The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
R.I.P. you will only be missed for your GBA compatibility.

Seriously, am I the only one who had to keep sending mine back because of the L/R buttons?
I only hope that I still get my warranty.
hate2.gif
My L/R's stopped working twice but I never sent them back (3 times if I count the Phat). Simply cleaning them with the cotton-swab, water, and blowing into them trick did wonders.
All of 'em are working just fine now.
happy.gif

The only true issues I had with the Lite were always with those damn hinges.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Nathan Drake said:
Thesolcity said:
R.I.P. you will only be missed for your GBA compatibility.

Seriously, am I the only one who had to keep sending mine back because of the L/R buttons?
I only hope that I still get my warranty.
hate2.gif

The shoulder buttons are faulty to a certain degree on every iteration of the DS, from the Phat to the XL. There are ways to tend to them yourself. It isn't really a problem that needs the attention of Nintendo.
Aw c'mon, the shoulder buttons on the DS are perfect, I have the DS phat, Lite, i and now 3DS, all of them are in perfect condition, remember:- It's not the build of the hand-held, it's the way you handle it that breaks it down.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm happy I already have a DSLite. And I'm thinking that Big N is starting to copy Sony, example:
Sony can brick their handhelds and so did Nintendo about the 3DS and
Sony cancels PSP Go, Nintendo cancels DSLite.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I never really was a fan of the Lite, mainly when all the reports came in of bumpers failing and hinges flopping. Compared to the DS Phat's tank-like build quality, it seems like a setback.

Well, the Phat is ugly as hell, bulky, and pretty dim (you'll get major glare issues near almost any source of sunlight), but I do love it. Its been the only DS I've owned and currently own. Still works fine and the battery on that thing is pretty awesome.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
Meh, I never really was a fan of the Lite, mainly when all the reports came in of bumpers failing and hinges flopping. Compared to the DS Phat's tank-like build quality, it seems like a setback.

Well, the Phat is ugly as hell, bulky, and pretty dim (you'll get major glare issues near almost any source of sunlight), but I do love it. Its been the only DS I've owned and currently own. Still works fine and the battery on that thing is pretty awesome.

Not if you're one of the lucky guys that has the dslite firmware
yaynds.gif
I can turn up the brightness level just like on a ds lite, but it really eats away battery life, however it is also really worth it, even though I set it to the second brightness level, it makes a huge difference. It only works with a flashcart sadly enough....

(You can check which firmware you have by pulling out your cartridge while in picto chat. If you get a pink screen, you are lucky enough to have ds lite firmware)

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Guild McCommunist said:

Fake reports or from young crazy kids lol, I love the DS Lite, it's my fav in the DS line-ups, my DS phat just collects dust, poor thing, since it's battery life is like 5 hours now (bought it Dec 2004), trust me I used it like a retarded gamer, non-stop gaming of Animal Crossing...the good ol'days... (it's virtually a 3DS lol xD!), DS lite on the other hand, been 2 years or so when I got it, it's battery life is well above 24 hours, word. I use DS lite to play Pokemon White, DSi to play my downloaded DSi ware and 3DS to play SF4, so yeah....I keep switching from DS lite, to DSi to 3DS.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
Fake reports or from young crazy kids lol, I love the DS Lite, it's my fav in the DS line-ups, my DS phat just collects dust, poor thing, since it's battery life is like 5 hours now (bought it Dec 2004), trust me I used it like a retarded gamer, non-stop gaming of Animal Crossing...the good ol'days... (it's virtually a 3DS lol xD!), DS lite on the other hand, been 2 years or so when I got it, it's battery life is well above 24 hours, word. I use DS lite to play Pokemon White, DSi to play my downloaded DSi ware and 3DS to play SF4, so yeah....I keep switching from DS lite, to DSi to 3DS.

My DS Phat battery is really solid, I can't really pin an average battery life but it feels damn long. Especially compared to my PSP which seems to die within an hour or two of Dissidia 012 (still hasn't stopped me from putting 50 hours into the game so far, lol). Maybe I'm just too used to the, honestly, shit battery life of the PSP (I love my PSP to death but the battery life just sucks, I can't ignore that) that almost anything above 5 hours is godly.

I've just seen people here with DS Lites that complain about have to replace shoulder buttons and hinges and I know my friend's hinge is broken. The only issue I've had with my DS Phat is when part of the hinge literally snapped off. So it's kinda dislodged from the hinge at times but it's usually fine outside of "book mode" games. I might just MacGyver it and make some type of fix with duct tape, but the only real "book mode" games I'd play nowadays are Bookworm.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Guild McCommunist said:
SamAsh07 said:

My DS Phat battery is really solid, I can't really pin an average battery life but it feels damn long. Especially compared to my PSP which seems to die within an hour or two of Dissidia 012 (still hasn't stopped me from putting 50 hours into the game so far, lol). Maybe I'm just too used to the, honestly, shit battery life of the PSP (I love my PSP to death but the battery life just sucks, I can't ignore that) that almost anything above 5 hours is godly.

I've just seen people here with DS Lites that complain about have to replace shoulder buttons and hinges and I know my friend's hinge is broken. The only issue I've had with my DS Phat is when part of the hinge literally snapped off. So it's kinda dislodged from the hinge at times but it's usually fine outside of "book mode" games. I might just MacGyver it and make some type of fix with duct tape, but the only real "book mode" games I'd play nowadays are Bookworm.
I see, maybe I'm lucky to have all 4 of my DS in perfect condition xP or it's just that I take care of them more than myself lol, cover them with cloth when not in use, use good screen cleaners, never let anyone touch my DS unless they clean their hands with soap especially if they just had lunch/dinner or coming from work/beach etc...I'm sure there are many freaks like me out there. Lol.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
my dsl is broken and i must say it was a great design at the time when the ds was selling well. its seems this is the close-down news week. i think it needed to stop now that dsi and xl are on the market... probably a late stop

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
omgpwn666 said:
Yeah, DSi is better anyways.
I completely agree, but most people I know (Casual gamers) prefer the DS Lite because of the GBA slot, and the fact that they don't know what the DSi can do.
Or some of us don't see the DSi as a necessary update. It just features DSiWare, cameras, MP3 player and MP3 recorder IIRC. But that doesn't come with a change though, it loses the GBA slot and gains region lock. IMO that's not a good trade-off.

Anyway, I didn't know they even kept producing DS Lites. I proudly still own one (just like the one on the OP, black and blue) and will still own it even after I get a 3DS next week. As for other gamers, there's still the DSi and DSi XL if they want.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MigueelDnd said:
awssk8er said:
omgpwn666 said:
Yeah, DSi is better anyways.
I completely agree, but most people I know (Casual gamers) prefer the DS Lite because of the GBA slot, and the fact that they don't know what the DSi can do.
Or some of us don't see the DSi as a necessary update. It just features DSiWare, cameras, MP3 player and MP3 recorder IIRC. But that doesn't come with a change though, it loses the GBA slot and gains region lock. IMO that's not a good trade-off.

Anyway, I didn't know they even kept producing DS Lites. I proudly still own one (just like the one on the OP, black and blue) and will still own it even after I get a 3DS next week. As for other gamers, there's still the DSi and DSi XL if they want.
Well DSiWare is offering new games that cant be run on a DS Lite that was my reason to get a DSi XL and im happy with it way more than the lite.
It even doesnt keep getting hinge problems, better speakers, larger screens, shoulder buttons dont break as often and feels more solid.
I have a DSTWo so GBA is no problem to me

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
SamAsh07 said:

I see, maybe I'm lucky to have all 4 of my DS in perfect condition xP or it's just that I take care of them more than myself lol, cover them with cloth when not in use, use good screen cleaners, never let anyone touch my DS unless they clean their hands with soap especially if they just had lunch/dinner or coming from work/beach etc...I'm sure there are many freaks like me out there. Lol.
it's good to be careful who touches it, one time my friends brother played it and he was like stabbing the touch screen with the stylus.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crap. i gotta go buy a new one before they're all gone!
frown.gif

i have to replace my almost broken L button, broken hinge and worn D-pads (thanks to mario kart and animal crossing....)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch