Hardware "Early-Shipped" Nintendo Switch Systems Were Actually Stolen

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
He deleted the videos himself, because he wants to stay on Nintendo's good side right now, he said that he was surprised that the videos weren't deleted. But it's all over the internet, easy to find.

And yeah he says that he didn't know that the system was stolen, and that he isn't in any trouble for it, but he did have to ship it back with no monetary return.

You can read all about it here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344759&page=39

Wow At least Nintendo should had returned his money back or at least send him one on March 3

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
why would they? it's stolen goods

Because the guy who bought it didn't know it was stolen ? From what I understand he didn't buy it on a street or something, the system was shipped to him, so whoever he was in contact with was claiming that he was from a known retailer, and they probably were, it seems like it was a group of people who wanted to make a quick buck which is why they stole a bunch of units and were busted before they could sell anymore units.

If anything, Nintendo should thank this guy, if not for him more units could have been sold ahead of time.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Because the guy who bought it didn't know it was stolen ? From what I understand he didn't buy it on a street or something, the system was shipped to him, so whoever he was in contact with was claiming that he was from a known retailer, and they probably were, it seems like it was a group of people who wanted to make a quick buck which is why they stole a bunch of units and were busted before they could sell anymore units.

If anything, Nintendo should thank this guy, if not for him more units could have been sold ahead of time.
But is there any America laws about buying in good faith? I mean he was buying it second hand and it was stolen. It wasn't bought from a store like Gamestop, therefor the property is Nintendo's if the there is no such thing as good faith laws.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Because the guy who bought it didn't know it was stolen ?
makes no difference if a deal is too good to be true...it usually isn't. if you buy a stolen car from someone and they cops find it they take it back. so same shit different bucket stolen switch returns to nintendo :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
makes no difference if a deal is too good to be true...it usually isn't. if you buy a stolen car from someone and they cops find it they take it back. so same shit different bucket stolen switch returns to nintendo :P

To be honest I probably expected more of Nintendo, he is still a customer who purchased a system, he didn't know it was stolen he just wanted to get it ahead of time like any of us would. It wouldn't hurt a multi-billion dollar company like Nintendo to refund him 300$ or ship a new system when it arrives.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if i was him and saw an online store selling a switch right now says they can ship right now immediately MY spider senses would be tingling. guy should have had more sense. o well he can buy another one in march with all the $ he prob made from his YT vid :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
To be honest I probably expected more of Nintendo, he is still a customer who purchased a system, he didn't know it was stolen he just wanted to get it ahead of time like any of us would. It wouldn't hurt a multi-billion dollar company like Nintendo to refund him 300$ or ship a new system when it arrives.
Or you know... he could have kept quite and nothing of this would have happened?

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you just looking for somewhere random to post this?
i got a notification for this thread, so i clicked on it. seconds later, i got another notification saying ricken liked my post, so i clicked on that. when it loaded, i coincidentally looked left and saw myself having 699 posts, so i decided... instead of creating a separate celebratory thread, i'd just post my celebratory post in the thread i'm currently viewing.

btw, happy 701 posts

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This "I didn't know it was ilegal goods" sounds like bullshit to me. Every human on Earth that has some interest on the Switch knows that it launches on March.. ..This guy knew for a fact that something was wrong, since he only bought it to get it before the actual launch.

He deserves no attention from Nintendo

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US law states: Buy stolen property and if law enforcement finds you have it, you lose the item(s). And no you do not get your money...it doesn't matter if you didn't know it was stolen.

Last edited by chartube12,
Reactions: linuxares

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM