck with that mod, or other mod recommendations?

Reactions: liquidgykill

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On newer Eduke builds for PC there is a file 'VoidSW' to play Shadow Warrior with the EDuke32 based sourceport. It works on the same way and need SW.GRP, SW.RTS, WD.GRP, and TD.GRP gamefiles. Music is possible with ogg files. The source code is on the Eduke site.
Is it possible to add the VoidSW file to the already working Eduke Wii Port ? Maybe a new complete coding is not necessary. I am a old man and Shadow Warrior was one of my favorite games, would love to play it on native Wii console with music.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how to use usbloader, so i can't help