Hardware "Early-Shipped" Nintendo Switch Systems Were Actually Stolen

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i think he means the third guy not involved in the robbery was oblivious-
he might have belived he bought it from a legit retailer worker.

plus, would you pass up the chance to own a switch before release? (or any console for that matter)

but if he didn't placed a pre-order how could've the retailer sent him the switch early in the first place?
i also don't think he'll be charged with anything, but he's definitely going to have to return the switch

Last edited by aljpn91,

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think he means the third guy not involved in the robbery was oblivious-
he might have belived he bought it from a legit retailer worker.

plus, would you pass up the chance to own a switch before release? (or any console for that matter)
It's like buying a car but having no gas or a way to get any for a couple of weeks. What's the point? (Unless you can buy it below market value, which is likely in this case)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but if he didn't placed a pre-order how could've the retailer sent him the switch in the first place?
i also don't think he'll be charged with anything, but he's definitely going to have to return the switch
i mean
*guy steals it*
*finds guy who is willing to buy it*
"how did you get it?"
"i work at GS"
*guy buys it not knowing its stolen*

What's the point?
its very stupid, but simply put,

showing off.

you might think its stupid (which it kind of is unless you get it fur cheap), but there are many irrational human beings who dont share that method of thinking

i honestly doubt he sold it for cheap though, because those are the very first nintendo switches to get into customer hands.

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't believe the buyer(who got the Switch early) knew that the system was stolen. Why would anyone post videos which he knows for sure will explode, knowing that he obtained the system illegally ?It's like robbing a bank and then posting videos of yourself bragging about the stolen goods.

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP.
Nintendo switched his life around.
no........ just no.........

kidding, amazing pun

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't believe the buyer(who got the Switch early) knew that the system was stolen. Why would anyone post videos which he knows for sure will explode, knowing that he obtained the system illegally ?It's like robbing a bank and then posting videos of yourself bragging about the stolen goods.
thats what im saying too, like its not right to punish an end user who didnt know any better

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The statement closed with the representative saying that “Nintendo Switch will launch worldwide on March 3, 2017, and we look forward to everyone being able to discover the wonders of the new system for themselves at that time.
I just hope one of those wonders is an easily exploitable internet browser, Nintendo :creep:
You better put a browser in there or I won't buy the console.

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the serialnumber was visible right? Ban incoming!
no, they cant ban unless something cheaty was done with console software

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

he had to give the console back wah hahahahaha i bet all his YT vids get deleted too.
wouldnt matter, everyones already seen it

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
he had to give the console back wah hahahahaha i bet all his YT vids get deleted too.

He deleted the videos himself, because he wants to stay on Nintendo's good side right now, he said that he was surprised that the videos weren't deleted. But it's all over the internet, easy to find.

And yeah he says that he didn't know that the system was stolen, and that he isn't in any trouble for it, but he did have to ship it back with no monetary return.

You can read all about it here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344759&page=39

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He didn't get his money back? Honestly, if I had it, I would probably not say anything. Let alone put it up on YouTube.

Maybe he will get the (a) Switch back later? Crazy and a shame, if he doesn't get anything back.

Last edited by KingVamp,

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
He didn't get his money back? Honestly, if I had it, I would probably not say anything. Let alone put it up on YouTube.

Same here. It was cool seeing the Switch and all, but the info provided was not of any significance. He doesn't look like he was doing it for fame though, which is why I kinda feel bad for him, thank god he didn't get into any legal trouble.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
seriously though when the unnamed retailer ends up looking like this you gotta be a bit suspicious :creep:
Bootleggers2.jpg

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Maybe he will get the (a) Switch back later? Crazy and a shame, if he doesn't get anything back.
I think the only way he will get any money back is if the guy that sold it will return the money to him. I don't know the law in America by buying stolen goods, but mostly you have to return the stolen property even if you legally bought it.

Something is fishy in this story, my conspiracy antenna is tingeling. Maybe he was trying to sell it and make some extra there or even get paid by companies like IGN etc. to keep trying things on it?

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/8Tndd7n.png - seems like I was right

Last edited by linuxares,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7