Alex666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi there
hope its the right section and all since its my first thread on gbatemp ^^
im so stupid i dropped my nds lite in a bucket with water... dont ask.
anyways it didnt turn on after that just the lights flashing like wild.
i opened it but one screw wouldnt open so i just tried to blow in some warm air from a hair dryer
i closed it again and now it sometimes works and sometimes not with random freezes and black screens
the lights for power and charging arent working correctly. charching is on everytime and power is flashing when turned on.
AND it wont turn off with the switch the only way is to take out the battery...
the upper screen has somehow water in it... it looks like it.. but it works
and the sound is fucked up: scratchy but im ok with it...

so this was my story...
is there any way to get it to work like normally?
i dont want to depend on luck if i can play a game longer than 5 minutes or not
frown.gif

thanks for reading
greetz alex

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you should have grabbed it strait out of the bucket rushed to get the battery out then dismantle it completely and leave the parts in front of a fan for a 24-48 hours then re assemble and play
biggrin.gif
worked fine for my water logged netbook
yay.gif

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I think the motherboard is damaged, and I think Ninty does not take it(if you have warranty) Maybe they want to repair it for you but it will cost some money. But its water damage, who knows what happened to it.

~Alex

edit: listen to the guy up me it may work!

Alex666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vergilite said:
you should have grabbed it strait out of the bucket rushed to get the battery out then dismantle it completely and leave the parts in front of a fan for a 24-48 hours then re assemble and play
biggrin.gif
yay.gif

hmm maybe ill try again to dismantle it and do so ^^ the problem is this one stupid tri-wing screw it just wont get out of there
frown.gif
only got one screwdriver and its a cheep piece of shit ^^ but thanks for your answer
smile.gif

anyone thinks that nintendo would just give me a new one? since its just a lite not even a DSi.. with the 3DS comming they should do this
biggrin.gif

EDIT: thank you too dark langin ill try it again with opening it and i dont know but i think warranty is already gone
frown.gif

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alex666 said:
vergilite said:
biggrin.gif
yay.gif

hmm maybe ill try again to dismantle it and do so ^^ the problem is this one stupid tri-wing screw it just wont get out of there
frown.gif
only got one screwdriver and its a cheep piece of shit ^^ but thanks for your answer
smile.gif

anyone thinks that nintendo would just give me a new one? since its just a lite not even a DSi.. with the 3DS comming they should do this
biggrin.gif

EDIT: thank you too dark langin ill try it again with opening it and i dont know but i think warranty is already gone
frown.gif

Waterdamge? nintendo? warrenty? NO... sorry

edit: asked my friend that works for nintendo: Nope we will not take any ds(even with warranty) if it is broken by water dAMaGE

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Take the battery out, get a sealable container fill it with rice put the ds in (so its open)seal it and wait at least a week take it out and try it again should remove nearly if not all water from your screen and any water that is left

Alex666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@ dark langin: hm thought so... still not able to get this f**** open xD this one screw is totally damaged.. got no grip
frown.gif

@ cobleman: rice? for real? ok will try it
smile.gif
thank you for your help
smile.gif

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Alex666 said:
@ dark langin: hm thought so... still not able to get this f**** open xD this one screw is totally damaged.. got no grip
frown.gif

smile.gif
thank you for your help
smile.gif
Yes for real my daughter left her ipod in her bag at school and it was totaly f%$ed by rain water all in the screen wouldnt even start done this little trick with it and after a week she was useing it again

Alex666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cobleman said:
Alex666 said:
frown.gif

smile.gif
thank you for your help
smile.gif

Yes for real my daughter left her ipod in her bag at school and it was totaly f%$ed by rain water all in the screen wouldnt even start done this little trick with it and after a week she was useing it again

QUOTE(Rydian @ Jul 13 2010, 01:18 PM)
It needs to be UNCOOKED rice. Still hard/raw. It'll absorb the moisture over time.

sounds good and reasonable think ill try it since i cant get this screw out
frown.gif
when everything fails ill try to take it to "games garden" its a lilttle gaming shop that used to put mod chips into ps2 and stuff maybe they can help
smile.gif
but thanks for all your answers =)

EDIT: cracked it open xD and literally CRACKED! pure violence! drilling machine ftw! stupid screw!
biggrin.gif

anyway ill let it open in the wind floating through the rooms and then ill try to reassemble the parts
smile.gif
thanks for all your help after reassembling it ill put it into rice
wink.gif
just bought 1 kg
biggrin.gif

Alex666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cobleman said:
Take the battery out, get a sealable container fill it with rice put the ds in (so its open)seal it and wait at least a week take it out and try it again should remove nearly if not all water from your screen and any water that is left

omg thank you so much! the water is out of the screen and i think the battery is damaged since it looks like it works with another battery
smile.gif

so thank you the rice really saved my life
biggrin.gif

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alex666 said:
cobleman said:

omg thank you so much! the water is out of the screen and i think the battery is damaged since it looks like it works with another battery
smile.gif

so thank you the rice really saved my life
biggrin.gif

meh... YOur life? you mean your ds its life!
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7