"DS lite has been discontinued" says GoNintendo

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Lite was a great unit, better then mister fatty.

I might splurge and get a Lite and a bunch of GBA games to play, but then again I still have my GBA SP with broken shoulder buttons.

Rukia-san

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The DSLiTe will be missed, God I loved this handled :3 I still have mine but the bottom screen freeze after 5 min.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I still have mine is almost perfect condition, it's my GBA player at this point. It served me well and came at just the right time when my DSphat started to go wonkey.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naved.islam14 said:
I'm happy I already have a DSLite. And I'm thinking that Big N is starting to copy Sony, example:
Sony can brick their handhelds and so did Nintendo about the 3DS and
Sony cancels PSP Go, Nintendo cancels DSLite.
No just no.
mellow.gif

Specially when they can't brick handhelds.

Anyway I seem to only get the original of the ds'
laugh.gif
, but I think the lite is a nice balance between tough and looks.

The ds look isn't bad (to me) just big, yet quite tough.

Ds lite was pretty cool, it was a well balance portable.

Unfortunately it was just time to move on, especially when the XL and 3DS is out.

Coming from someone with the dstwo and gameboy player for the gamecube.

D

Deleted-236924

naved.islam14 said:
Sony cancels PSP Go, Nintendo cancels DSLite.
They weren't canceled.

QUOTE(shadowmanwkp @ Apr 22 2011, 09:04 AM) It only works with a flashcart sadly enough....
No, you just flash the DS Lite firmware onto the DS just as if installing Flashme.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Meh, I never really was a fan of the Lite, mainly when all the reports came in of bumpers failing and hinges flopping. Compared to the DS Phat's tank-like build quality, it seems like a setback.

Well, the Phat is ugly as hell, bulky, and pretty dim (you'll get major glare issues near almost any source of sunlight), but I do love it. Its been the only DS I've owned and currently own. Still works fine and the battery on that thing is pretty awesome.
Fake reports or from young crazy kids lol, I love the DS Lite, it's my fav in the DS line-ups, my DS phat just collects dust, poor thing, since it's battery life is like 5 hours now (bought it Dec 2004), trust me I used it like a retarded gamer, non-stop gaming of Animal Crossing...the good ol'days... (it's virtually a 3DS lol xD!), DS lite on the other hand, been 2 years or so when I got it, it's battery life is well above 24 hours, word. I use DS lite to play Pokemon White, DSi to play my downloaded DSi ware and 3DS to play SF4, so yeah....I keep switching from DS lite, to DSi to 3DS.

It's not "fake reports." The hinges are beyond problematic on the DSlite. The simple act of opening and closing the DSlite is enough to cause the hinge to eventually break over the longterm. Those who heavily used their lite, opening and closing it many times, experienced the cracked and/or broken hinge.

The shoulder buttons are also very susceptible to the environment around them. You would have to live in the most clean air on this planet to not have the shoulder buttons start acting unresponsive after a period of time. I love and care for my lite that I only got back in January as careful as can be, and one of the shoulder buttons is already starting to not work about 1 in every 15 presses. This remedies itself after it gets used for awhile, but goes right back there when they aren't needed for any length of time.

You can't say that actual problems with the DSlite that are widely reported and known are "fake reports."

Edit: Forgot the quote. :3
Edit 2: Got it!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have my DS Lite that I bought 3-4 years ago, and it's still in good condition. I don't think I'll ever sell it at all, unless I really need money, but I know that I won't really be able to get enough money out of it, so I may as well just keep it to serve as a childhood memory. My DS Lite has served me well and helped me get past extreme boredom. It's too bad that I hardly play the DS anymore.

R.I.P. DS Lite~

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I am r4ymond said:
I still have my DS Lite that I bought 3-4 years ago, and it's still in good condition. I don't think I'll ever sell it at all, unless I really need money, but I know that I won't really be able to get enough money out of it, so I may as well just keep it to serve as a childhood memory. My DS Lite has served me well and helped me get past extreme boredom. It's too bad that I hardly play the DS anymore.

R.I.P. DS Lite~
It will live on in our hearts, forever part of us for eternity.
cry.gif

except for the shoulder buttons -- they're just dead
sad.gif

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I haven't had any problems with the shoulder buttons or the hinge.

The only problem I have now is the D-pad, It is so worn that the paint around It has faded away and It is becoming unresponsive from heavy use.

I guess once It breaks down totally It will be time to upgrade to a 3ds and I am hoping around late summer to make the transition If It can hold out that long.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
KingVamp said:
Because it too old for Nintendo to keep it up like the phat. They want to focus on the newer set
of portables.
Nintendo's focusing on Sony NGP, huh? I'm gonna miss Nintendo DS Lite.
sad.gif

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never had major issues with my Lite, and I hope it continues as such. If all else fails, I could try to get a renewed one from Nintendo if mine ever breaks, or buy a DSi.

I think the significance of the Lite is more about is being the first breakthrough for Nintendo on DS. It's *the* build that made the system hotcakes.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the old DSlite is my last hurrah for video game systems. It's not likely I'll ever buy another gaming unit of any kind.

I guess you can say that with the death of the DSlite, we have reached true death of GBA support from Ninty.

I'm not happy or sad to hear this news particularly, it's just the way things progress in the business world. Not surprised at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste