Homebrew DSi Homebrew Menu directly on your Home Menu!

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
my HBmenu boots into a black screen with no error being prompted.

On latest nightly rxtools, on n3DS LL, with HBmenu installed onto sysnand and emunand.
bootstrap.cia is also installed on sysnand and emunand.

sysnand on 9.1J, emunand on 10.6J

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, if this boots DS games, I'm going to be so happy.
Then, I don't need my flashcart anymore which only works on the DS Lite anyway (On boot cart, so it will never work on 3DS).

Then I finally have analog stick support and don't have to worry about my broken D-pad on DS Lite!

Last edited by thekarter104,

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you guys published informations about the SRL header anywhere?
https://dsibrew.org/wiki/NDS_Format :)

Wow, if this boots DS games, I'm going to be so happy.
Then, I don't need my flashcart anymore which only works on the DS Lite anyway (On boot cart, so it will never work on 3DS).

Then I finally have analog stick support and don't have to worry about my broken D-pad on DS Lite!
The ds games can't be booted in this way.
Explanation from @Apache Thunder :
That's because the TID field in the DSi Extended header is set to cartrige which will cause TWL_FIRM to boot Slot-1 instead of the SRL you attempted to boot. (this is basically how my TWL Slot-1 Launcher works)

Even if you fix that issue, the game won't work unless you have the cartridge for it inserted when you boot it. (and it will freeze if you eject the cart mid game)

It uses cart read/write calls that need major reworking if you were going to use it as a installed app. This is one reason why it's not yet possible to install DS games to nand at the moment. DS Download Play station demos are the only exception at the moment since they were setup to read from RAM and don't use cartridge commands. So those work fine as DSiWare (in NTR mode).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol