"DS lite has been discontinued" says GoNintendo

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
gravessStone.jpg
According to GoNintendo, a corporate email sent to all stores has informed employees to prepare for the discontinuation of the humble, legendary DS lite. If this is the case, it would certainly be the end of an era.

While I have a lot of fond memories of the lite, I appreciated the extra features and better build quality of the various DSi models more. What do you think Temps?

Source:
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=156354

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my DS cycle went:
DS Phat ->Broken->DSi->Broken->DSiXL
So I skipped right past the DS Lite, but I still want one for various reasons, though this doesn't really affect me.

I

ishdeepsingh

I still luv ds lite. Beats dsi to me. STUPID idea in taking off the gba port for a crappy gimmick. But the 3ds was def. worth it too
biggrin.gif
Heres my DS Lite:
2ngzll2.jpg

2vt1nie.jpg

ea1leg.jpg
Its Ice Blue, With a See-Thru Top. I was gunna mod the buttons, but because it was Refurbished, it was glued shut -_-.. aww well
BTW I only did the top because i used the spare case part that i didint use on my other modded ds, which got jacked... lol

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
If I didn't have my Phat and 2 DSL's, I'd probably grab one for GBA games... And as one who shops at Gamestop I'd buy some worthy GBA games before they're all gone.
With the DSi[XL] left over, is there really a reason for people to be buying this while the 3DS can do what it does... And more?

EDIT: I forgot to include my "R.I.P. Nintendo DS [Lite]"

D

Deleted-273695

haflore said:
Ah, it was bound to happen I guess.
frown.gif

That reminds me, I still need get parts to fix mine...
Mine are shipped and expecting them soon
biggrin.gif

Just from Dealextreme, should be an easy fix, case, digitizer and top screen
biggrin.gif

I

ishdeepsingh

Snailface said:
They do have amazing battery life -- 19 hours on lowest brightness. I think you would need a battery as big as the DS lite itself to get that kinda mileage on a 3ds.
laugh.gif
Lol a 'Snailface' Talking bout mileage...

Dont take that offensive its a joke
biggrin.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
They're discontinuing the last device that officially supported GBA games. They better be bringing GBA games to the 3DS VC. As it stands now, the GBA will have gone the way of the GB/GBC with no further support at this time unless you still own an older console.

This is especially disappointing for anybody like me who has a DSlite on a one year factory warranty that is fairly fresh. If I experience a problem, I don't want to send it to Nintendo, as they'll most likely just want to charge me an extra $20 to upgrade to a DSi or some shit. The DSlite is the highest selling model of the DS too if I'm not mistaken. Seems silly to discontinue it so soon after the release of the 3DS.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R.I.P. you will only be missed for your GBA compatibility.

Seriously, am I the only one who had to keep sending mine back because of the L/R buttons?
I only hope that I still get my warranty.
hate2.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Thesolcity said:
R.I.P. you will only be missed for your GBA compatibility.

Seriously, am I the only one who had to keep sending mine back because of the L/R buttons?
I only hope that I still get my warranty.
hate2.gif

The shoulder buttons are faulty to a certain degree on every iteration of the DS, from the Phat to the XL. There are ways to tend to them yourself. It isn't really a problem that needs the attention of Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: