Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 840,328
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Didn't try CakeHax (yet), but you've got a pull request. Just two remarks...
  1. There seems to be some problem with the top (just a few lines) of the progress / warning / done / failed graphics (Brahma loader version). The problem is not in the .bin files. I'll take a deeper look later.
  2. The text in the warning graphic seems a little off. Maybe align it more properly to the diagonal of the warning sign triangle?
No idea yet on what to do with that free space in the menu graphics. I'll let you know if I have an idea.

BTW, I've seen you added a FIRM0 xorpad generator. The implementation is mighty fine, but, just out of interest - is this useful for anything now?
No, none at all. I don't suggest people mess with their firm's lest they want an acme brick :P

Only devs need to play with them, and that's already easy enough for them to do.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't try CakeHax (yet), but you've got a pull request. Just two remarks...
  1. There seems to be some problem with the top (just a few lines) of the progress / warning / done / failed graphics (Brahma loader version). The problem is not in the .bin files. I'll take a deeper look later.
  2. The text in the warning graphic seems a little off. Maybe align it more properly to the diagonal of the warning sign triangle?
No idea yet on what to do with that free space in the menu graphics. I'll let you know if I have an idea.

BTW, I've seen you added a FIRM0 xorpad generator. The implementation is mighty fine, but, just out of interest - is this useful for anything now?

1. Not sure what you're referring to here, I'm not seeing any issues.
2. Just adjusted the alignment of the text in this one and failed.... better you think?

4XCIJZB.png
0jisOdU.png

Not much we can with with the freespace/workdir really is there? I got the background blended into the image as close as i can (the drawstring background colour, why can't we do no background/invisible? lol).
Yeah i was messing with something (forget what to be honest now) and added it and just decided to leave it there, doesn't/can't cause any harm like nand restore etc could. But i guess it could be useful to someone.

Anyways, i put up a new build with MSET support and the new menu system/graphics. :)
here https://mega.nz/#!aRYHgJ5Y!6PphauTJ1n-Dv6Djwp93to1qVBEh-BYGd_OwFQeu8Gk or of course here https://github.com/Shadowtrance/Decrypt9/releases/tag/v2.0

Enjoy! :)

Last edited by Shadowtrance,

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
1. Not sure what you're referring to here, I'm not seeing any issues.
2. Just adjusted the alignment of the text in this one and failed.... better you think?

Not much we can with with the freespace/workdir really is there? I got the background blended into the image as close as i can (the drawstring background colour, why can't we do no background/invisible? lol).
Yeah i was messing with something (forget what to be honest now) and added it and just decided to leave it there, doesn't/can't cause any harm like nand restore etc could. But i guess it could be useful to someone.

Anyways, i put up a new build with MSET support and the new menu system/graphics. :)
here https://mega.nz/#!aRYHgJ5Y!6PphauTJ1n-Dv6Djwp93to1qVBEh-BYGd_OwFQeu8Gk or of course here https://github.com/Shadowtrance/Decrypt9/releases/tag/v2.0

Enjoy! :)

I doubt mset works on 8.1? I would buy you a steak dinner if you could accomplish that

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt mset works on 8.1? I would buy you a steak dinner if you could accomplish that

I have no idea, but considering basically anything mset related only works if it's downgraded to 4.x (or 6.x if you're lucky, haven't tried 6 myself), you're probably out of luck unless you're mset is downgraded.

I'm guessing you're other theory didn't pan out? :(

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea, but considering basically anything mset related only works if it's downgraded to 4.x (or 6.x if you're lucky, haven't tried 6 myself), you're probably out of luck unless you're mset is downgraded.

I'm guessing you're other theory didn't pan out? :(

Maybe it's just me but I couldn't get it to write and haven't touched it since. I plan to test it again tomorrow.

Downgraded mset isn't the issue in the n3ds, it's the rop command to 8.1 that is different then 9.x that alludes me

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Well last i checked mset still needs to be downgraded for anything mset exploit related to work regardless of firmware version or system type.

As for the actual rop stuff, I've no idea about it tbh and no real idea where to start looking into it. But either it still needs to be downgraded to a lower version.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Well last i checked mset still needs to be downgraded for anything mset exploit related to work regardless of firmware version or system type.

As for the actual rop stuff, I've no idea about it tbh and no real idea where to start looking into it. But either it still needs to be downgraded to a lower version.

The gw mset works for most cfw on 9.0-9.2

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it does, and you also have to downgrade it for it to work. :P

Sorry I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just pulling six 4,000 fiber feeds from a mso to a hospital earlier today and am completely drained.

I forget were I was going with this but yea Im going to test more tomorrow. I am hoping it is something that I am missing.

Also is there any way you can tell me the address locations of the firm? I may be able to hex them in if I know the values

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just pulling six 4,000 fiber feeds from a mso to a hospital earlier today and am completely drained.

I forget were I was going with this but yea Im going to test more tomorrow. I am hoping it is something that I am missing.

Also is there any way you can tell me the address locations of the firm? I may be able to hex them in if I know the values
Fair enough. :)
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem#NAND_structure should help with that. :)

kactusss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think this as already been asked in the past but I can not rememberer where.

Do you have any plan to add an emuNAND creation tool ? Is creating the same emuNAND as Gateway is even possible ?

It would be really great to have a 100% open-source alternative to Gateway.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think this as already been asked in the past but I can not rememberer where.

Do you have any plan to add an emuNAND creation tool ? Is creating the same emuNAND as Gateway is even possible ?

It would be really great to have a 100% open-source alternative to Gateway.
Well, to create an EmuNAND you need to format the SD card to leave the first [size of SysNAND] byte free, then copy the SysNAND backup data (as is) into that newly free space. It's not actually a complicated thing, but with the SD card access we have I consider it somewhat dangerous when done from a 3DS (you might lose everything on your SD if something goes wrong). Maybe I'll create a PC tool for that later on.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
You technically lose everything on your sd card when formatting emunand anyway. :P And of course if you don't back it up first, it's gone! haha
Yet somehow gateway manages to wipe the sd card and keep the launcher.dat intact... they have some sorcery goin' on there...

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You technically lose everything on your sd card when formatting emunand anyway. :P And of course if you don't back it up first, it's gone! haha
You don't have to, that's only the way GW seems to do it - there are intelligent ways of reformating your SD card. Same as f.e. Partition Wizard does it. Backup still highly recommended, though.

kactusss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the clarification!
Great, thanks very much for all your work :)

Just one more question. I understood there is a difference between Gateway emuNAND and redNAND, how is this possible ?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the clarification!
Great, thanks very much for all your work :)

Just one more question. I understood there is a difference between Gateway emuNAND and redNAND, how is this possible ?

The old redNAND (which i hope no one is still using, no need to anymore tbh) was just a different offset if i remember right.
Might have been something else as well, i honestly can't remember atm...

Reactions: kactusss

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, finally a new release.
https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9/releases/tag/20150821wip said:
This fixes the Launcher.dat, which is now again included in the release pack. The Brahma loader version is now self contained (only .3DSX and .SMDH needed).

For the tinkerers among you, there's a new hidden NAND_SWITCH feature (look in common.h). You need to change the #define and compile anew to use it, though.

And, for the tinkerers:

As for the hidden NAND_SWITCH feature - that enables switching between EmuNAND and SysNAND. According to previous tests, EmuNAND access is unreliable and needs more testing. As long as you don't write to EmuNAND, nothing bad will happen though. Also, be careful with stuff dumped from EmuNAND and don't use anything on EmuNAND if you don't have an EmuNAND installed on your SD card.

In short: NAND_SWITCH is not dangerous in itself, but accessing EmuNAND is unreliable, while DANGER_ZONE (on SysNAND) is reliable, but dangerous if the user makes an error. Hope that makes sense.

@Shadowtrance :
If you want to include NAND_SWITCH in the GUI version, you hace some work ahead of you. You'll need to edit DrawSplashLogo() to also display the current NAND, and you have to make the new SetNand() function work in the menu. Maybe it's better to wait until it is better tested? I will come up with a cleaner implementation later.

Reactions: kactusss

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The old redNAND (which i hope no one is still using, no need to anymore tbh) was just a different offset if i remember right.
Might have been something else as well, i honestly can't remember atm...
emunand: the NCSD header (first 0x200 bytes of nand) is moved to about 1 GB (3BA00000 old3ds physical offset) in the sdmc card.
the rest of the nand (offset 0x200 and beyond) starts at sdmc physical offset 0x200 and continues uninterrupted to the end of the nand, stopping just short of the NCSD header.

With rednand, the entire nand is contiguous, essentially idenical to the sysnand image. It is placed anywhere in the unallocated sdmc region.

Reactions: d0k3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4