Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just booted a CodeBreaker on my 3DS using a converted DSiEnhanced game! That's big! Because this means super old stuff like the original R4 can get around the integrity checks from CTR mode!

Dude, if you save my original Supercard DS One v3... I will love you ;)

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know....All I know is my CodeBreaker booted and appears to work just like it did on the DS.
you could try to boot a dsi game, from what I know there is atleast one dsi only game, if it boots propperly, it should be in dsi mode, if not it could be, that the flashcard firmware loads it wrong, or that it bootet into the normal ds mode.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Actually I used Mario vs Donkey Kong. I don't think it really matters what game though. I may just modify a normal DSiWare app to do this instead since I believe the game type in the NDS header section that fools it into booting slot-1 is what's doing this. What ever content the DSIWare game had is irrelevant after that. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Sitri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I used Mario vs Donkey Kong. I don't think it really matters what game though. I may just modify a normal DSiWare app to do this instead since I believe the game type in the NDS header section that fools it into booting slot-1.
I've been skimming through the past few pages after last night, and I'm not 100% sure of how this works. Does this load through emuNAND, or are you installing the cia directly into the sysNAND?

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone should test the DSiWare app trick with a old DS Supercard, or anything else that has a proper banner and does not forcefully autoboot.

Last edited by TuxSH,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess we tried to figure out DS title booting in DSiWare... and got something completely different - a DS cart booter. That's actually really damn cool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1