DS #5174: Final Fantasy - The Four Heroes of Light (USA)

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
sorrycostello said:
The music in this game is so mediocre... It just isn't Final Fantasy without Nobuo Uematsu.
Actually I think the music is pretty good, only it comes out a bit hampered by the 8-bit-ness of it. Have you played FF I-III on NES? They have great soundtracks even with the 8-bit-ness of them. To each their own I guess.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I play this, is this an original title or is it a remake of a previous title? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
YAY!!!
yaynds.gif
finally.I'll try this right away.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
OMG this is bull!

They ruined the tittle screen sign!

The Japanese version was Black on White background. It was simplistic, and threw you back to the first Final Fantasy games on the NES. But this stupid Gold Sign is ugly compared to the black sign. I want to hack the tittle screen sign and insert the translated version of the Japanese sign into the game.

Also, is it just me, or does the tittle theme of this game sound similar to the ending theme of Zelda III: Link to the Past?

The first part of the tune after the intro verse sounds just like it in a way!

I dare you, play the HNYS theme right next to the ending theme form Zelda 3 where it shows The King!

Oh dangit, I played the Japanese version a bit too much, I am so used to calling this game HIKARI NO YON SENSHI: FOUR WARRIORS OF LIGHT. I swear if I review this game, I am going to mess up and call this game THE FOUR WARRIORS OF LIGHT and all the haters are gonna spam IT IS HEROES NOT WARRIORS!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
OMG this is bull!

The Japanese version was Black on White background. It was simplistic, and threw you back to the first Final Fantasy games on the NES. But this stupid Gold Sign is ugly compared to the black sign. I want to hack the tittle screen sign and insert the translated version of the Japanese sign into the game.

Also, is it just me, or does the tittle theme of this game sound similar to the ending theme of Zelda III: Link to the Past?

I dare you, play the HNYS theme right next to the ending theme form Zelda 3 where it shows The King!

Oh dangit, I played the Japanese version a bit too much, I am so used to calling this game HIKARI NO YON SENSHI: FOUR WARRIORS OF LIGHT. I swear if I review this game, I am going to mess up and call this game THE FOUR WARRIORS OF LIGHT and all the haters are gonna spam IT IS HEROES NOT WARRIORS!

A title screen seems like a small thing to get so upset about.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
DJ91990 said:
OMG this is bull!

I'm pretty sure they put that gold font as a homage to FFIV, VI and Legends I-III's font.
Also, it's silly how you call it Hikari no Yon Senshi: Four Warriors of Light, since you're saying the same thing twice, on different languages; the official japanese name is Hikari no Yon Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I know right.
It became a habit though, dangit.

One more thing I forgot to mention;
IF YOU WISH TO SAVE! JUST ASK PROF LAYTON'S BROTHER!
Also pet his pet; TEH YIFFY FOX!! You talk to Yiffy and it says Yiff, so dang cute, right?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
OMG this is bull!

what's next it's ruined because it's not in japanese??
and it's Hikari no Yon Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden.
not HIKARI NO YON SENSHI: FOUR WARRIORS OF LIGHT

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
I know right.
It became a habit though, dangit.

One more thing I forgot to mention;
IF YOU WISH TO SAVE! JUST ASK PROF LAYTON'S BROTHER!
Also pet his pet; TEH YIFFY FOX!! You talk to Yiffy and it says Yiff, so dang cute, right?

What?

BrokenWolfDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those interested in a dump with no Intro

If you google - ff 4 heroes of light rom with no intro - you can find a "video/tube" link by TruegamerGirl entitled "Final Fantasy The 4 Heroes of Light Rom Download LEGIT! MU/MF! "

That link has both the intro by venom and a no intro version

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BrokenWolfDS said:
-snipped-

I don't really download from random sites like that too many virus
I stick to one source, and they always have clean dump
this one was the only exception..but sooner or later they'll have a clean dump
and the intro don't bother me

BrokenWolfDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what you mean, all I can say is that I found the same link in the same site where I found the original dump by Venom...so I think it is safe. In any case, Have fun guys!...and girls!

wafflestick

(insert title here)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now to wait for lufia: curse of the senistrels, golden sun ds, recoded in english, and pokemon B & W in english

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
.Darky said:
The .nds file I got is only 42.2 MB. I wonder if this is the right one. >_>

Well, unrar it, and test on an emulator before you put it on a cart.

Znip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got it this morning, seems to boot fine on DSTWO.
I'll give it a try after work and buy it tommorow if it's any good.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...