Country
United States
Last edited by RocketRobz,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone take time to give description to the DS homebrew apps in this link? I am not familiar to DS homebrew app so not sure which does what?

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the end goal to have all of the DS homebrew able to launch from current 1.1.1 homebrew launcher, and to be able to play DS games from an sd without a flashcart?

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Build it yourself. If you're unwilling or uncapable of doing so, just leave those that are capable of it to do so in their own time. Badgering people won't make it release any quicker.
True. So I bought a flashcart.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't seem to get DScraft to launch using nds_hb_menu, any ideas?
I'm using the latest nds-bootstrap and nds_hb_menu.
Use Nitro version. Or juste use 3DScraft no ?

kenjiehimura96

Trophies
XP
Country
At the risk of looking dumb.
Can't we convert a DS rom to somewhat of a DSi?

As far as I've understood DSi games work? Just as long as they are not catridge games. I was wondering though if it could be possible?
Though I think that would have to tinker much with the game rom itself and each game might be programmed individually.

Just thought to edit the rom themselves as well, maybe some added codes to the header/start of the game redirect the data to itself rather than the flashcart.

PS: I'm not a program or hacker so go easy ;w;
Just a thought~

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the risk of looking dumb.
Can't we convert a DS rom to somewhat of a DSi?

As far as I've understood DSi games work? Just as long as they are not catridge games. I was wondering though if it could be possible?
Though I think that would have to tinker much with the game rom itself and each game might be programmed individually.

Just thought to edit the rom themselves as well, maybe some added codes to the header/start of the game redirect the data to itself rather than the flashcart.

PS: I'm not a program or hacker so go easy ;w;
Just a thought~
No it won't work, you'll get a whitescreen. Even if it did work, we would have a limit on how big the games could be (thanks to the NAND.)

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a stupid question, but is there any benefit to using a DS homebrew on 3DS over using it on a DS? I mean, if I ran an emulator that was written for the DS, it won't run any better on 3DS than it would if I just ran it on my DS Lite? Just a little curious because a number of homebrew programs that were listed to work were emulators, and I don't personally see the point of running a DS-designed emulator on a 3DS when you can just run a 3DS-designed emulator for what I would assume would be better performance. I can understand the benefits from the development point of view, but not so much on the end-user side.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably a stupid question, but is there any benefit to using a DS homebrew on 3DS over using it on a DS? I mean, if I ran an emulator that was written for the DS, it won't run any better on 3DS than it would if I just ran it on my DS Lite? Just a little curious because a number of homebrew programs that were listed to work were emulators, and I don't personally see the point of running a DS-designed emulator on a 3DS when you can just run a 3DS-designed emulator for what I would assume would be better performance. I can understand the benefits from the development point of view, but not so much on the end-user side.
DS and 3DS are different systems, a more powerful hardware doesn't equal to better emulation, good examples are NeoDS and Gameyob.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof