Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 839,632
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. So if the old owner followed the A9LH guide exactly, would they theoretically have NAND backups stored on their PC?
Just an idea. If you have a9lh installed and still have health and safety in the system you could potentially inject FBI into that and then use FBI to install system updater OR System settings and just perform an update and that should reinstall any missing system titles.

I unfortunately don't have the time to walk you through it right now though but I wish you the best of luck and hope that I potentially helped.

Reactions: bizarrojoe

bizarrojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an idea. If you have a9lh installed and still have health and safety in the system you could potentially inject FBI into that and then use FBI to install system updater OR System settings and just perform an update and that should reinstall any missing system titles.

I unfortunately don't have the time to walk you through it right now though but I wish you the best of luck and hope that I potentially helped.

That's very nice of you to suggest. Unfortunately, I'm still too new to this to understand most of it lol.

QuickQuestion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shot in the dark, but I figured this is the best place to ask @d0k3

I feel like you would know more about this than anyone, if I have a NAND backup from an old 3DS that has since broken, what is the best way to go about extracting things like LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and SecureInfo_A from the NAND Dump? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I feel like you would know more about this than anyone, if I have a NAND backup from an old 3DS that has since broken, what is the best way to go about extracting things like LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and SecureInfo_A from the NAND Dump? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)
Decrypt it using the xorpads.
What, you never dumped your xorpads? That's a shame

QuickQuestion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for being condescending :) your answer just wouldn't have been the same without it.

So once its decrypted, how do I open it up to look at it after that? Just HxD or something?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

@Mikemk is right - if you don't have the CTRNAND XORpad, you're out of luck. Crypto on NAND backups is unique, and post console death, the XORpad is your only way of still accessing the data in a NAND backup.

Once decrypted (use 3DSFAT16Tool, link in my signature) you can mount the decrypted file in OSFmount (use Google) as drive in Windows.

Reactions: QuickQuestion

InfinityCoda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to launch Decrypt9 through the Homebrew launcher, but every time it just displays a red lower screen for a few seconds before looping back to the launcher. I currently have the most recent release, Decrypt9WIP-20161113-135126. I've searched the thread and found one possible fix (using Decrypt9WIP-20160812-114120), but that didn't work.

I'm using an o3DS XL with Homebrew launcher 1.1.0, and my emuNAND is on 11.2.0-35U, and I can provide other details if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

InfinityCoda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm trying to use it to extract SecureInfo_A from emuNAND (per this guide). I assume that this is done by launching it through EmuNAND, is that correct?

Suwazo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am not using Emunand but I am having that exact same issue. Also tried loading as a payload when luma starts but it just acts as if I am not holding a button. Went back to the old version mentioned above as well and it didn't help.
Well I got in somehow, changed the name of the payload and it worked, so that part at least wasn't an issue with Decrpyt9. Don't know why it won't go through the homebrew browser though.

Last edited by Suwazo,

Boeke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I am just starting from scratch on a stock o3ds 8.2.0-18. I am attempting to follow plailect's guide [only on step 1] which starts with decrypt9. I have placed Launcher.dat and Decrypt9WIP.dat on the SD card then placed that in the 3ds. I tried several links and they all give me errors instead of booting decrypt9. Where I'm getting lost is both decrypt9 and hg9 mention needing a9lh to work but the guide for a9lh mentions decrypt9 as the first step. I have read into the whole a9lh, cfw, etc stuff but I still don't get where the true starting point is.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I am just starting from scratch on a stock o3ds 8.2.0-18. I am attempting to follow plailect's guide [only on step 1] which starts with decrypt9. I have placed Launcher.dat and Decrypt9WIP.dat on the SD card then placed that in the 3ds. I tried several links and they all give me errors instead of booting decrypt9. Where I'm getting lost is both decrypt9 and hg9 mention needing a9lh to work but the guide for a9lh mentions decrypt9 as the first step. I have read into the whole a9lh, cfw, etc stuff but I still don't get where the true starting point is.
Hmmm... Try doing what the guide actually says, and launch the 3dsx file.

Boeke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... Try doing what the guide actually says, and launch the 3dsx file.
While in SysNAND? I am lost because every guide seems to use some other hax or whatnot as an entrypoint so I look up that hax and its just a loop of entrypoints. Looking at the Decrypt9 readme, the only 3dsx file mentioned is for those with a homebrew launcher, which I don't have.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While in SysNAND? I am lost because every guide seems to use some other hax or whatnot as an entrypoint so I look up that hax and its just a loop of entrypoints. Looking at the Decrypt9 readme, the only 3dsx file mentioned is for those with a homebrew launcher, which I don't have.
First step in the guide is installing the homebrew launcher. All the entrypoints are just different ways to launch the launcher depending on what you have. The homebrew launcher gives a list of 3dsx files in the /3ds folder, and lets you launch them.

aboreal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, i'll PM you, and then, i'll re-post a mini guide XD

edit: OK, so
1. Start the GBA game you want to dump the save
2. Start Decrypt9 and dump the save (SysNAND Option ->Miscellaneous -> GBA VC Save Dump )
3. Edit the save
4. Start the GBA game you want to inject the save (only if you have turned off the 3DS before),
and start decrypt9 WITHOUT turn off your 3DS (you can reboot the 3ds using system settings).
5. Inject the save (SysNAND Option ->Miscellaneous -> GBA VC Save Inject )
6. Start the GBA game.
7. Profit!

Update: If you have trouble with save files that are 64 KB instead of 32 KB (for the injection), try this:
Here an example with a save of fire emblem sacred stone.
Open a hexadecimal editor (like HxD), and erase all the null content at the end (the save file have to end by FF, and have to start with "AGB")
So, like on the images, erase all the blue content!
Now, the save file should be 32 KB.
So, the save file should end at the offset 00007FFF.

Note that the save cans change depending of the game. So, i recommend you to dump the gba game save, and compare it with the save you have downloaded on the Internet, to remove the right things.

Hi there, I dont understand some steps of the miniguide:

1.- What should I do with the .sav dumped (GBA VC Save Dump) ? May I replace it with the .sav I have downloaded in Internet?
2.- What do you mean with "edit the save"? edit the .save dumped? or the the .sav downloaded?
3.- I dont find how to "reboot" the 3DS using system settings...

Cheers!

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there, I dont understand some steps of the miniguide:

1.- What should I do with the .sav dumped (GBA VC Save Dump) ? May I replace it with the .sav I have downloaded in Internet?
2.- What do you mean with "edit the save"? edit the .save dumped? or the the .sav downloaded?
3.- I dont find how to "reboot" the 3DS using system settings...

Cheers!
1. Yep, you replace it with another save (from you 3ds or Internet).
2. Edit the save = replace your save by another one (and maybe trim it if it's a emulator save, see the "update" and the spoiler below, in my post you quoted.
3. launch the system settings, press x.

Last edited by RealityNinja,

aboreal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Yep, you replace it with another save (from you 3ds or Internet).
2. Edit the save = replace your save by another (and maybe trim it if it's a emulator save, see the "update" and the spoiler below, in my post you quoted.
3. launch the system settings, press x.

Thanks for replying.

Im having problems with the save (64KB), I guess its because the editing. I cant reduce it to 32KB. This is the save I try to use: http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/914982-metroid-zero-mission/saves (EUROPE SAVES)

I'll explain my steps: The save I download its a 64KB Gameshark Save (MetroidZero.SPS) >> I open it on VisualBoyAdvance, and save it to "MetroidZero.SAV" >> Then, I change the name from "MetroidZero.SAV" to "sysgbavc.SAV". The save its still on 64 KB >> Try to inject the save, but its impossible. Im sure its because its 64KB >> Later I try to edit the file with HxD but I cant reduce it to 32KB.

I put here the dump.SAV and the MetroidZero.SAV, so you can see it.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Saves.7z
    546 bytes · Views: 77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo