Gaming Early leaked trailer shows Street Fighter V to be exclusive to PC & PS4

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I like street fighter, there's far too many revisions to warrant me purchasing it when it will be outdated in half a year.

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhhhhhh it's happening!! Capcam please give me more footage as PS Experience! Fucking shit though now I need to get a PS4, I'd get a PC but it's still not within my budget.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
PowerStone 3 needs to happen!

They better not make it an Xbox One exclusive (while PS4/PC get SFV) but rather a multiplatform game for PS4, XO and PC.

Power Stone 2 is definitely worthy of being re-released as an HD remake.

*cough*

d0728f00fb.png

6d58925734.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All four of them? 2012 was a free patch. It's a bit misleading to say SFIV has had a lot of versions.

So there's Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV, Arcade Edition, and Ultra Street Fighter IV. That's 4 versions of the same game, all paid updates.

If 4 iterations of one game isn't a lot to you, then I have no idea what's up.

Reactions: vayanui8 and T-hug

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How exactly do you know none of this happens at Nintendo? Pretty sure they've included fixes in their pathces.
You must work for them! Whens the next Metroid coming??
Have you ever played nintendo games? Notice how unbalanced they are, how nintendo games always have dozens of different tiers, or character that are completely useless and unviable? They clearly are not balanced with high level play in mind in the slightest.

As for how I know that, Sakurai stressed this fact multiple times in interviews. Infact he went so far as saying that smash is not the game for high level players, that he will never make it for them, and they are wasting their time.

Instead of being a smartass you should educate yourself before replying dumb shit.

RevPokemon Valve made 30 million dollars in net profit last summer, only for selling a compendium for 10dollars out of which 25% would go towards the tournament prize. For compiling a list of names taking part in their tournament. And that's not counting the tickets (which sold out in less than five minutes), the merchandise, and the usual cosmetics, which no doubt have spiked up because of the big event. You sure the competitive games market is extremely small? Looks like the games profiting the most out there right now are those focusing on competition, excluding the most popular smartphone games.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever played nintendo games? Notice how unbalanced they are, how nintendo games always have dozens of different tiers, or character that are completely useless and unviable? They clearly are not balanced with high level play in mind in the slightest.

As for how I know that, Sakurai stressed this fact multiple times in interviews. Infact he went so far as saying that smash is not the game for high level players, that he will never make it for them, and they are wasting their time.

Instead of being a smartass you should educate yourself before replying dumb shit.

RevPokemon Valve made 30 million dollars in net profit last summer, only for selling a compendium for 10dollars out of which 25% would go towards the tournament prize. For compiling a list of names taking part in their tournament. And that's not counting the tickets (which sold out in less than five minutes), the merchandise, and the usual cosmetics, which no doubt have spiked up because of the big event. You sure the competitive games market is extremely small? Looks like the games profiting the most out there right now are those focusing on competition, excluding the most popular smartphone games.

I was talking about the amount of people in competitive gaming groups (whether MLG or local) is smaller than the general gaming community although their tastes are relatively the same.

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry sir.

D

Deleted User

What?! No Xbox One? This can't be right...:unsure:

It's not really an exclusive since it's on PS4 and PC, it'd be like saying that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a PS3 exclusive while being on the Vita too.

PC is not a console, PC's are not even in direct competition with console's its not like anyone buys shit on PC's anyway pirating and $5 steam sales are the way to go.

AkiraCast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV, Arcade Edition, and Ultra Street Fighter IV. That's 4 versions of the same game, all paid updates.

If 4 iterations of one game isn't a lot to you, then I have no idea what's up.

I'll give you Super SFIV ($40 upgrade) but come on man $15 for AE which lasted three years, and then Ultra which again, was only $15 to upgrade. I mean let's be real here that's more than a lot of other fighters out there offer. Like BlazBlue for example you gotta buy like four physical copies of the "same game" at like at least $40 a pop. I know I do say this from a position of some bias cause I like the SF series but I just don't think you can deny the value that SFIV has offered throughout last gen and now, even if you don't like it. And technically only three updates by the way, you can't really say vanilla was an update of itself.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
PC is not a console, PC's are not even in direct competition with console's its not like anyone buys shit on PC's anyway pirating and $5 steam sales are the way to go.

PS4 and PC makes the game a console exclusive rather than an exclusive of its own for one platform only, which was the entire point of it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give you Super SFIV ($40 upgrade) but come on man $15 for AE which lasted three years, and then Ultra which again, was only $15 to upgrade. I mean let's be real here that's more than a lot of other fighters out there offer. Like BlazBlue for example you gotta buy like four physical copies of the "same game" at like at least $40 a pop. I know I do say this from a position of some bias cause I like the SF series but I just don't think you can deny the value that SFIV has offered this gen even if you don't like it.

So let's do this.

You're a hardcore SF fan and you buy SF at launch for $60... then SSFIV comes out and you pay $40 more. Then you pay $15 for AE. Then you pay what, $15, $20 for USFIV? So in total you paid about $135 for one game. Hell, if you wanted to upgrade to the PS4 version you have to pay even more. That's not counting if you bought costumes on outdated versions too. I mean this is over the course of a couple years, sure, but it's still ridiculous. There are plenty of fighting games that have a single iteration and maybe a couple of DLC characters that last years. I mean I know SSB isn't a fighting game but you paid $50 for the Gamecube version of Melee over ten years ago and you can still play it today at a tournament. I can pop in the latest Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition I got for $20 and I get the game and all the DLC with it and that game will last until MKX, maybe even past that.

Street Fighter gets away with it because it's Street Fighter. They think there's really nothing exactly like Street Fighter and that it's such a staple fighting game that they can do whatever they want for it. And people like yourself are gullible enough to buy into it.

AkiraCast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let's do this.

You're a hardcore SF fan and you buy SF at launch for $60... then SSFIV comes out and you pay $40 more. Then you pay $15 for AE. Then you pay what, $15, $20 for USFIV? So in total you paid about $135 for one game. Hell, if you wanted to upgrade to the PS4 version you have to pay even more. That's not counting if you bought costumes on outdated versions too. I mean this is over the course of a couple years, sure, but it's still ridiculous. There are plenty of fighting games that have a single iteration and maybe a couple of DLC characters that last years. I mean I know SSB isn't a fighting game but you paid $50 for the Gamecube version of Melee over ten years ago and you can still play it today at a tournament. I can pop in the latest Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition I got for $20 and I get the game and all the DLC with it and that game will last until MKX, maybe even past that.

Street Fighter gets away with it because it's Street Fighter. They think there's really nothing exactly like Street Fighter and that it's such a staple fighting game that they can do whatever they want for it. And people like yourself are gullible enough to buy into it.

Hey man I ain't even laying any ad hominems on you. And no Capcom can't just do what they want with SF, Ultra was a community effort and we complained a shit load about X Tekken cause we don't want shit like that. I'm pretty sure they won't tank their SF5 sales by trying to get away with X Tekken business practices. Also the Ultra physical copy gives you the costumes for free. As for Melee (even conceding it is or isn't a fighter? actually fuck it this doesn't matter) I personally am tired of seeing Melee all the time, it's so old and I wanna move on from it already so I hope Smash 4 does well for this reason. I can't really speak on MK though cause I don't really play it but that sounds great man.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man I ain't even laying any ad hominems on you. And no Capcom can't just do what they want with SF, Ultra was a community effort and we complained a shit load about X Tekken cause we don't want shit like that. I'm pretty sure they won't tank their SF5 sales by trying to get away with X Tekken business practices. Also the Ultra physical copy gives you the costumes for free. As for Melee (even conceding it is or isn't a fighter? actually fuck it this doesn't matter) I personally am tired of seeing Melee all the time, it's so old and I wanna move on from it already so I hope Smash 4 does well for this reason. I can't really speak on MK though cause I don't really play it but that sounds great man.

It doesn't matter if Ultra gives you the costumes for free, it basically makes all your previous purchases useless.

You can buy any other fighting game and get the updates for free and the characters for a couple bucks. You're trying to justify Capcom jacking up their prices for really no reason other than "Well it's Street Fighter."

If you keep buying all their updates and shit for Street Fighter it'll encourage them to make more imperfect games and have you pay for their efforts to tune it.

AkiraCast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter if Ultra gives you the costumes for free, it basically makes all your previous purchases useless.

You can buy any other fighting game and get the updates for free and the characters for a couple bucks. You're trying to justify Capcom jacking up their prices for really no reason other than "Well it's Street Fighter."

If you keep buying all their updates and shit for Street Fighter it'll encourage them to make more imperfect games and have you pay for their efforts to tune it.

I said the physical copy does, the digital upgrade (again, for $15) doesn't, so nope, my costume purchases are still good. Even still the base game is good enough, at least Capcom isn't even charging for any of the characters. I bought Ultra and didn't have to pay for Decapre or anything, KOFXIII (Which I love) makes you pay $15 for the best team in the game. Seriously I see team DLC all the time at tourneys. As for Ultra being imperfect you are entitled to that opinion my good sir.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said the physical copy does, the digital upgrade (again, for $15) doesn't, so nope, my costume purchases are still good. Even still the base game is good enough, at least Capcom isn't even charging for any of the characters. I bought Ultra and didn't have to pay for Decapre or anything, KOFXIII (Which I love) makes you pay $15 for the best team in the game. Seriously I see team DLC all the time at tourneys. As for Ultra being imperfect you are entitled to that opinion my good sir.

The base game is Street Fighter IV. I don't even think they do core SFIV at tournaments, you need AT LEAST SSFIV.

I don't understand how you'll complain about paying $15 for the best team in KOFXIII when you already paid upwards of $100+ for the definitive Street Fighter experience. The amount of tunnel vision here is staggering.

I wasn't saying Ultra was imperfect, I was saying they started with an imperfect game (Street Fighter IV) and had players pay to get the game refined into SSFIV, then Arcade Edition, and now Ultra.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Also, I hate anything XBox so that's cool, too.

But many people doesn't hate Xbox and may have gotten it because of fighting genre and Killer Instinct. (PS I also dislike xbox)

Could it be that because of strict online policy from microsofts end makes cross platform play impossible thus capcom decided to keep it out from it? Money involved? Maybe both? In any case I have grown to dislike exclusive shit with every case, was it console exclusive, exclusive exclusive, preorder exclusive or anything exclusive. Cutting and restricting content artifically to make it more valuable and make consumers to buy more shit that does same thing.

AkiraCast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The base game is Street Fighter IV. I don't even think they do core SFIV at tournaments, you need AT LEAST SSFIV.

I don't understand how you'll complain about paying $15 for the best team in KOFXIII when you already paid upwards of $100+ for the definitive Street Fighter experience. The amount of tunnel vision here is staggering.

I wasn't saying Ultra was imperfect, I was saying they started with an imperfect game (Street Fighter IV) and had players pay to get the game refined into SSFIV, then Arcade Edition, and now Ultra.

By base game I meant Ultra without the costumes. $15 and now I can practice for tourneys, that's it. Buy KOF and gotta pay $15 to practice against team DLC to stand a chance. Also you're assuming I've been paying for SFIV since vanilla, I was still in high school back then and had no money. I bought AE two years ago with the 25th Anniversary box set, gave the costumes to someone for their birthday though and then bought the costumes myself cause I had a great job. I've still been playing since Vanilla I just hadn't been able to work back then. With that said I still don't consider it a waste. I wish Tekken would get updates instead of more games, Tekken 6 is still Bob mirrors all day but that's just me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill