Homebrew EDuke32 Wii

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I made those forwarders and forgot to check a few things. The forwarders did not show correctly in the data management channel. They had no icons so I fixed them. Also, I had megazig move the DUKE 3D logo so its not touching Duke. I will have Seam re-upload the fixed wads. Please fix all links accordingly once he does. Thanks to Abz for pointing me to the BGM source and megazig for editing the placement of the logo.

Here is the info:

EDuke32 - DUKEv4.20 voice 8 BLKios58
Sound is Duke saying "Come get some" with a gun reloading.
8 blocks of Wii memory.
Channel ID = DUKE
Title = EDuke32

EDuke32 - DUKEv4.20 BGM 10 BLKios58
Sound is Duke Nuke 'em Back Ground Music that fades out.
10 Blocks of Wii memory
Channel ID = DUKE
Title = EDuke32

EDuke32 - DUKEv4.20 BGM Loop 11 BLKios58
Sound is Duke Nuke 'em Background Music that loops.
11 Blocks of Wii memory
Channel ID = DUKE
Title = EDuke32

I made some changes to the compression so I takes up less room,i think. Don't recall the blocks from first forwarders. I changed the base wad to Wadder Base 3 for all of the channels. Now it shows in data management. These wads are completely legal as far as I know.... Enjoy!!

Reactions: 1 person

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

Is trhis possible to turn and aim with the WiiMote ?

I tried many changes in the stup and i can't manage to do it.

If it is possible; maybe someone could post his config file ?

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Is trhis possible to turn and aim with the WiiMote ?

I tried many changes in the stup and i can't manage to do it.

If it is possible; maybe someone could post his config file ?

sorry, i dont think that is an option.. you would need to use the nunchuk to turn and the wiimote to aim.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I was playing Duke Nukem on my Wii a long time ago. You can inject Duke Nukem rom into Sin & Punishment WAD and play it flawlessly on the Wii. You can also edit the banner/icon/animation to whatever you want using a hex editor.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally I hated the N64 version. It looked and sounded terrible compared to the PC, the only thing it offered was split-screen multiplayer.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duke 64 also had some exclusive, themed levels. Some were more entertaining than others. I just hated the fact that it was censored up; but then again, I got to play the original on DOS in school as a reward for finishing homework early. :D

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone made a forwarder channel for this yet?

edit: ALSO... why does the sky look all weird and stretchy when you look up and move around? i dont think its a bug.. it just looks odd. was wondering what the explanation for that is. and also, when using the nunchuck setup, if you point the wiimote too far to the left or right the screen will just stop scrolling if the mouse cursor touches the side of the screen.. it makes it really hard to play the game with this issue. and why does the strafe speed seem to be twice as fast as walking forward or backwards? i seem to be the only one following this thread... :(

well im sure nobody cares, but i figured out something about that "weird stretchy sky/buildings" glitch with this. it only occurs on crt tvs. when using this on an hdtv the issue is gone... guess its some auto aspect ratio adjust bug...

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I was playing Duke Nukem on my Wii a long time ago. You can inject Duke Nukem rom into Sin & Punishment WAD and play it flawlessly on the Wii. You can also edit the banner/icon/animation to whatever you want using a hex editor.

Flawlessly? I remember it showing the sprites behind walls and not being able to save too. Maybe i tried a different/older inject but it had those issues.

Anyway, has anybody meddled with mods for eDuke Wii?

Finally, I have the same issues with ''streched'' backgrounds as well (i use a CRT) but i figured it was due to my TV. I also upload a config file for wiimote & nunchuck controls. The buttons configs may not suit you, you can change them any time from the eDuke menu.

Attachments

• settings.zip
    994 bytes · Views: 295

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey hey hey! Check THIS out, it came out 2 days ago:

April 30, 2013: The Real Duke Nukem Forever!
Duke Nukem Forever 2013 mod

dnf20131.jpg

dnf20132.jpg

dnf20133.jpg

This plays on eduke32 PC, i'm gonna try and set it up on the wii port and report back asap.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes it does.

Anyway, i cannot seem to get the above mod to work on eduke Wii, if anyone manages to do so, PLEASE report and give a mini guide. TIA.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys, has anyone managed to get a TV mod running on EDuke32 Wii?
I finished Duke3D long agowith great wiimote controls, and i wanted to try some mods out as well.
I downloaded Starship Troopers TC mod and put it in my SD. I know it can run on wii but i cannot get the damn thing to install, the wiibrew page is not clear in its' instructions.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/EDuke32_Wii#Using_TCs.2FMods.2FExpansions

I start EDuke32 Wii, go to New game-->User map and on the right i see a level list of the vanilla Duke 2d levels.
On the left side, there is the Starship Troopers folder (so the app can see it alright) but it does not let me choose it...
Any help?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Allright, i managed to get Starship Troopers running! Plays great on Wii!

make sure the meta.xml has this line at the end: <arg>-gssttc.grp</arg>
and the app folder (i named it EDuke33 lol) looks like this:
untitled.PNG

=EDIT=
Also managed to get Duke Nukem 3D Atomic edition expansions (Duke @ DC, Vacation, Nuclear Winter) to play!

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the bump, but I decided to try eDuke32 Wii since I owned both the GOG.com version and the Atomic Edition on Steam. I've put the .RTS and .GRP files in the sd:/apps/eduke32 directory like the instructions say, and installed the soundfont as per the instructions, however, when I start the homebrew on vWii, it goes through the initial loading of the engine procedures, and then I'm stuck at a black screen until I turn off my Wii U via the button on the console.

EDIT: Turns out that the GOG copy of the Duke Nukem 3D might have some alterations done to it that eDuke32 Wii doesn't support. I used the Steam files from the Megaton Edition and it works fine. Now I just have a problem with a really sensitive strafing and the inability to save my game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended