Homebrew doom

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not done anything with doom for a while. thought about adding the hardware render code from the heretic port I created - since they are both both doom engine games, but I have not been particularly motivated to work on it though. started a couple of other ports as well but again motivation has been lacking.
That would be very awesome!!
What about releasing a donate version only with these features?

Last edited by democracy,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That would be very awesome!!
What about releasing a donate version only with these features?
tumblr_lgpfc1DfU01qeweuno1_1280.jpg

In all seriousness, probably tricky to do that with open source when a lot of code may come from other people. Donating is in principle a good idea though, of course. :)

Reactions: mironicurse

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not really interested in taking donations. If I did then I would feel bad when I am too lazy to work on something people paid me to do :) plus this is a port
Well I'm out of motivation ideas then...

Perhaps all we can hope for now is that you see a shooting star one night and it inspires you because it resembles an Imp throwing a fireball![emoji12]

demoncatursday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried putting them in the Root of the SD card, and in the 3ds/prboom folder, neither worked

I tried with official as well as modified .wads but none worked (also tried renaming the modded .wads to Doom/Doom1 if that matters at all)

edit: also if it matters, prboom was already there when I installed Homebrew, I didn't put it there myself

Last edited by demoncatursday,

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried putting them in the Root of the SD card, and in the 3ds/prboom folder, neither worked

I tried with official as well as modified .wads but none worked (also tried renaming the modded .wads to Doom/Doom1 if that matters at all)

edit: also if it matters, prboom was already there when I installed Homebrew, I didn't put it there myself
Ok I think the issue is that there are two separate ports of prboom. The version referenced in this thread is not the version distributed with the homebrew launcher. The version distrubuted with the homebrew launcher is made by wintermute and was released after the version in this thread. The version on this thread will prompt you for different versions - but it is hard coded for doom, doom 2, tnt, final etc. both version allow you allow setting the wad file on the command line and both allow specifying pwad files in the menu (requires a relaunch).

Reactions: demoncatursday

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not done anything with doom for a while. thought about adding the hardware render code from the heretic port I created - since they are both both doom engine games, but I have not been particularly motivated to work on it though. started a couple of other ports as well but again motivation has been lacking.
Sorry to ask this here, but I couldn't find a thread for your Heretic port. I cant seem to run it. N3DS a9lh with Luma3DS 6.1.2. I have the homebrew files and heretic.wad in SD:\3ds\heretic3ds\. The game loads, but locks up about 1 second after the graphics load and the music starts, sometimes even before.

demoncatursday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I downloaded the prdoom from this thread and tried a few different things

prboom.wad and Doom1.wad at the SD root

First thing that happened is that prboom would ask if I wanted to load either Shareware or Doom, shareware loaded fine but Doom gave me something about IWAD tags and froze up

I dug around and ended up in the .cfg file, I set Wad1 to "/prboom.wad" and Wad2 to "/doom1.wad", from here prboom would only present 'Doom' to me when starting it up, and gave no errors, but it's still the shareware version

I went back and made the Wad1 and Wad2 blank again and now it only shows 'Shareware' to me on boot unless I put those back

basically whatever I do either doesn't work, or only leaves me in Shareware, I'll try loading a Wad besides Doom1 and edit what happens then

EDIT
It seems like everything besides Doom1 works for whatever reason, which is good enough for me

Last edited by demoncatursday,

demoncatursday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried doing this with some mods and I just get stuck on the loading screen telling me that it's extracting a DEH lump out of the WAD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1