Hacking Dont Update to 5.0U if you want homebrew (Debunked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Source? AFAIK, I doubt there will be another viable exploit for the Wii U, it'll likely be the 3DS BS all over again.

Assuming you're right, what would then be the point at all, except for piracy? Few people own a Wii U in the first place, and fewer still will take the necessary steps to avoid updating - not exactly gonna be a huge homebrew scene if that's the case. Since I'm quite happy to pay for my Wii U games, I'm currently enjoying the quick start etc features of this update without a care in the world! :D

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you're right, what would then be the point at all, except for piracy? Few people own a Wii U in the first place, and fewer still will take the necessary steps to avoid updating - not exactly gonna be a huge homebrew scene if that's the case. Since I'm quite happy to pay for my Wii U games, I'm currently enjoying the quick start etc features of this update without a care in the world! :D

I don't care about Wii U game backups at all, as I own all of them and are proud to own them. The other good side would be having better emulators, notably N64, PSX and possibly Dreamcast. Please don't imply that I didn't pay for my games, because I do. I want no region locking either, because it's a bane and unneeded.

Reactions: jalaneme

Bluecrush204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about Wii U game backups at all, as I own all of them and are proud to own them. The other good side would be having better emulators, notably N64, PSX and possibly Dreamcast. Please don't imply that I didn't pay for my games, because I do. I want no region locking either, because it's a bane and unneeded.

same here faster and better emulators and region free gaming

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good i'm still at 4.0.2e :)

Read what Marionumber1 has said, it's safe, http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-5-0-fw.366873/page-9#post-5013452

Chill out bros,
I got the 5.0 update, and everything still works fine,

They added some cool new stuff too!
Quick boot.
and it can detect if your WiiU is in the wrong video mode for your tv.

Again, we have word from a Wii U hacker that this is not an issue, please refer to the link in my post.

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chill out bros,

Quick boot.

Edit:
I tested:
-using (vWii compatible) channel loaders
-homebrew channels
-installing wads
-usbloader

Everything still working after 5.0.0 usa update

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Chill out bros,

Quick boot.

Edit:
I tested:
-using (vWii compatible) channel loaders
-homebrew channels
-installing wads
-usbloader

Everything still working after 5.0.0 usa update
vWii still works perfectly, yes. People are bothered about a potential WiiU mode exploit.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vWii still works perfectly, yes. People are bothered about a potential WiiU mode exploit.

Are people really that oblivious to what Marionumber1 said on the other thread, that the exploit will still be able to work with some changes? It's still being worked on http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-5-0-fw.366873/page-9#post-5013452

People need to look around and know it's nothing to freak out about

It's too late for that. I turned on my Wii U and got a message that it would be updated the next time the console was restarted. :(

Dude, read what was said in the above link please, there's nothing to panic over. The experts have spoken and nothing was lost. This thread needs to close.

Milesgboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I honestly care for is just being able to dump and actually see the files from the iso's that I own. And if we do ever get a proper backup loader to make the iso's moddable to change around files that will be a field day for me and my buddies since that's what we mostly care about. I know that would probably and eventually does lead to piracy when things become that open, but thats what I hope for in the future same goes with the 3ds as well whenever that happens.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that you're not trolling with us now :P

I wouldn't worry about that, he's a pretty chill guy :P I just went ahead and updated, I wanted to just get it over with, you know, like a band-aid :lol: I trust him.

i cannot believe this commotion!

THERE IS NO HOMEBREW NOW ANYWAY! if you are really that crazy over homebrew on Wii U, then disconnect it from the internet completely.

Read this thread and the other thread, what's been said has been said to clear the commotion, it has calmed down. Read what Crediar said. People need to backpedal and read what has been said so far, the confusion has been cleared up. Oy vey.

Be careful it might be a trap!

Is it really that hard to trust Crediar and Marionumber1 to know that it's okay to update now? Really? My you people are edgy. Sheesh.:rolleyes:

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cannot believe this commotion!

THERE IS NO HOMEBREW NOW ANYWAY! if you are really that crazy over homebrew on Wii U, then disconnect it from the internet completely.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful it might be a trap!

8cc3577c15352b205a0c08cb19e3e41c

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darn the update caught me by surprise, it was active in standby mode because it was downloading a 16gb game. I turned it on and I found I couldn't cancel the update. good thing it dosnt brick my vwii according to another thread. but now there goes my chance to use homebrew

WiikeyU will prob still work.​
I thought wiikeyU dosent support homebrew​

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, I need to make another question, first, I know the 5.0 System Menu is safe, the only question I have is this: The Wii U, now when is off, can update by itself? I will update, but before that I need to know this, and some other question I have is, I Can disable the Standby mode with this update? in this mode I'm 100% sure Wii U will update, Thanks for the answers!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
This was a good false alarm for a lot of people. It shows how easy it is for nintendo to update you and the importance of taking extra precautions to keep it from happening again.

Of course, I'm probably being too optimistic people will learn from this.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I need to make another question, first, I know the 5.0 System Menu is safe, the only question I have is this: The Wii U, now when is off, can update by itself? I will update, but before that I need to know this, and some other question I have is, I Can disable the Standby mode with this update? in this mode I'm 100% sure Wii U will update, Thanks for the answers!

Only if you have standby enabled, this is in the system settings and can be disabled, I would suggest you do so ASAP. So yes, you can disable it in the settings.

Reactions: Goku Junior

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Only if you have standby enabled, this is in the system settings and can be disabled, I would suggest you do so ASAP. So yes, you can disable it in the settings.

Thank you!, can you explain me what is ASAP? (It looks like a noob question, sorry)

EDIT: and if you can answer another thing, what adress I need to block in my router to make the Wii U don't update for future updates?, thanks!

Reactions: Melon__Bread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBois awake hide your kids