Hacking Downgrading 11.5.0-38U to 11.2.0-35U

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhhhh, did a 2dsxl ever come with 11.2? If not that could be very bad. It would basically be the same as N3DSxl downgrading to 2.1 to get the OTP.... Without proper modification it could get messed up. If they had 11.2 then you should be fine, if not you could get locked at a "turn on 3d mode" screen upon formatting just like the reg 2ds!
Not only was that modified just to be able to boot, it was completely unstable or usable for anything but its designed purpose. For example, closing the lid would while turned on would result in an unrecoverable brick.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, it should be common sense that even if the console boots on a firmware it never had it's not going to work right on said firmware. So that would be completely pointless.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
It could be done with an emunand (or even sysnand) and cfw. You would just have 11.2 with a few titles from 11.4/n2ds or 11.5 that are patched to run under 11.2 (just a couple of constants, most likely). Of course that means said firmware won't boot at all without cfw.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, it should be common sense that even if the console boots on a firmware it never had it's not going to work right on said firmware. So that would be completely pointless.

Actually, 11.4 works with GW, with the exception of 3 files. It's only NATIVE_FIRM, GSP Services, and NWM Services that must be downgraded to 11.2. So, if that special version of 11.4 used by the N2DS is publicly available, installing that, downgrading those 3 files, and then updating the friends module to the one from 11.6 may very well work just fine. I think it's very possible to create a working GW combination with no negative side effects.

Though I still don't see the draw of the N2DS. Most of the reason to get the new hardware is the image stabilization that makes playing in 3D enjoyable, as opposed to being a frustrating eye placement exercise. Xenoblade and Binding of Isaac are good, but not worth buying a new system over by themselves. Besides, the 3DS version of BoI hasn't even received any updates. You're better off getting it for the Switch. For that matter, even the PS4 finally got Plus (it's about time).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know i always asked my self this question about downgrading the new 2ds xl. As we know it is part of the new 3ds line and OS but it does not have a 3d lever. So if we transfer the image to a 2ds xl and format, then would we not have a turn the lever up brick?

uhhhh, did a 2dsxl ever come with 11.2? If not that could be very bad. It would basically be the same as N3DSxl downgrading to 2.1 to get the OTP.... Without proper modification it could get messed up. If they had 11.2 then you should be fine, if not you could get locked at a "turn on 3d mode" screen upon formatting just like the reg 2ds!

original version was 11.4.0-37 with special titles that are not/were not on NUS to support the new system. mostly to disable head-tracking since there is no 3D and other things. so installing "normal" 11.4 or anything lower doesn't work.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/2dsaver-beta-fix-your-2ds-format-brick-testers-needed.457828/

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait. So if we brick and have no nand backup then we are officially screwed?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait. So if we brick and have no nand backup then we are officially screwed?
(2ds XL)

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He has a n2ds xl. Which has a special fw that is only 11.4 and up. That will not help him.... You can go ahead and try to downgrade a n2ds xl if you want. But dont blame me when it doesnt boot like ihaveamac said xD

Yes, but the thing is, only 3 files need to be downgraded to 11.2. They're listed here. I don't think any of those has anything to do with the display. If there's a dump of the N2DS version of 11.4 out there, it probably wouldn't be that hard to make a working downgrade pack for EmuNAND that gets Gateway working. And with zero side effects. Just don't expect me to test it. I have no interest in getting one.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out