3dsxl 11.2.0.-35u Mod (what method should I use?)

Dustin34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an older 3dsxl running (11.2.0.-35u) I want to mod it without any issues, what method should I use to mod it? I'm new to the site and looking for help from someone experienced. Thanks for the help in advance. (:

Dustin34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After using the soundhax mod and moving on to (Finalizing Setup) should I update to the latest system version described in (section III)? Or leave it at (11.2.0.-35u)?

Attachments

• 20230824_044857.jpg
    20230824_044857.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 15

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
After using the soundhax mod and moving on to (Finalizing Setup) should I update to the latest system version described in (section III)? Or leave it at (11.2.0.-35u)?
You can update without problems since once you have luma installed it will stay installed. So yeah, update for better compatibility for games or stay on the firmware you have. The choice is yours, now it's time to do whatever you like with your 3ds :)

Dustin34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help I can confirm that I got it modded and had no issues following the 3ds.guide using the soundhax method. Now I just gotta figure out how to download some games and install them to the system and I'll be all set.

Attachments

• 20230824_153204.jpg
    20230824_153204.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the help I can confirm that I got it modded and had no issues following the 3ds.guide using the soundhax method. Now I just gotta figure out how to download some games and install them to the system and I'll be all set.
You install them with FBI, games are in CIA format (really sounds like a joke but it's quite funny)

Reactions: Dustin34

Dustin34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is actually quite funny lol. Do you have a link giving step by step how to do this if possible? That way I can get an understanding of how to do this easily? Thanks for all the answered questions, you have been a Great Help. (:

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
It is actually quite funny lol. Do you have a link giving step by step how to do this if possible? That way I can get an understanding of how to do this easily? Thanks for all the answered questions, you have been a Great Help. (:
No problem, that's why we're in the forum. Anyway, you just put the cia file on the sd card and install it in fbi, that's all, you can make a folder called cia or something in order to find them easily but that's all we can say to help. We don't allow piracy in the forum so we can't link to any site or way to acquire games ilegally. You can get homebrew directly from universal updater

Reactions: Dustin34

Dustin34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I got it figured out and I had a few cartridges from my old 3ds that had broken and found them today and dumped them onto this newer 3ds that way I don't have to carry them around. Thanks for all the help, you're the Best! This forum is such a help and awesome to have around!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol