Homebrew doom

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prboom3ds - a version of doom based on prboom 2.5 and code brazenly stolen from dsdoom and other ports. it has 3d and sound - while not exactly perfect it does run.

newest version requires doom wad files and prboom.wad in the /3ds/prboom3ds/ directory.
(old versions used the root directory)

lots of graphical glitches and you need to play with the 3d slider to make it look decent.

release link https://github.com/elhobbs/prboom3ds/releases
v0.6-alpha is the latest version

Last edited by elhobbs,

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I thought I posted it. I'll have to try it again but as I recall, it had something to do with line 58 of ds_main in arm9. ConsoleInit i think it said

Code:
ds_main.o: In function `sys_init':
c:/Users/Cubes/Desktop/prboom3ds-master/arm9/source/ds_main.c:58: undefined referenceto `consoleInit'

its right as its making the files

the error?
edit: hmm... I suspect the issue is that I am using the current github version of ctrulib rather than the version installed by the devktpro installer

I will do that and then give it a try. Thanks!

Edit: you were correct. I forgot to update it with the latest version. Playing right now and I'm loving it!

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't run or compile? What did you try and did you get an error message? Without any information it is hard to help.

Nevermind, MajinCubeyan helped me. Just for future people, it was the compiling. It says error no matter if I put it in devkitArm, ctrulib folder, or anything. It doesn't work.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I completely missed saying that. It's in sd:\3ds\doom 3ds and prboom and doow1.wad are in sd:\prboom.wad and sd:\doom1.wad.
not your fault - the newest ctrulib caused this to break. The newest ctrulib auto initializes the provided sdmc module. I removed the custom sdmc code I was using and added some additional code to fix unimplemented stat_r.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn