ROM Hack DS Auto Trainer Maker (DSATM)

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Load the unpatched game, choose the name to save as, copy the code to the clipboard, click Clipboard, check the code in the listbox, then Patch Game.

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v5.0 bug I found: In some games (I think some, since I only found it in J!US English Patch) when you're scrolling down the Database cheat list and reach a certain point (about 60% of the way down the scroll bar), DSATM crashes. I think this happens for some other games and cheat lists.

I was able to successfully use it on most of my games, so that's why I only said some.

Xer0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used the DSATM in the past with great sucess, but as of late I have run into a problem. Every time I try to load a code through the database, clipboard, or as a text file I get an error report pop up and DSATM crashes. I have tried it on two seperate computers with the same result. Any and all help with this will be appreciated.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the lack of an update. I got sidetracked a while back and then somewhat forgot about the problem.
rolleyes.gif

The crashing problems when loading codes should be fixed now.

quezcotl

Trophies
XP
Country
princerouge said:
When i press ''Patch Game'' button, it crash back to windows with no error message.

Mine said "not responding" then 3 sec later it said "patch sucessfully" and now I been playing for 5 hours without any problems
yaynds.gif

Syzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just a question cracker, can you add an option to NOT trim the rom, or is that not possible? 'cuz with some ROMs, DSATM somehow OVERtrims them and i think my TWEWY rom has been slightly overtrimmed cuz it randomly seems to be unable to recognize the save file sometimes...

so will there be an option to trim the rom or not, assuming there will be an update?

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did a test and it trims to the proper length (not the ROM length in the header but including the download play data). I would guess it is something with the cart/media you are using and would suggest backing up the saves, formatting, extracting fresh copies of the games and firmware back onto the media.

Syzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well DAM YOU N-card, gotta stick with it for the rest of my life
ohnoes.png
(i want a cyclo ds)
its just that there was this time where after patching, i couldn't play this certain game (it was only that one, i think it was mario rpg3.) and when i checked it by using another NDS trimmer, it came up with "ROM OVERTRIMMED, PLEASE GET A NEW ROM AND RETRY" or something like that, which got me worried. Though that was a long time ago.

as for the firmware, how do i know im using the latest for my N-card? (It says STABLE 1.23 on top right of top screen)

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, the reason why it told you it was overtrimmed was because it didn't find the expected padding (usually a string of FFs but sometimes 00s) because DSATM doesn't pad anything after the cheat functions.

This page has the 'most recent' fw/menu links on it but the last update was from 2008. I would highly suggest getting an AK2i so you could use AKAIO and avoid headaches.

Syzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New problem:
The feature to choose if the cheats are activated when the game loads or not doesnt always work i.e. i pick 'no' but the cheats still activate when the game is loaded.
i've been only using 2 cheats for the game TWEWY:

CODE
[Set cash code]
94000130 FDDB0000
5206ACF0 00000001
02071D1C 0001869F
D2000000 00000000
94000130 FDEB0000
5206ACF0 00000001
02071D1C 000F423F
D2000000 00000000
94000130 FDBB0000
5206ACF0 00000001
02071D1C 0098967F
D2000000 00000000

[Get 1000 Total PP from shutdown, mingle and after battles]
92066A30 0000002C
123A2BD8 000003E8
D2000000 00000000

although this problem has occured on some other games, it wasn't a big deal and neither is this, but i like to know if there's a solution to this as i find it very difficult to make pressing LRB a habit on every TWEWY load.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will check into it when I am able to sit at my desktop (severe back problems currently). It should be an easy bugfix.

Also the key combos to enable/disable can be used at any time during the game so you won't miss your chance to do it until (in this case) your save is loaded.

benj2602

Trophies
XP
Country
hey, i know this thread probably hasnt been read for ages but i am using dsatm and am trying to patch cheats to a hacked version of pokemon white; pokemon volt white. my problem is that every time i use a text file for the cheats and try to patch the game just ticking the trainer and enable boxes, when i play the game using desmume the screen just stays white. i am confused because when i play the non-patched game on desmume and use AR codes it works just fine.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got into the scene late so I just found this program yesterday. I just tried a slow motion patch on Cocoto Kart Racer and it works flawlessly. This program is so easy to use, and as far as I can tell it works fantastic. Nice work cracker! :D

Rizaria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey, i know this thread probably hasnt been read for ages but i am using dsatm and am trying to patch cheats to a hacked version of pokemon white; pokemon volt white. my problem is that every time i use a text file for the cheats and try to patch the game just ticking the trainer and enable boxes, when i play the game using desmume the screen just stays white. i am confused because when i play the non-patched game on desmume and use AR codes it works just fine.

Same here, can anyone offer any advice? Shelled out for what I thought was a good flashcart which turned out to be the "GMP-Z003" card which just seems to refuse to use cheats..so wanted to use this to patch a couple -literally 2- cheats into Pokemon White. The game works fine un-patched, white screen on Desmume and crashes on No$ after patching with this program

Are there different settings to use for this rom in particular? Seems to work with others just fine. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Reactions: 1 person

cheunge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Judging by what I've read, it is possible say to use this to apply cheats onto an .nds file which then can be transferred into my iPad for use on my DS emulator? (Excuse my uncertainty!)

If so... What do I assign as my donor.nds/donor.bin? Also, the program says I'm missing DSATM.INI. What is that?

cheunge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh never mind! I solved it myself! im able to implement and activate the hacks on the ds emulator DesmuME! i have a new problem though, when i transfer the .nds file to my iPad, i cant seem to activate the cheats then :( the file remains an .nds the whole way through. the emulator on my ipad is called nds4ios. it has no cheat support functions.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry to the dum, but I can't seem to get it working (I'm using the 5.1 DSATM).
Trying to patch the AP Fix code of Dragon Quest 5 inside the rom itself but my R4 (R4I SDHC 3DS RTS) crash when I try to load it.
Any ideas, maybe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: