ROM Hack DS Auto Trainer Maker (DSATM)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what caused that one. Looks like it was going fine until a fairly late stage in the process. You can try another game maybe but I am at a loss right now short of hacking it manually.

Re onedrive they do make it harder to do on modern Windows -- install it from the start, make most of the quick links reference it rather than the main hard drive such that unless you lose it from the start you are in for a fun time, and it is worse if you have one of those silly small drive tablets or whatever.

ERileyBaker12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess that means I'm stuck getting one skill point per level again, since I'm so not paying $40 for a barely functioning Action Replay.

And as for OneDrive... yeah that does sound like a pain in the ass

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I guess that means I'm stuck getting one skill point per level again, since I'm so not paying $40 for a barely functioning Action Replay.

And as for OneDrive... yeah that does sound like a pain in the ass
Can you not emulate it and transfer the save back after a suitable time (maybe even modifying the cheat -- 2x likely means there is a shift put in to do it, there/that is also a reason such cheats tend to end up 2x,4x,8x,16x,32x... in the progression if you have a selection of them)? Bit of a grind session with the turbo button held down and you are back to not noticing for many levels.
https://doc.kodewerx.org/hacking_nds.html if you are not familiar with DS cheat formats. If it is a straight write then we do potentially have other options as well; if it is a simple write then chances are it edits the binary in memory which means you can replicate that easily enough yourself to hardpatch it in.

Equally are action replays that much these days? I pass them up all the time hoping to find one of the ones with a debugger option and they are way less than that when I go looking.

I do also have to ask what you have that allows you to run ROMs, ponder an action replay in this (sometimes bad phone emulators don't have cheats and thus necessitate this) but not have cheats.

ERileyBaker12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you not emulate it and transfer the save back after a suitable time (maybe even modifying the cheat -- 2x likely means there is a shift put in to do it, there/that is also a reason such cheats tend to end up 2x,4x,8x,16x,32x... in the progression if you have a selection of them)? Bit of a grind session with the turbo button held down and you are back to not noticing for many levels.
if you are not familiar with DS cheat formats. If it is a straight write then we do potentially have other options as well; if it is a simple write then chances are it edits the binary in memory which means you can replicate that easily enough yourself to hardpatch it in.

Equally are action replays that much these days? I pass them up all the time hoping to find one of the ones with a debugger option and they are way less than that when I go looking.

I do also have to ask what you have that allows you to run ROMs, ponder an action replay in this (sometimes bad phone emulators don't have cheats and thus necessitate this) but not have cheats.
I used DeSmuMe to run roms, and that has an AR built into it. But since keyboard and mouse aren't as good as actual DS hardware, I've been trying to find a way to keep the cheats on actual DS hardware.

And yes, when I look on Amazon, DS ARs are between $20 and $40

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There might be a way to use the DS as a remote control, though I have not looked into that for a while. That said this is not play for fun, just play enough (with turbo button held down -- 300% speed, possibly with infinite health/savestates to undo mistakes, means 3 hours of gameplay happens in 1) that you gain the few levels (possibly with 32x skill points per level or something ridiculous) to chuck the save back on something and enjoy the mid-late stage content with a nicely levelled character, maybe also breezing through whatever early game content you have remaining.

Equally if hardware is a thing and you have even a basic flash cart that somehow does not do cheats (but can run a late stage game like this) you do also have the option for http://www.chishm.com/NitroHax/index.html to fake being an AR for the original game thing if nothing else.

ERileyBaker12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There might be a way to use the DS as a remote control, though I have not looked into that for a while. That said this is not play for fun, just play enough (with turbo button held down -- 300% speed, possibly with infinite health/savestates to undo mistakes, means 3 hours of gameplay happens in 1) that you gain the few levels (possibly with 32x skill points per level or something ridiculous) to chuck the save back on something and enjoy the mid-late stage content with a nicely levelled character, maybe also breezing through whatever early game content you have remaining.

Equally if hardware is a thing and you have even a basic flash cart that somehow does not do cheats (but can run a late stage game like this) you do also have the option for to fake being an AR for the original game thing if nothing else.
The grinding thing sounds like a good idea. I'll probably do that for a while.

Thanks for your help
Post automatically merged:

Update: I got a tad bit carried away and I managed to defeat the first stratum boss while "grinding"

Lmao

Last edited by ERileyBaker12,

FxbixSCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not sure what caused that one. Looks like it was going fine until a fairly late stage in the process. You can try another game maybe but I am at a loss right now short of hacking it manually.

Re onedrive they do make it harder to do on modern Windows -- install it from the start, make most of the quick links reference it rather than the main hard drive such that unless you lose it from the start you are in for a fun time, and it is worse if you have one of those silly small drive tablets or whatever.
Nvermind.

Last edited by FxbixSCP,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c