Gaming Earliest Firmware Available for a PSP 3000

XXXw0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious, because after TN HEN 6.20 and 6.35 are released along with the downgrader, how far down can I go? I have a PSP3001 with OFW 6.30

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
IF it gets released i doubt it'd take to below a certain level otherwise this will cause far more problems that it will fix. As to your question - What firmware did your PSP come on when you unpacked it and powered it up for the first time? My advice would be never to go below that.

Lowest firmwares vary across the board, and if you go to low you end up with a brick.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
4.20 was indeed the initial 3000 firmware (List) Any lower and you get a permanent brick, although i believe there are certain revisions within the 3000 mobo's that snuck out so unless you know for sure you're ok to go that low then i'd seriously advise not going down that far.

Of course this is hypothetical because as always i'm sceptical about this until i see it in action (although theoretically it shouldn't be impossible)

XXXw0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
4.20 was indeed the initial 3000 firmware (List) Any lower and you get a permanent brick, although i believe there are certain revisions within the 3000 mobo's that snuck out so unless you know for sure you're ok to go that low then i'd seriously advise not going down that far.

Of course this is hypothetical because as always i'm sceptical about this until i see it in action (although theoretically it shouldn't be impossible)

Mine came 6.30 out of the box. If I do downgrade, then is it possible to get to 5.50, or 5.03 without bricking the psp? It's a psp 3001 from the black friday bundle, and I want to make sure I don't brick it through the process IF we are able to downgrade.

toshio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XXXw0 said:
xist said:

Mine came 6.30 out of the box. If I do downgrade, then is it possible to get to 5.50, or 5.03 without bricking the psp? It's a psp 3001 from the black friday bundle, and I want to make sure I don't brick it through the process IF we are able to downgrade.

Not possible theres a 100% brick for the higher firmwares. you just have to wait for 6.31 hen. especially if its a psp 3000.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3