gesaugen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's the video of what happens when I press power button:

So here's the story:
I've bought it over ebay. It worked fine but it had problems with charging where I would need to make pressure on the charging port so it would start charging. Over short time the problem got worse so I've decided to change the charging port. I've bought new one from ebay removed old one and soldered new one. It worked for a short while but then again started to make problems with charging. While it could charge, the DSi worked fine. Because the charging problem got worse, I've searched for solution and I've came across that maybe the problem was in f1 fuse. So I've tested it via voltmeter and it seamed ok but never the less I've reheated its solder and solder of f2 fuse also. After putting the console back again, the problem on the video started to happen. I've disassembled and reassembled the console again but the same thing happen. I tough that maybe it's the battery so I've bought new one and managed to charge it (the charging light was on whole night) but the problem stayed the same

So, anyone knows what could be the problem?

Last edited by gesaugen,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Turns off "explosively" and the top screen isn't flashing - that means the top screen's backlight is broken or disconnected; if all else fails you could try replacing it with a resistor (check out the "gba macro" guides for the DS/Lite) but I would check the connector again, the cable needs to be pushed in farther than it looks (which isn't very easy with the little extra length you have for maneuvering it)

Reactions: gesaugen and IC_

gesaugen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for advice. I've tried to reconnect and connect again cables and things changed a bit: a DSi would turn on and hold charge and both screens would be turned on but dark, like the LED illumination wasn't working
Because of that I've reconnected every ribbon cable except those two that go from the upper LCD with no luck.
Then I tried again to reconnect just cable no 1 (on pic) and that caused again the same problem from the begging with bottom screen just flashing once and upper not reacting at all before DSI would turn of completely..
Here's the pic of two cables in the corner so that you can direct me which one causes me problem
https://imgur.com/QIXreOl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1