Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it be an exploit for a system application?
Nope. It's an exploit for a pre-installed game.
>DS Download Play is a system application, but runs downloads in NTR (DS Mode)
Yes, I know that this approach was used instead, but why? I asked before in the Discord, but ya never replied to me. I only know that you said that: "It was originally going to be for a game." But what dsiware game? The people who have been following this thread need a proper answer to this, either by @Robz8 (who had hyped up the thread) or @shutterbug2000 , the developer of HaxxStation, or @Gericom if he knew about this.

To anyone still wondering about the exploit, here it is!
Introducing HaxxStation!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/haxxstation-ds-download-station-exploit.473648/

The pre-installed app is DS Download Play, and it's on every DSi system!
It's no dsihax though, but with HaxxStation, you can run homebrew (and eventually retail, via a wireless bootstrap) ROMs without a flashcard (aside from the one used by the DS as server), or an SD card!

This is not the exploit you were talking about. This is something completely different, so why say it is?

To be honest, an exploit in DS Download Play is nice... for DS homebrew... and some retail games... and speaking of retail games... what about the limitations? DSi exclusive titles? Games with large sizes? Ram and hardware limitations? Transfer speeds from download play? Load speeds?

It was a real disappointment to learn that the dsimode exploit was dropped. If the game was either the dsi browser (not really a game, but meh) or flipnote (kind of a game, maybe), it might probability revive the dead DSi in some way because most late DSi consoles have those two titles installed. And for those who don't have Sudokuhax or any other known exploitable title, the only option left is to hardmod and have some exportable dsi title to install Sudoku. If the developer cannot continue working on it, I ask for the title and vulnerability to be released in hopes that someone else can develop a successful method.

This is like a company going to E3, saying that X game is going to be released but in fact Y is released instead and X is dropped.

Last edited by Thunder Hawk,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>DS Download Play is a system application, but runs downloads in NTR (DS Mode)
Yes, I know that this approach was used instead, but why? I asked before in the Discord, but ya never replied to me. I only know that you said that: "It was originally going to be for a game." But what dsiware game? The people who have been following this thread need a proper answer to this, either by @Robz8 (who had hyped up the thread) or @shutterbug2000 , the developer of HaxxStation, or @Gericom if he knew about this.
The DSi exploit is still in development/needs it's issues fixed. The app will either be a DSiWare game or a system app (such as DSi Sound, System Settings, maybe even the System Menu).
This is not the exploit you were talking about. This is something completely different, so why say it is?

To be honest, an exploit in DS Download Play is nice... for DS homebrew... and some retail games... and speaking of retail games... what about the limitations? DSi exclusive titles? Games with large sizes? Ram and hardware limitations? Transfer speeds from download play? Load speeds?
DSi Exclusive Titles won't work, due to it running in DS mode, of course.
Games with any size will work. Just a matter of loading some data from the ROM.
I'm sure the load speeds will be like the same as the speeds from nds-bootstrap 0.2.0, but data cache won't be possible, due to, once again, DS mode.
It was a real disappointment to learn that the dsimode exploit was dropped. If the game was either the dsi browser (not really a game, but meh) or flipnote (kind of a game, maybe), it might probability revive the dead DSi in some way because most late DSi consoles have those two titles installed. And for those who don't have Sudokuhax or any other known exploitable title, the only option left is to hardmod and have some exportable dsi title to installed Sudoku. If the developer cannot continue working on it, I ask for the title and vulnerability to be released in hopes that someone else can develop a successful method.

This is like a company going to E3, saying that X game is going to be released but in fact Y is released instead and X is dropped.
Don't worry, the exploit is not dropped.

We'll soon have other ways to run SRLoader, so don't worry everyone!

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSi exploit is still in development. The app will either be a DSiWare game or a system app (such as DSi Sound, System Settings, maybe even the System Menu).

DSi Exclusive Titles won't work, due to it running in DS mode, of course.
Games with any size will work. Just a matter of loading some data from the ROM.
I'm sure the load speeds will be like the same as the speeds from nds-bootstrap 0.2.0, but data cache won't be possible, due to, once again, DS mode.

Don't worry, the exploit is not dropped.

We'll soon have other ways to run SRLoader, so don't worry everyone!
Finally, an answer! :D

Flashed

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
To anyone still wondering about the exploit, it's still needs it's issues fixed, but here's another exploit!
Introducing HaxxStation!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/haxxstation-ds-download-station-exploit.473648/

It uses DS Download Play, and it's on every DSi system!
It's no dsihax though, but with HaxxStation, you can run homebrew (and eventually retail, via a wireless bootstrap) ROMs without a flashcard (aside from the one used by the DS as server), or an SD card!

LOL The exploits are arriving like +10 years later, but better later than never. You're doing a really good job!

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an exploited DSiWare app installed? If so you can downgrade your DS cart White list. You first have to get fwtool 1.6 and dump your nand, get the keys needed to decrypt it (FWTool can dump nand CID, consoleID can be retrieved by exporting a game to SD from Data Management and using dsi_srl_extractor on it. (that can be found in the DSi Downgrade thread)

You would then decrypt the nand, replce the SRL in the TWLN partition (via some file manager like WinImage or by mounting it via osfmount or some other virtual device mounter. Linux has native tools for this too) re-encrypt and then flash it back using fwtool.

Also if you go through the trouble of downgrading your system from 1.4.2 to 1.4, you can then use modified DS Cart White list which would allow you to white list flashcarts that use custom icons and what not. This may not allow booting really old carts that use bad arm7 ram/code entry addresses, but some carts like AceKard 2i on older internal fw to work. :D
Would it be possible to use fwtool with the newly released HaxxStation exploit? If it's NTR mode only, would it be possible to break out of it and access the NAND? I really wish I could use my acekard clone on my DSi again.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to use fwtool with the newly released HaxxStation exploit? If it's NTR mode only, would it be possible to break out of it and access the NAND? I really wish I could use my acekard clone on my DSi again.

No. There is no way to switch back to TWL mode after going into NTR mode and NTR mode dose not have SD access.

But if you have a rom dump of that Acekard you can boot the acekard with a rom of that cart sent over to the DSi vai HaxxStation. (just make sure the Acekard is inserted into the DSi before you start DS Download Play)

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No. There is no way to switch back to TWL mode after going into NTR mode and NTR mode dose not have SD access.

But if you have a rom dump of that Acekard you can boot the acekard with a rom of that cart sent over to the DSi vai HaxxStation. (just make sure the Acekard is inserted into the DSi before you start DS Download Play)
Thanks for the help.
What could I use to dump it? Godmode9 shows an empty cartridge:
upload_2017-6-10_1-8-38.jpeg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?