Hacking Dug out the 3ds fw 4.5 with R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition - still useful in 2020

_dan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Over the past couple of months have modded my vita with enzo/henkaku - pretty simple process overall.

Was wondering if the R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition Card is still useful in 2020?

I'm guessing being on 4.5 firmware I'll be limited on the games I can play? If I update to the latest - that's not exploitable? Just wondering what path I can take on this.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
If I update to the latest - that's not exploitable?
Dude, boot9strap doesn't care about the firmware version. It is unpatchable. And if you read the guide, you will see a lot of options to install cfw on your 3ds. And who cares about flashcards? You can use twilight menu++ to play nds roms.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly as @BaamAlex said all 3ds firmware versions can be hacked. And with twighlightmenu now able to play about 99% of DS game perfectly flashcards are of no real use anymore. Just update your 3ds to latest firmware version and take it from there. Or stay on your current firmware use soundhax once fully hacked then update the system. Either one works

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: BaamAlex

_dan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the liklihood of getting banned if playing online with bootstrap9?
Exactly as @BaamAlex said all 3ds firmware versions can be hacked. And with twighlightmenu now able to play about 99% of DS game perfectly flashcards are of no real use anymore. Just update your 3ds to latest firmware version and take it from there. Or stay on your current firmware use soundhax once fully hacked then update the system. Either one works

_dan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Installing custom firmware using a ntrboot compatible DS flashcart.
Playing a older model DS flashcart on newer 3DS firmware.
I used the R4i 3ds gold deluxe to play 3ds game, is this different to where you refer to "DS flashcart"? Or are ds cart and 3ds cart one and the same?

Does having the R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe make it easy to mod in terms of bootstrap9?
Here's a photo of the carts I have.

Attachments

• IMG_20200620_141753.jpg
    IMG_20200620_141753.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 182
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the R4i 3ds gold deluxe to play 3ds game, is this different to where you refer to "DS flashcart"? Or are ds cart and 3ds cart one and the same?

Does having the R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe make it easy to mod in terms of bootstrap9?
Here's a photo of the carts I have.
You might want to refer back to @BaamAlex's link to [3ds.hacks.guide] as these are open end questions.

Are you trying to hack and install custom firmware on your 3DS system? Depending what version firmware your 3DS is currently on, you might be better off hacking it through a different method like Soundhax or Seedminer.

People ask this all the time, but not just any DS flashcart or 3DS flashcart is ntrboot compatible. Only those listed in the ntrboot guide or gbatemp thread are recommended. Trying to reflash an arbitrary flashcart is almost guaranteed to permanently kill or softbrick the cart into a useless piece of plastic.

That R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe “Starter” is a known DS flashcart model that's ntrboot compatible. However, it also doesn't work on open (unhacked) 3DS firmware newer than Ver. 4.5.0-10X because of the block from the Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist, making it impossible to reflash it into ntrboot without the aid of another already hacked 3DS system.

Are you trying to use that DS flashcart despite the block? As was mentioned in my previous post, the whitelist block can be bypassed with the aid of NTR Launcher.

_dan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You might want to refer back to @BaamAlex's link to [3ds.hacks.guide] as these are open end questions.

Are you trying to hack and install custom firmware on your 3DS system? Depending what version firmware your 3DS is currently on, you might be better off hacking it through a different method like Soundhax or Seedminer.

People ask this all the time, but not just any DS flashcart or 3DS flashcart is ntrboot compatible. Only those listed in the ntrboot guide or gbatemp thread are recommended. Trying to reflash an arbitrary flashcart is almost guaranteed to permanently kill or softbrick the cart into a useless piece of plastic.

That R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe “Starter” is a known DS flashcart model that's ntrboot compatible. However, it also doesn't work on open (unhacked) 3DS firmware newer than Ver. 4.5.0-10X because of the block from the Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist, making it impossible to reflash it into ntrboot without the aid of another already hacked 3DS system.

Are you trying to use that DS flashcart despite the block? As was mentioned in my previous post, the whitelist block can be bypassed with the aid of NTR Launcher.
Here's my firmware version and the back of my cart.
"R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) (r4ids.cn)
Also known as R4i Gold 3DS, R4i Gold 3DS RTS, R4i Gold 3DS V6.1 R4i Gold and R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe (NOT the white-golden "STARTER" card)
Revisions earlier than "4" might not be supported. Faulty revision C cards are supported. You can see the revision of the card above the rightest DS contact. It's a white letter/number ("1"-"9"; "A"-"D")." where it states faulty revision c card are supported? Does that mean all version c were faulty and supported? Or a certain number of them were faulty and the fault meant that they are supported?

Attachments

• 15926621853357871788045980831943.jpg
    15926621853357871788045980831943.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 15926622104533674006464941614973.jpg
    15926622104533674006464941614973.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my firmware version and the back of my cart.
"R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) (r4ids.cn)
Also known as R4i Gold 3DS, R4i Gold 3DS RTS, R4i Gold 3DS V6.1 R4i Gold and R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe (NOT the white-golden "STARTER" card)
Revisions earlier than "4" might not be supported. Faulty revision C cards are supported. You can see the revision of the card above the rightest DS contact. It's a white letter/number ("1"-"9"; "A"-"D")." where it states faulty revision c card are supported? Does that mean all version c were faulty and supported? Or a certain number of them were faulty and the fault meant that they are supported?
Since your 3DS firmware is old enough, you can avoid the ntrboot method and the mess of reflashing ntrboot flashrom / risk of possibly softbricking the DS flashcart.

Definitely hit up reading the 3ds.hacks.guide from the very beginning to soak up all the crucial info about 3DS custom firmware. Baring some rando frankenfirmware funk, Ver. 4.5.0-10E should mean that o3DSXL can be hacked by Installing boot9strap (Soundhax).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Something about family guy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it has the auto captions
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But the captions are in english, I only speak Ebonics
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i made myself a pizza today, that shit was mid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, atleast it wasnt that bad
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but i can't let a mediocre pizza bring me down, just around this time last month i made that cheesecake
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it