Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 840,328
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I only want to inject 1 save, and i have multiple gba games on my 3ds.
If i renamed it and inject my save, wont that erase the others?
  1. Start the game you have on the 3DS. Then quit.
  2. Load settings then quit.
  3. Hold the button you use to load decrypt9 on boot to boot it.
  4. Eject the sd card. (Remember to press select to unmount) Put the save file. in the decrypt9 folder, then rename it GBAVCSAVE.BIN,
  5. Insert sd card and go to SYSNAND> Misc. GBA SAVE INJECT. And select the file.
That is how is done. wanna inject enough game? Do it again but remember the last game you loaded is the target of iinjects or dumps. Remember to first make a back up just in case the save doesn't work.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

I have other question:

Can I use the Decrypt9.3dsx (homebrew launcher) for all steps?

Open the game
close the game
start hbl.cia
start Decrypt9.3dsx
Inject/Dump the save

Iss that right?
i guess if you have 9.2 firmware, in case not, you need a9lh and load it during boot, and it must be on sysnand.

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I realized that gba vc saves can be renamed with 4 names, is it possible to have 4 saves of different games, each of them with one name, just loading each game and starting decrypt9 to inject? no need to put sd card on pc for every game I want to inject, can be 4 games each time.

gbavcsave.bin for Pokemon FireRed
gbavcsave.bin(!) for Pokemon Ruby
gbavcsave_sys.bin for Pokemon Emerald
sysgbavcsave.bin for Pokemon 1

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realized that gba vc saves can be renamed with 4 names, is it possible to have 4 saves of different games, each of them with one name, just loading each game and starting decrypt9 to inject? no need to put sd card on pc for every game I want to inject, can be 4 games each time.

gbavcsave.bin for Pokemon FireRed
gbavcsave.bin(!) for Pokemon Ruby
gbavcsave_sys.bin for Pokemon Emerald
sysgbavcsave.bin for Pokemon 1
press left/right to add a number to the end

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
there is a homebrew loader 2.7?

Then use the decrypt9 boot payload method. just follow the directions someone said before to di the injection correctly.
He means *hax 2.7.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the name should be *gbavcsave*.bin. If you are unsure, just dump the savegame and take note of it's name and location.

/files9 is the recommended work folder now, and most stuff works without a work folder, too.
A small update to my issue.
Making a files9 folder then putting gbavcsave.bin in it gets a reaction out of Decrypt9, but thats it.
With Super Mario World and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, renaming the .sav files (dumped right from my cartridge) to gbavcsave.bin gets Decrypt9 to claim the inject was successful, but it doesn't do anything.
With Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team, it just claims there was no usable file.
It might be that I dumped my saves from my cartridges. Is there any kind of conversion needed?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A small update to my issue.
Making a files9 folder then putting gbavcsave.bin in it gets a reaction out of Decrypt9, but thats it.
With Super Mario World and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, renaming the .sav files (dumped right from my cartridge) to gbavcsave.bin gets Decrypt9 to claim the inject was successful, but it doesn't do anything.
With Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team, it just claims there was no usable file.
It might be that I dumped my saves from my cartridges. Is there any kind of conversion needed?
Did you make sure the game you last played were the game you wanted the save inject to do? The instructions were written a few post ago.

1. Start the game. (that is the current target.)
  2. cloase the game then load system settings.
  3. close system settings, then load decrypt9 (hold the payload button to make it boot from options.
  4. Perform the save injection like so
  5. try loading the game again.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you make sure the game you last played were the game you wanted the save inject to do? The instructions were written a few post ago.

1. Start the game. (that is the current target.)
  2. cloase the game then load system settings.
  3. close system settings, then load decrypt9 (hold the payload button to make it boot from options.
  4. Perform the save injection like so
  5. try loading the game again.
I didn't know we were supposed to start system settings, but it didn't do anything. Same thing happened, it showed a successful inject [might be worth mentioning that the success text printed immediately after I pressed inject; it probably didn't do anything] but the save wasn't changed at all.
And yes, the game I wanted to inject was the last game I played.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know we were supposed to start system settings, but it didn't do anything. Same thing happened, it showed a successful inject [might be worth mentioning that the success text printed immediately after I pressed inject; it probably didn't do anything] but the save wasn't changed at all.
And yes, the game I wanted to inject was the last game I played.
Did you try loading the save into a emulator like visualboyadvance? Just to check and make sure. Try changing it to .sav extention and load it with emulator.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i wanted to take my sd card out of one system and use it with another one, is there anything i can dump from decrypt9 that i can use to do that? I just wanna be able to play games, so i would need all the title id on system one imported to system two, and perhaps my friends list as well. I won't need my nintendo network id since i don't have any money to buy anything anyway. So i was just wondering. I just wanna take the SD card out and insert it into another system to play my games with my save data.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i wanted to take my sd card out of one system and use it with another one, is there anything i can dump from decrypt9 that i can use to do that? I just wanna be able to play games, so i would need all the title id on system one imported to system two, and perhaps my friends list as well. I won't need my nintendo network id since i don't have any money to buy anything anyway. So i was just wondering. I just wanna take the SD card out and insert it into another system to play my games with my save data.
Possibly the movable.sed and ticket.db files, though I'm not sure if any other changes would need to be made like HMAC recalculation. This might also interfere with NNID linkage.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3 Is it possible to add save decryption to Decrypt 9? I don't mean from the games installed on the system titles. I mean like the encrypted save data file. 00000001.sav That file on the sd card. I know there is already save managers but i mean like stand alone, file decryptor for people who may not be able to access home menu for some reason.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3 Is it possible to add save decryption to Decrypt 9? I don't mean from the games installed on the system titles. I mean like the encrypted save data file. 00000001.sav That file on the sd card. I know there is already save managers but i mean like stand alone, file decryptor for people who may not be able to access home menu for some reason.
That is already in there, it is called SD Decryptor / Encryptor. Refer to the readme for usage instructions.

Possibly the movable.sed and ticket.db files, though I'm not sure if any other changes would need to be made like HMAC recalculation. This might also interfere with NNID linkage.
You can just try injecting movable.sed, title.db and ticket.db (maybe more, unsure yet) from system A (the one that created the SD data) to system B (the one that should handle the SD data). CMAC is handled automatically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN