Hacking DS-Link English version?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just rather thoughtlessly posted the below text in star0c3an's thread
Thought it could use a thread of it's own rather than hijacking his
wink.gif

I'm just after a confirmation or denial of the existance and release of an English version of the DS-Link. I've paid extra for one and want to make sure that I get what I'm paying for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope the DS-Link has been released in an english version because that's what I have being sent out to me from BambooGaming.com right now!

They however do not supply packaging, they were going to send it in the tin without the cardboard around it (the bit with chinese text) but have since stated that the DS-Link English version does not ship in the tin.

It does sound suspicious doesn't it..?

Here is a link to the bamboogaming.com page for the DS-Link where it states the English version doesn't come with the tin.

In addition to that info talking about the English version I had previously tried to get bamboogaming to price match psxbox.net's price as it was about $20 cheaper but in an email reply they state:
"We are not able to match it, because they sell Chinese version , but we sale English version. the net price is different."

So I really, really hope that the English version does exist, has been released and is on its way to me.

If anyone has direct confirmation that there is no English version out please post a reply with a link to the info, I made need it if this turns out bad..

All that said though I have been very happy with bamboogaming.com's email support so far. They have replied to each email I've sent promptly and in perfect English.
The order to delivery time seems slow and the postage cost was high, but they stated that on the website before I paid. I can't complain about it unless the delivery takes another week.

marzxbarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'pte' over at scdev did a little confirming about the english version of the DSLink
QUOTE said:
ÄúºÃ£¡

Ê×ÏȸÐлÄú¶ÔÎÒÃÇÍøÕ¾µÄ¹Ø×¢¡£

Thanks for your letter.I would like to answer your questions one by one.

Firstly,DSLink English ver.has been released before,with English software,English user guide and English core, which is not the same as Chinese ver.Our English website will be finished soon.Please visit www.ds-link.net in a few days later.

Secondly,Only www.ds-link.net is offical website, others are all fake,such as www.ds-links.com,www.dslink.net, please pay attention.

Finally,The price list of DSLink is:
42 USD/unit retail price
37 USD/unit above 10 units.
35 USD/unit above 100 units.

best regards

ÈçÓÐÒÉÎÊ£¬ÇëºÍÎÒÃÇÁªÏµ£ºµç×ÓÓʼþ:

Hmm. I didn't hear about the tinbox being canceled on the english version. I ordered mine on psxbox.net and after a week of waiting, they notified me saying that they've shipped an english version to me at no extra cost
biggrin.gif
(I ordered the chinese version).

shtonkalot

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks heaps for that marzxbarz.
I take it you are still waiting for yours to arrive then?

If you would can you please keep me informed of your progress in this thread? I'd like to know if you get the tin and what packaging, instructions and software you receive.

duinroosje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi,

i just recieved my english ds link from psxbox.net.

its dissapointing that it isnt the thin can.

just a paper box with an english manuel, card reader the dslink itself and cd

ill post pictures later on

dreary79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ordered mine from psxbox also... I hope I get the can.

duinroosje, do you notice any differences between the chinese version screenshots and the English one you got?

I'm also wonder where do fine firmware and client software updates for the DSLink.

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how did you guys get the english version of dslink from psxbox.net?

also i see is the chinese version when i browse that site

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I e-mailed them last week to get the english version, but they said they were out of stock, but I paid them anyway and they'll send me one as soon as they get them in.

duinroosje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ive ordered a chinese one on the first of september but they were out of stock.

last monday they recieved english ones so theve send me an english one.

software is easy to use and the newest mech warrior and the mario hoop 3 on 3 also works,
im gonna test some homebrew later.
lego star wars 2 isnt working at the moment but is works on my g6 lite
biggrin.gif

the english site for ds link is ds link site

here are some pics

small07.jpg

Small02.jpg

Small01.jpg

marzxbarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haven't received mine yet, but the box doesn't look bad. i didn't plan on using the tin can after taking the dslink out anyways =)

shtonkalot

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies everyone.
cool.gif

I'm feeling much happier knowing that others are getting their English DS-Links.

Looks like I've been worrying about nothing which is nice as I have been having a good customer experience with them so far. I should receive my DS-Link plus other goodies tomorrow.

Bit annoyed that they didn't match the psxbox price seeing as they are sending english versions for the same price. I'm sure I'll be happier tomorrow as long as the stuff comes!

duinroosje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the replies everyone.Â
cool.gif

I'm feeling much happier knowing that others are getting their English DS-Links.

Looks like I've been worrying about nothing which is nice as I have been having a good customer experience with them so far. I should receive my DS-Link plus other goodies tomorrow.

Bit annoyed that they didn't match the psxbox price seeing as they are sending english versions for the same price. I'm sure I'll be happier tomorrow as long as the stuff comes!

only thing is that i cant find updates so i cant play lego star wars 2 ,
cry.gif

the site says that there are updates but cant find the download,
im i stupid or am i looking on the wrong section on the ds-link.net website?

shtonkalot

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try this link duinroosje: http://www.dslink.cn/en/download.htm

I'm lead to believe that www.dslink.cn is the official site for the DS-Link.

**update**
seems I was wrong and that as marzxbarz's post stated, www.ds-link.net IS the official site. That's what is written on the DS-link cart itself.

shtonkalot

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But is the firmware/client software of the dslink affected by whether it's english or chinese?
I believe so, that link was to the english dslink page on dslink.cn though. I would like to think it has software/firmware for the english version cart... I hope!

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey does anyone know if I have a Slot 2 flashcart in my DS along with a DS Link can I access both? I want the DS Link for DS games and homebrew, and a G6 lite for GBA games.

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Try this link duinroosje: http://www.dslink.cn/en/download.htm

I'm lead to believe that www.dslink.cn is the official site for the DS-Link.

Only www.ds-link.net is the official site. It is in English as well (the grammar and spelling are a zillion times better). What I know is that www.dslink.cn might be a reseller/wholeseller of some sort. I emailed DYI(the manufacturer), like you can see in a post above, and they stated that they are the only official site there is. The rest are unofficial and if they might try to scam people.

www.gbalink.net is the same as DYI, their previous work and www.ds-link.net leads to the never site. That ds-link.net used to mirror to gbalink but after I got a receive from their email it had a new English site over there.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think the chinese version is locked so you can only put chinese firmware updates on it
frown.gif

And when I have both DS-link + slot2 card in my ds lite, i cannot access the ds-link, unless i take out my slot2 card
frown.gif

shtonkalot

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can someone with the DS-Link cart have a look on the instructions and packaging and see if you can find a website URL?

I cannot access either www.ds-link.net or www.gbalink.net and have been unable to since last night.

dreary79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...