Hacking Easy Nus3bank Editor With GUI

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Roger Reynoso I did watch your video. And well, after some tries (it took me a fair while to be honest), I did manage to have Pit get a custom voice for his uptaunt. So maybe your audio track is too long then. While I was testing SonicBrawler (he has more experience than me regarding editing voice/sound effects) and I were agreeing that this issue was weird.

NUS3BANK Editor 2.10 is now available!
Download it here!

Changelog:
  • Fixed some menu entries with wrong action
  • Fixed default name when exporting
  • Opening a NUS3BANK now sets focus inside the list, so you can scroll directly
  • You can now preview a selection of tracks: either click the button, use the File menu, double click or hit enter/return
  • Right-clicking now allows you to select one track or can be used on a set of tracks already selected and grants the user with a context menu with replace/revert/preview/export options
  • Fixed something I forgot to edit within nus3bank.py and nus3inject.py
  • Better error handling (yes, again!)
  • Added a batch file that can be used to open and edit nus3bank files anywhere you can go with your file explorer (code edited so that everything works fine)
  • Window is now truly resizable
  • Added on-screen indicator of whether or not changes have apparently be applied or not (so that you save) (green = no changes since last save; red = maybe changes from last save)
  • It also gives you the path to the file you're currently editing (the .nus3bank extension is hidden)
  • A major design flow that could prevent two instances to work correctly simultaneously has been fixed
  • Fixed some encoding problems (no more UnicodeEncodingError?)

I'd recommend having the NUS3BANK editor in a fixed folder (so its version not being a part of the name of the NUS3BANK Editor folder) and setting files with the .nus3bank extension to open with NUS3BANK_Editor.bat.
Please tell me if any of you still have Unicode related errors, I hope these issues to be fixed.
Also, if you previously had Permission denied issues, please tell me if you still get those. I'm not sure what caused them and so don't know if I've solved these yet.

Reactions: Roger Reynoso

Roger Reynoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Roger Reynoso I did watch your video. And well, after some tries (it took me a fair while to be honest), I did manage to have Pit get a custom voice for his uptaunt. So maybe your audio track is too long then. While I was testing SonicBrawler (he has more experience than me regarding editing voice/sound effects) and I were agreeing that this issue was weird.

Download it here!

Changelog:
  • You can now preview a selection of tracks: either click the button, use the File menu, double click or hit enter/return
  • Right-clicking now allows you to select one track or can be used on a set of tracks already selected and grants the user with a context menu with replace/revert/preview/export options
  • Added a batch file that can be used to open and edit nus3bank files anywhere you can go with your file explorer (code edited so that everything works fine)
  • Added on-screen indicator of whether or not changes have apparently be applied or not (so that you save) (green = no changes since last save; red = maybe changes from last save)
  • It also gives you the path to the file you're currently editing (the .nus3bank extension is hidden)
  • A major design flow that could prevent two instances to work correctly simultaneously has been fixed

I'd recommend having the NUS3BANK editor in a fixed folder (so its version not being a part of the name of the NUS3BANK Editor folder) and setting files with the .nus3bank extension to open with NUS3BANK_Editor.bat.
Please tell me if any of you still have Unicode related errors, I hope these issues to be fixed.
Also, if you previously had Permission denied issues, please tell me if you still get those. I'm not sure what caused them and so don't know if I've solved these yet.

Thanks a lot man. To be honest, all I'm doing is replacing Pit's first voice of his smash attack ( because there are three ) for example " Three secret treasures! " is #1 , " Equipped! " is #2 and " Bye now! " is #3 , to another language which is Spanish, so it is around as long as the original. ( Heck, the English counterpart is a bit longer ) So yeah, that's more or less the project I have in mind.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Download it here!

Changelog:

i removed the NUS3BANK_Editor.bat from the folder and it opens then closes immediately..

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks like you've removed the .pyw and try to load the .bat. You must not remove the pyw. The bat file calls the pyw. The bat has been made because Windows doesn't want to set pyw as opening programs.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you've removed the .pyw and try to load the .bat. You must not remove the pyw. The bat file calls the pyw. The bat has been made because Windows doesn't want to set pyw as opening programs.
i've moved all of the files to a different folder and it still doesnt work

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hotfix for an issue when deleting temp files.
Get 2.11 here.

@Mr.ButtButt What are you doing exactly? The bat file belongs in the same directory as everything else. Can you double click the pyw? Can you add a line at the end of the bat file and write pause on that line, save and run the bat?

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hotfix for an issue when deleting temp files.
Get 2.11 here.

@Mr.ButtButt What are you doing exactly? The bat file belongs in the same directory as everything else. Can you double click the pyw? Can you add a line at the end of the bat file and write pause on that line, save and run the bat?
error.png this error took me like 5 times to catch, because it came up and closed out right away

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
And yet the error is not complete. To catch it, open a terminal (nothing selected, shift +right click, cmd window) and do :
Code:
python "_NUS3BANK Editor.pyw"

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK.
Uninstall python.
Delete the python27 folder in C:
Download and install the latest version for python 2.7.
(you may have done a 32 bit install over a 64 bit one or the other way around, you should not mix 32bit and 64bit stuff, you should stick with 64bit)

D

Deleted User

So I installed the new version and I still get the "Couldn't get metadata for (file)". Any ideas?

EDIT: Replacing idsps with other idsps also doesn't work, it gives me a large error popup. I've uninstalled and reinstalled python and the program just won't work

Last edited by ,

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hotfix 2.12 because previous one, while allowing some to work, broke it for others.

And also it should give more than just that sentence, if you want to try @DatPags (no it probably doesn't solve your issue yet unfortunately)

Last edited by BDS,

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i keep getting the error:

An error occured, snd_se_narration_characall.nus3bank couldn't get extracted. Not a NUS3BANK?
More info on console.
error.png

D

Deleted User

I think I fixed my issue, I believe it had to do with the format of the wav files I was trying to import. Re-exporting the wavs that weren't working as mp3's seems to be working

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
2.13 is available.

Changelog:
  • Fixed playlist creation (on previous versions, an m3u could be left opened after nus3bank extraction failed, eventually causing an error when clearing workspace)
  • Changed colors for the path of the file (gray = no changes, no need to save; blue = changes (probably), should save)
  • Better algorithm for partial display of path
  • Alternates background color for tracks for better visibility
  • Various changes in how the app closes files/itself
  • Fixed encoding for errors (…)

Last edited by BDS,

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, thanks (and also sorry :( ). 2.13a might not fix your issue but should help making it clearer to me.

Changelog:
  • Fixed other encoding issues (related to the path of the application)
  • Made traceback visible for errors happening with nus3bank extraction

Last edited by BDS,

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, thanks (and also sorry :( ). 2.13a might not fix your issue but should help making it clearer to me.

Changelog:
  • Fixed other encoding issues (related to the path of the application)
  • Made traceback visible for errors happening with nus3bank extraction
error.png meep2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think