DS #5174: Final Fantasy - The Four Heroes of Light (USA)

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
There's a clean (untrimmered and, of course, unpatched) version making the rounds. With AKAIO v1.7.1 there's a save issue. But it works fine with Supercard DSTwo.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
joshua8 said:
what carts is this confirmed working on?
I will test it on Sakura and touch-pod if no-one else has...
It works on the latest touchpod. It should work on every card seeing as it's already cracked.

Clookster said:
Errr. Just one really stupid question... The EUR-ROM won't contain other languages as english? The game is not translated? Then it's useless to wait for the EUR-ROM..?
It probably will, every other DS SE game has, so why wouldn't this one?

QUOTE(shakirmoledina @ Oct 8 2010, 05:01 AM)
a great game release... this game made me think
did u notice that almost every console which has a "final fantasy" has one of their games in the top ten?
from gamefaqs (as some call it a nintendo forum)
eg. DS - this game (although i thought prev there was ff4 and ff3... pokemon domination)
iPhone - FF1 and FF2 (even beats angry birds)
PC - FF14 (just released i guess)
PS2 - FF12 and 10 (top 2)
PS3 - FF13 (the only ff on it)
PSP - Dissidia FF (technically it has the FF name)
GBA - FF1, 2, 6 Advance and Tactics
SNES - FF3, 2 and 5 (ff3 even beats zelda on a nintendo console... cataclysm)

the consoles which do not have are wii and xbox

the question is why? anywayz this game is really different from what SE has produced in terms of FF and hoping to see it deliver
PS - Few ppl viewing compared to black and white
Well, they don't have it in their top ten now but when FFCCMLAAK, FFCCEOT, FFCCMLAAD and FFCCTCB were released, all of them were on the top ten for quite a while. Same with FFXIII for 360.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely a bit different so far than what I was expecting. The difficulty seems about on par with what I expected, but the simplicity of the battle menu gives me some pause. No option to guard, no option to run, and you can't choose which enemy to attack. I don't know...I think maybe they streamlined it a bit too much. Still, it's Matrix, so I'll give it at least a good 10 hours before I throw in the towel.

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GeekyGuy said:
It's definitely a bit different so far than what I was expecting. The difficulty seems about on par with what I expected, but the simplicity of the battle menu gives me some pause. No option to guard, no option to run, and you can't choose which enemy to attack. I don't know...I think maybe they streamlined it a bit too much. Still, it's Matrix, so I'll give it at least a good 10 hours before I throw in the towel.

You get the runaway option after you get the first crown.

I love the graphics, it's like wandering through a watercolour painting.

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
br0br0 said:
Clongetty said:
I can't believe that some people are pissed off by the intros...

Every games that had been cracked by the scene back in the days on computer always had cracktro and no one complained. what the hell is up with this generation of gamer. No respect for the scene.

True dat,.. . .. Nice throw back jam, scene style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6jNosHmHG8&t=0m53s

Yes matey! God old BOMNB THE FUCKIN BASS CRU !!!
I havto fire p WINUAE
grog.gif

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Goli said:
Clookster said:
Errr. Just one really stupid question... The EUR-ROM won't contain other languages as english? The game is not translated? Then it's useless to wait for the EUR-ROM..?
According to Amazon and the NFO of Final_Fantasy_The_Four_Heroes_of_Light_EUR_NDS-ABSTRAKT it's English only. :/

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
CrimzonEyed said:
When i have battled and the loot screen shows, how do i loot the gems? do i need a special bag to be able to loot gems? i have not been able to loot gems so far. (i think... havn't seen any gems in inventory)
It shows them when you sell at the shop.
There is no other way to see if you have gems? o.O

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Had my first random freeze with Wood R4. right outside the cave on my way back with the princess.
happend in combat when i got a critical strike. (i have crited befor without freeze)

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
CrimzonEyed said:
Depravo said:
CrimzonEyed said:
When i have battled and the loot screen shows, how do i loot the gems? do i need a special bag to be able to loot gems? i have not been able to loot gems so far. (i think... havn't seen any gems in inventory)
It shows them when you sell at the shop.
There is no other way to see if you have gems? o.O

You can see all your gems by going to the crowns menu for your characters and selecting to enhance the crown. There you'll see how many gems you've collected.

EDIT: Doesn't really matter if you're getting random freezes, sorry.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
SignZ said:
Goli said:
Clookster said:
According to Amazon and the NFO of Final_Fantasy_The_Four_Heroes_of_Light_EUR_NDS-ABSTRAKT it's English only. :/
Yup i tried this one and it's english only, well that's too bad for us, PAL fail again.

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The is simple, nice, hard, beautiful, and strategic
Play this game!!

Hmmm... a question, when Runefactory 3 is launch?

stefan_skellen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
CrimzonEyed said:
Had my first random freeze with Wood R4. right outside the cave on my way back with the princess.
happend in combat when i got a critical strike. (i have crited befor without freeze)

Same here, in the hometown, exiting inn.
Using venom rom with intro removed if it matters.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I had high expectations of this game. Then I tried it. Thought the character art looked odd, and the colors seemed a bit too dark, hoped this would change once the game started. Well, it didn't, and the graphical style turns me off massively to this game. I find the music so far to be incredibly underwhelming. The tune in the first town can't compare to a normal FF town tune. The tunes on the overworld and in battle don't fit well either. Anyways, I started the game and went to the king, who told me to go kill some witch to the north and save his princess daughter, who I named earlier. So I walk to the north into the most ridiculously dark cave I have ever seen in a video game. I have to squint and stare hard at the screen to see the walls. (I hope there's a torch or something that I can get) Then I go to the second floor. One of the guys I named pops out of nowhere basically saying "You need magic!", and then I'm attacked by a Minotaur, which easily wiped the floor with my two party members, sending my main character back to town alone. This is when I turned off the game.

Am I just being too harsh? I might give this game another chance tonight, but I have difficulty being patient with it when the art style and music turn me off to it so much.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
PeregrinFig said:
Ok, so I had high expectations of this game. Then I tried it. Thought the character art looked odd, and the colors seemed a bit too dark, hoped this would change once the game started. Well, it didn't, and the graphical style turns me off massively to this game. I find the music so far to be incredibly underwhelming. The tune in the first town can't compare to a normal FF town tune. The tunes on the overworld and in battle don't fit well either. Anyways, I started the game and went to the king, who told me to go kill some witch to the north and save his princess daughter, who I named earlier. So I walk to the north into the most ridiculously dark cave I have ever seen in a video game. I have to squint and stare hard at the screen to see the walls. (I hope there's a torch or something that I can get) Then I go to the second floor. One of the guys I named pops out of nowhere basically saying "You need magic!", and then I'm attacked by a Minotaur, which easily wiped the floor with my two party members, sending my main character back to town alone. This is when I turned off the game.

Am I just being too harsh? I might give this game another chance tonight, but I have difficulty being patient with it when the art style and music turn me off to it so much.
If you had talked to every NPC like anyone would on a classic RPG (which this tried to imitate) you'd know you need a Torch, and you'd also know some other battle tips.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to... +1